Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is DW4 expected to be WITHOUT his knees brace in September?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Is DW4 expected to be WITHOUT his knees brace in September?

Jan 18, 2016, 5:22 PM

From what I have heard knee braces offer little support to the knee and are more a phycological benifit than physical

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It certainly didn't seem to bother him....

Jan 18, 2016, 5:30 PM

other than the few rare occasions he'd have to adjust/re-position it after a slide or tackle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

rare? He was messing with it after like every play***

Jan 18, 2016, 7:33 PM

He just kept tucking his pant leg back in the top of it

Jan 18, 2016, 10:37 PM

looked like he was doing it so the fabric didn't get caught while he was running. Very rarely did he ever adjust the brace its self.

Re: Is DW4 expected to be WITHOUT his knees brace in September?

Jan 18, 2016, 5:33 PM

From what I have heard, unless something happens the brace will be off from here on out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true, there is no evidence that after ACL repair

Jan 18, 2016, 5:39 PM

that there is any benefit such as less injury wearing a brace than not. Most sports medicine and orthopedics doctors would suggest it is primarily to remind him that he had an injury. Braces can in fact cause you to have more injuries, case in point ankle brace. You lose proprioception and once you take it off, your risk of injury is increased. So with good PT regimen and team trainer's, which we evidently have, he will likely not wear the brace anymore.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 5:43 PM

Quick question first... What the heck is a "phycological benifit"?

Jan 18, 2016, 5:52 PM

It's the act of misplacing a few letters. Leave the man alone lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 5:54 PM

I just get concerned when the letters are on opposites sides of the keyboard. Missing the S and putting and H and the E for an I? That could be something serious. ??

Jan 18, 2016, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Is DW4 expected to be WITHOUT his knees brace in September? ]

Lol
Phone screen is small and my eyes are bad.

I was more interested in what "proprioception" is!!***

Jan 18, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Is DW4 expected to be WITHOUT his knees brace in September? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 5:50 PM

While I am in no way comparing myself to one of the greatest CFB players playing today and perhaps ever, due to disability, I wear braces from time to time and I think you hit the nail on the head, it's more of a psychological need than a physiological one. Whatever he wants, let him do it....certianly didn't hinder him.

Jan 19, 2016, 8:37 AM

Point just for spelling those two words correctly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are 2 things that could keep us out of the 2017 CFP..

Jan 18, 2016, 6:03 PM

FSU at Tallahassee, and

an injury to DW.

Time to eschew the knee brace;

I say we make the boy play in a full-body cast next year!

Good question. I wondered myself if he...

Jan 18, 2016, 7:29 PM

...would still wear it this coming season. Has to be a little annoying having to readjust it so many times after a run. But it certainly didn't seem to be a distraction for him, to his credit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jan 18, 2016, 8:30 PM

I think he should wear it. Whether it's psychological or not, it can only help. It's why o-lineman are typically required to wear prophylactic knee braces. It doesn't solve problems all the time, but it certainly doesn't hurt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I don"t understand the fad of short pants that don't cover

Jan 18, 2016, 9:26 PM

the knee. The pad over the knee surely helps protect the kneecap and protect against turf burns and bruises.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's been a security blanket all year.

Jan 18, 2016, 10:20 PM

Six months to heal and six more to realize it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 10:35 PM

Every time he bends down to adjust it I hold my breath thinking there is something wrong. If we could lose the brace and find him some socks that stay up I could enjoy the game better :)

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic