Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Hunter Johnson DW4s heir apparent?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,663

Is Hunter Johnson DW4s heir apparent?

Jul 7, 2016, 11:13 AM

This kid is getting crazy hype. Im sure all deserved. Will he run away with the starting job or will Cooper and Brice make it a battle?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Hunter Johnson DW4s heir apparent?

Jul 7, 2016, 11:23 AM

Personally, I think Cooper gets the first shot at it if he performs well in camps. That said, I do expect Hunter to be pushing quite hard right behind him and it to be a competition with him and Cooper. I see Brice redshirting in the end (K Bryant will in that case be the 3rd string)....just don't see him beating out Hunter without some work. Depends though on who grasps the system at what time and how well they do in it.

Jul 7, 2016, 11:31 AM

Yep there is no telling but I am leaning Cooper

We have a full year before we know that

Jul 7, 2016, 11:27 AM

a full year of players practicing, learning the offense, getting better. Impossible to tell which guy will be on top a year from now.

He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's.

Jul 7, 2016, 12:19 PM

So my guess is that the coaches do not look at anyone as an heir apparent. Next Spring the coaches will be preaching that everyone's status is ground zero, and they will mean it. It seems that predicting who can become what Watson is - always makes the right decision - is impossible. Watson walked on campus doing it. With others it can be a process, and with others a light seems to come on at some point.

We talk a lot about Johnson, Cooper and Brice, with good reason, but I would love to see Bryant become what he can be. He can fly. That 40 yard td run was pure. Looked like an Olympic sprinter with a football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's.

Jul 7, 2016, 12:25 PM

Last year he was looking like a lineman when he passed the ball though (Bryant that is).

One thing is for sure... We are going to keep a lot of defensive coordinators awake at night for many years to come. We could literally run a pro-style / option / screen hybrid and constantly rotate quarterbacks, changing our schemes almost constantly. Our offense is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams from this season through 2021, minimally.

Hunter is legit.

Jul 7, 2016, 12:25 PM [ in reply to He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's. ]

One thing is for sure, we are going to miss Deshaun Watson so enjoy it while you can.

And we won't be starving at QB no matter what happens. So we2deep.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant just reminds me of Stuckey in 2003. He had a

Jul 7, 2016, 1:14 PM [ in reply to He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's. ]

highlight reel TD run to cap off the 63-17 blowout at Billy B, but he never developed as a QB a eventually changed positions. With the competition he's soon to be facing at QB i wonder if we can't find him another position eventually as well. The problem is our WR depth chart is vastly different than it was in like 2005...

Re: He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's.

Jul 7, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to He has the ability to be, but so do the other qb's. ]

Hope this is the case and talent wins the day unlike 2014.

Jul 7, 2016, 12:47 PM

check out this vid around the 1:10 mark. some vids of DW4 & Hunter Johnson making throws back to back
https://youtu.be/qI8x415g-zo

Their throwing motions are almost identical

Jul 7, 2016, 2:10 PM

Johnson actually might do a little better job of keeping his elbow up

Wow he looks smoother and wayyy stronger than the

Jul 7, 2016, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Hunter Johnson DW4s heir apparent? ]

guy that throws ahead of him and i believe that is 5* Michigan recruit Dylan McCaffrey. He's already physically ready for the college game - no doubt.

Who knows..

Jul 7, 2016, 1:06 PM

Maybe Cooper or Brice are awesome too?

Still hope Tucker Carlson Israel earns a shot at some point

Jul 7, 2016, 1:39 PM

People have learned historically not to mess with Israel. Ask any Egyptian.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Romans handled them easily enough***

Jul 7, 2016, 2:11 PM

From what ive seen/heard he's going to be the most talented

Jul 7, 2016, 1:15 PM

QB on the roster after DW leaves. He will be a true freshman in 2017 though, and although DW4 did end up starting as a true FR, we will better alternative options than Cole Stoudt. Most likely somebody else (Cooper?) will get a crack at it first, but if he's as good as the hype he should eventually take over.

If he wins it on the field he is, but he will not win it by

Jul 7, 2016, 1:27 PM

proxy.

If he wins it on the field he is, but he will not win it by

Jul 7, 2016, 1:27 PM

proxy.

Doubt he wins the job as a true freshman but a lot of that

Jul 7, 2016, 2:05 PM

will depend on Bryant and Cooper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic