Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M?

Dec 25, 2012, 7:37 PM

I am curious what Clemson fans think. I only saw one game of Clemson all year (SCar) and based on that and the fact that A&M had a lot of success with a tougher schedule, I think A&M is better. I bring up this comparison because A&M was probably the best offense we faced.
Once we made adjustments in the middle of the 2nd qtr, we shut A&M down allowing only one prevent D TD...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M?

Dec 25, 2012, 7:45 PM

I would have to give a slight edge to TAMU. But, I was at/watched 12/12 Clemson games and only watched 3/12 TAMU games. Johnny's ability to make plays when plays aren't "there" separates the two offenses. Tajh is great when he is in rhythm, not so great when not.

Dec 25, 2012, 8:11 PM

The very reason IMHO Chad Kelly will be better in this offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are going to win - Now go back to your tiger droppings***

Dec 25, 2012, 8:11 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: You are going to win - nick is not true tiger fan***

Dec 25, 2012, 9:10 PM

Go bac to your coop Nick~

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are an idiot ---

Dec 25, 2012, 10:04 PM

not a usuck guy and let me stamp my class ring in your forehead idiot...

You honestly believe that we will win this game.. Just put your salary against it.. I am a huge tiger fan and no less than you but realistic. We only scored 3 points against the coots in the second half and they totally shut us down. I think there is technology now called Video where you can play previous matches.I think LSU will utilize this new technology to figure out how to shut us down as well. They have better athletes than the coots. OOh yeah, the game was in death valley if you have not noticed and we were suppose to win that game. I'll give the Clemson tigers with +10 if you are a man to take it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

being an alum in no way, shape,fashion or form MAKES you a

Dec 26, 2012, 4:15 AM

fan of the schools sports teams. you may care for them, and even pull for them to win, to bring more credit to your school, but that doesn't make you a fan, which is short for fanatic! have you never heard of a person getting a degree from 1 school, and being a FAN of another?

Great reply!***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:10 AM

Dec 25, 2012, 8:16 PM

I'd say aTm, but only because of Johnny Football. Morris is a better coordinator and I personally believe we have more talent. However, sometimes we fail to use it. We faced some solid defenses and put up huge numbers, although when it came to an SEC defense, we failed. That scares me. No matter what, I'll be there cheering on my Tigers next Monday!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M? TRUE TIGER

Dec 25, 2012, 9:14 PM

FAN "no matter what" chad Morris is going to install more ball control with more rushing, play action, less passing but occasional long ball for tds. The defense will get to play less minutes, and CLEMSON WINs with lower score than imagined. GO REAL TIGERS

Re: Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M? TRUE TIGER

Dec 25, 2012, 10:44 PM

LSU defense can play off their offense and at times, can even "hide" their offense for them...Clemson, there is just no hiding that defense...Clemson will not control the clock with "great" ball control...Haven't done it all year...Its get the ball and score ASAP! That theory will have our "horrific defense" on the field for LSU's pounding running game...Folks, you need to prepare urselves for the worst....This game will get lopsided in some point in the game...LSU by a huge margin..I said it the day the match ups came out and I am sticking to it...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I would have to say on the OL aTm may be better.

Dec 25, 2012, 9:46 PM

Your boys better bring it, cajun. We'll come to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I would have to say on the OL aTm may be better.

Dec 25, 2012, 11:30 PM

I am looking forward to it...
I think this game will be similar to our game against A&M...we must minimize the early damage while we are adjusting to your offense...then we'll just ball control, TOP, power run you guys until you wear down...
I think we'll win and the score will make the game seem closer than it was because we will dominate line play on both sides.

My take...

Dec 26, 2012, 12:21 AM

we'll need to be +2 in TOs to win. Have to take care of the ball, force you guys to throw it and come up with enough big plays on D.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: My take...

Dec 26, 2012, 7:48 AM

I would agree...we must take care of the ball...

Yes, yes we are.***

Dec 25, 2012, 10:24 PM

Dec 26, 2012, 1:02 AM

T am I'd say is a little better. However, I truly believe that if we can establish a run game and some pass protection, we can exploit the LSU secondary which is their weakness.

Boyd needs to be able to run sucessfully and if he rolls outside the pocket off play action, we've for these 2 guys named Nuk and Samny who are 2 of the best receivers in the country.

Let's not forget LSU only beat Auburn by 2 points, Ole Miss by 6 and Arkansas by 7. I will tell you this... Clemson's offense is far better than those opponents. Our defense must force 3 and outs or at least some... If we fail to not put points on the board it will be a repeat of SC...

I believe we will come out swinging and I think we'll pull off the upset!

LSU plays down to their competition...

Dec 26, 2012, 7:53 AM

I wouldn't put any hope into looking at some of our close wins like that gives you guys a better chance. It won't work with us. We give up a lot of late TDs after the game is virtually decided. We take no chances on offense and start playing prevent once we gain the lead.

Les is one of the best at getting his teams ready to play...

are you trying to convince me or yourself that les gets his

Dec 27, 2012, 4:25 AM

teams ready to play. from the outside looking in, it appears that les does the least, with the most, as much or more than any coach out there- if you can understand that.

Re: are you trying to convince me or yourself that les gets his

Dec 27, 2012, 9:09 AM

Really? You need quit listening to the rantards on TD...
He is 85-20 as the head coach at LSU.
He is 5-2 in bowl games.
He has 5 11 win seasons in the toughest conference, in the toughest division.
We rarely lose to teams we should beat...
Les is 3-3 against Bama...although one of those Ls was huge
People seem to forget that our road to any championship goes thru Bama, and even when we beat them, we are expected to beat them again...
I am confident in my coach and our program...

Interesting question, and I really don't know the answer;

Dec 26, 2012, 6:34 AM

however, I do know this: I've watched LSU on TV for many years due to the success and strength of their program. I know our match-up won't be a cakewalk...in fact, I believe LSU will be our most daunting opponent this year, because they have a long history of continual success, and whether folks like him or not, Les Miles is no dummy. That being said, I've, also, watched many games over the past 50 years wherein David rose and found a way to slay big, ole Goliath. I know what most prognosticators are saying...I know our level of success and failure this season. Therefore, the question is: can Clemson rise to the challenge? As for me, not once, ever in all the years have I conceded a game before it's played...and regardless of any and all arguments to the contrary, I have absolutely no intention of starting now!

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the most balanced

Dec 26, 2012, 10:37 AM

knowledgable post in the history of T-Net.

Maybe not, but we're better than Towson and Auburn.***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:08 AM

I wonder why he thinks Tex Am offense was better than

Dec 27, 2012, 1:36 AM

Ole Miss. The Rebels scored a ton of points on LSU.

I chose A&M as a comparison because I felt like

Dec 27, 2012, 8:36 AM

They closely resembled Clemson in offensive philosophy and scheme.
We had a bad outing on D against ole miss, doesn't mean we won't kick ya'll pseudo-physical ##### all over the field.

The good news is Clemson finally decided to have physical practices...I am sure those 15 days will totally change the mentality of your team...
Just the fact that this is considered reportable news should tell you the differences in the programs...

Good for you...

Dec 27, 2012, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Maybe not, but we're better than Towson and Auburn.*** ]

We are a much better team than we were when we played back then...

I wish some of you Clemson fans would watch the Towson LSU game...bringing this up makes you look very ignorant.
Also, any away win in the SEC conference can be tough...it's the byproduct of being in a tough conference...maybe one day you'll understand that...

No***

Dec 26, 2012, 11:27 AM

Dec 26, 2012, 3:13 PM

Our defense played much better than I expected against SCar. We held them to 27 points. For comparison, Ball State scored 27 points, FL State - 49, Boston College - 31, and NC State - 49. Compared to the season, our defense played as well or better than our defense has played all year. Recall they were on the field for 40 minutes.

Our offense has the skills and abilities to score a lot more points than they did against SCar. From the first, it was clear Boyd was not sharp, nor were the receivers. I have seen that in other games this year. The main reason we lost was our coaches did not adjust to SCar's offensive line. We played as if we could protect Boyd, when it was clear our O line could not give him a protected pocket. But we kept doing it. We abandoned the run and did not go to the pass plays that got the ball out quickly beyond the line of scrimmage. No one knows for sure how it would have affected the outcome, but I believe it would have been different.

Bottom line, if Boyd, Sammy, and Nuk are in their zone, and if the coaches will adjust and take what LSU's defense will give, we can put lot of points on the board.

Dec 26, 2012, 3:28 PM

Don't forget that was against South Carolina's back up running back and quarterback. Actually, the 3rd string running back played most of the 2nd half.

Dec 26, 2012, 3:33 PM

Clemson wasn't 100% healthy either, and maybe that is why our defense played better than expected. But our defense didn't lose that game for us, our offense did.

the qb was a coaches decision, don't come on here and

Dec 27, 2012, 4:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Clemson's Offense better than Texas A&M? ]

act like he was a savior or something. shaw was cleared to play! and the only rb that was hurt was latty, and that was a few games prior to ours. i guess you played the 5th string left tackle and the waterboy was the starting strong safety. and shouldn't you use the screen name gamecockgatorvoldoredog2cattidetigertripleaggierebel! ( at least i think that about covers all your favotite teams!)

Ya'll will probably beat us. Too bad you consistantly choke

Dec 27, 2012, 1:16 AM

against Bama. I usually pull for you guys to beat Bama. The potential is there for you guys to humiliate us in the fashion that Alabama humiliated you in the BCS Championship game last year.

Is this what you are?

Dec 27, 2012, 1:42 AM

ignorant, lazy, simple-minded and illiterate. But on their part, since they remained unassimilated, the Cajuns managed to act in precisely the same manners as they did before the war. Like most of the Southerners, they loved parties, games, playing cards, and communal get-togethers. But unlike the Americans, the Cajuns continued to work at their own slow paces, which is a work ethic that stands in complete contrast to the modern American idea of work and progress.

Cajuns were described as dreamers and idlers; someone who would rather dream away that actually get to working. The Cajun who overworked was considered to be a rare gemstone and most of them were considered to be mere squatters. Southerners on the whole, did not think much of the Cajun people and their culture because their values greatly negated the close-knit American values of wealth and progress. The Cajuns on the other hand did not respect the American values including the standards regarding education. They were one class of people who completely reveled in being illiterate and this attitude of theirs concerning education posed as another strong reason as to why the Americans looked down on them as 'poor stupid souls'

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic