Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Monte playing the "right" players??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Is Monte playing the "right" players??

Apr 20, 2019, 7:54 PM

I hate to say it, but I haven't been to a game yet, but just wondering if he's putting the right players on the field OR are they just not performing OR is Monte not getting it done? Traditionally, the Tigers have been average hitters with poor fundamentals (Jack's fault) and terrible baserunners. Fielding has also been a bit erratic in the past. To be honest, it's kinda amazing the way the Tigers always end up with a high end, quality win seasons; unfortunately post season results reflect the above.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in all fairness, there are players

Apr 20, 2019, 8:05 PM

that are unavailable due to injuries. Kier and Teodosio would be starting if healthy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in all fairness, there are players

Apr 20, 2019, 8:53 PM

The best lineup we could have is
2B Hall
SS Davidson
3B Byrd
C Wilkie
1B Hawkins
RF Majikowski
DH Sharpe
CF Teo
LF Meredith

Re: in all fairness, there are players

Apr 20, 2019, 8:54 PM

If teo slumps put Hall in CF and J Hawkins/J Greene at 2B for s game or 2

Byrd is a major liability @ third . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: in all fairness, there are players ]

or anywhere else in the field he plays . . . because we need his bat . . . Monte must choose his poison

It's a shame Byrd can't be the DH . . . Can Davis play first when not pitching?

Just thinking out loud . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Byrd is a major liability @ third . . .

Apr 20, 2019, 9:16 PM

Yes he can but the what about b Hawkins who has to be in the lineup? Unfortunately he has to choose offense or defense. Friday we lost because of defense but most of the games we lose is because of offense so you have to go with the offense imo

Re: Is Monte playing the "right" players??

Apr 20, 2019, 8:48 PM

He’s literally tried every combo. It’s the players. They are not performing well at all. The last thing to try is hackenberg at dh again but he can only do that when sharpe pitches so that doesn’t help much

Re: Is Monte playing the "right" players??

Apr 21, 2019, 6:25 AM

I cant confirm ,or deny this but reports out of baseball circles tell me he is using the Abbott and Costello "Whose on First" line-up.

when he said changes in line up.I thought he

Apr 21, 2019, 8:09 AM

might over think it. came true when Fr. blunder in LF to lose to GA. but sh!t happens

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: when he said changes in line up.I thought he

Apr 21, 2019, 11:05 AM

You're right a good bit but way wrong about this. Henderson didn't even start the game hphallman.
Fairey started the game. In the top 6th or 7th Fairey was coming up to bat in a bunt situation and Fairey struck out looking his previous at bat so Monte PH Henderson who is better at bunting. Of course he didn't get it down b/c nobody is right now. Henderson then went into LF where he always plays. Henderson has been fine all year out there. The only thing that Monte did wrong that night was take Jacob Hennessey out and let Teo bat all night when he clearly is detrimental to the offense

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic