Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Dabo posturing?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Is Dabo posturing?

Nov 25, 2018, 8:44 PM

It is a bit odd to me that he doubled-down on his comment to leave as a serious gesture. He has always made the comment, “never say never” when discussing the potential of taking another position. However, it is usually followed by a caveat that he loves where he is at with clemson. This the first time I can remember him alluding to wanting to leave the program. It seems a bit like posturing. Maybe not for anything immediate but putting some separation between the idea of him being inseparable from clemson. I know this isn’t a popular stance but worth considering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Dabo posturing?

Nov 25, 2018, 8:50 PM

Wow, it's amazing you must be one of these deeply planted trolls, who can keep a pulse with several insincere posts and then break out out a doozie like this.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:00 PM

It’s an honest assessment. I could sit in an echo chamber but I’m trying to gauge the situation. It just struck me as odd because it is a new tone. I’m not aware of another occasion where he has threatened to leave or indicated that he had any interests in leaving. He has been asked about other positions and made it clear that he will never say never but I don’t recall him making these sorts of comments.

Just because someone speaks their mind and has a different opinion or perspective than you doesn’t make them a troll. Something to consider.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:58 PM

No he's rightfully pisssed off that people who were calling for his head when we were winning 10+ games a season because we were losing to SC are now complaining about beating the same rival by 21 in the midst of 12-0 season and greatest 4 year run in program history.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:02 PM

OK - I’ll have to go back and watch the video again and/or read the transcript. I didn’t catch that he couched the statement in retaliation to people wanting him to be fired a few years ago due to his lack of success against the coots. I thought it was just over this specific incident. Thanks for pointing that out.

Being pissed off is one thing...threatening to leave

Nov 25, 2018, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Dabo posturing? ]

Re: Being pissed off is one thing...threatening to leave

Nov 25, 2018, 9:15 PM

Do you have a link to the audio? Tia.

This is the part I heard

Nov 25, 2018, 9:48 PM

Why does everyone think Dabo was talking about leaving?

Nov 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

I hear it differently.

"...If 12-0 isn't good enough, then it's time to seek other places..."

I hear this as him telling the people complaining about this teams accomplishments to go elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that was what was said there

Nov 25, 2018, 10:10 PM

Re: Being pissed off is one thing...threatening to leave

Nov 25, 2018, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Being pissed off is one thing...threatening to leave ]

Veiled threats are not becoming of anyone and Dabo is no exception. Hopefully his emotions got away from him at the time. I don't think any Clemson fans want to see any coaching changes. Maybe Dabo is correct that the criticism is centered on the margin of victory at 21 points, but it seems to me that he's confusing that with the legitimate concern (expressed by him as well as by Venables) that the defense was horrible and must get better in order for the team to reach its ultimate goal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 9:24 PM

Yet another! Dabo was mad and rightfully so, he has always stood up for his players and program. No surprise! Change your tampon and get ready for Pitt.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 9:33 PM

Tampon has been changed. I’m definitely ready for Pitt. But this just seemed different to me. A loosely veiled threat seems uncharacteristic of Dabo.

The TNet barometer seems to indicate that it couldn’t possibly be posturing, which is all I was trying to gauge.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:44 PM

The choice of words to use in the headline was a bit incendiary., " doubling down", "scorched earth".

Dabo was right to call out "it feels like a loss". Players and coaches work their tails off year round to be the best they can be. Win or lose we have the best PROGRAM in college football. All thanks to Dabo.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:44 PM

The choice of words to use in the headline was a bit incendiary., " doubling down", "scorched earth".

Dabo was right to call out "it feels like a loss". Players and coaches work their tails off year round to be the best they can be. Win or lose we have the best PROGRAM in college football. All thanks to Dabo.

Oh good lawd. Sigh.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:57 PM

Dabo isn't going anywhere.

No, listen to Dabo.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 PM

Reading what David Hood writes is misleading, but Dabo is clearly saying it's time for those fans to jump off the bandwagon.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic