Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Jeff Scott getting it done as recruiting coordinator?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,085

Is Jeff Scott getting it done as recruiting coordinator?

Jan 1, 2014, 9:08 PM

We're gonna need to hang with FSU in recruiting unless we want 2013 repeated over and over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Jeff Scott getting it done as recruiting coordinator?

Jan 1, 2014, 9:15 PM

Its not on Jeff, we have a bunch of nice guys on our staff. Recruiting is a dirty game. You have to drive with the flow of traffic. If you observe the speed limit you will be left behind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2014, 9:15 PM

we ain't hangin' with FSU in recruiting or developing. The 2013 score probably won't be a regular thing, but we will play second fiddle in the Atlantic for the forseeable future.
No idea if it's Jeff Scott or not.

Jan 1, 2014, 9:16 PM

Its not on Jeff, we have a bunch of nice guys on our staff. Recruiting is a dirty game. You have to drive with the flow of traffic. If you observe the speed limit you will be left behind.

Our recruiting seems to be in a slump.***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LULZ

Jan 1, 2014, 9:20 PM

Our class is really good right now. We would like to add one or two studs but it's stacked right now.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I doubt changing one coordinator all of sudden

Jan 1, 2014, 9:23 PM

makes a lot of the "stars" change their minds. It's a lot of things, including school (image -SEC, SEC! - culture, academics to some), location, coaches, coordinators, other players, etc.

It's possible we could make some small improvement with different blood, but I doubt it would be huge. But it seems to me we are making some steady - but maybe slow - progress class to class. I'm a broken record in saying this - but I doubt the accuracy in saying every 5 star is necessarily better than every 4 star, etc. But we should target continuing to get better talent all the time. Whether than means it is heavy 4 star versus 1 or 2 key 5 stars every time is less important than just getting some of the right guys. And so far there is progress.

If the 2015 class is still in the top 15 to 20 or better like the past classes, it's a good sign for us. The bigger issue may become (is?) player development.

You mean

Jan 1, 2014, 9:23 PM

Stacked in skill positions which is great if your lines are already good.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would like to see some OL commit***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:32 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: would like to see some OL commit- yep

Jan 1, 2014, 9:36 PM

world peace and an end to poverty while were dreaming too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,085
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic