Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is 66% a lot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 961

Is 66% a lot?

May 8, 2020, 12:49 PM

"About 66% of NY coronavirus cases say they got COVID-19 following lockdown rules. How?

New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. The state has been shut down for six weeks, yet more than 20,000 people are still receiving positive test results each week, according to official counts.

Now, state Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that 66% of new hospitalizations are from people who say they have been locked in their homes, according to CNBC.

Admissions from nursing homes rang in second, making up 18% of the total, Cuomo said Wednesday at his daily briefing."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242547366.html

I suspect this is about shopping for esscentials. So the solution is have DHEC order high uv lights in public places which shine only on the upper parts of the space so as not to harm shoppers, workers and others entering those spaces. This is part of how we defend against the next Chinese plague, imo. I think we're going to learn that this will be a good investment for our health sake.

https://www.americanairandwater.com/uv-facts/UV-for-TB-control.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's because they are lying that they stayed home***

May 8, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's because they are lying that they stayed home***

May 8, 2020, 12:58 PM

Exactly. Nobody never goes out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean I live right outside Manhattan living in a condo

May 8, 2020, 1:04 PM

I don't leave my place very much but I wouldn't say I don't leave. I go for walks/bike rides and such. Its still pretty barren outside my window for most of the day. In our town of ~45,000 people, we only have 525 total cases and 23 deaths. I do know one person that died this week that lives on my block, which is sad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I mean I live right outside Manhattan living in a condo

May 8, 2020, 1:09 PM

Do you get everything else delivered? Thats probably pretty common there even before the virus.

Negative - my wife works for the power company so she's

May 8, 2020, 1:12 PM

still going to work - so she's our shopper in the family. I haven't been to a grocery store in over two months. Only place I've really been to is to Connecticut to pickup beers from a friend and to Brooklyn to get beers from Other Half.

Yep, out shopping for essentials, pumping gas, opening the door to

May 8, 2020, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: It's because they are lying that they stayed home*** ]

a convenience store, opening the door to your apartment complex, and many other ways people can catch it while still “following the rules.”

May 8, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: It's because they are lying that they stayed home*** ]

User Logo
Carlsbad®
Ring of Honor [31729]
TigerPulse: 100%
Re: It's because they are lying that they stayed home*** [1]
Posted: May 8, 2020 12:58 PM

Exactly. Nobody never goes out.

lmfao at you snowflakes. here is an idea. keep your mask on and stay in moms basement till every germ is eradicated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2020, 8:27 AM

Huh?

They also think hanging out in the lobby of their

May 8, 2020, 12:59 PM

hi rise apartment building with all their friends is staying at home. “I never left the building”

Lockdown in NYC is a whole different animal than in a house in SC.

Not sure if it's a lot.

May 8, 2020, 1:05 PM

Some % is going to work at essential businesses, and some people staying home will still occasionally catch the virus as a result of whatever interactions.

Here are some really good illustrations of the benefit of lockdown. It's not about ending the spread, only slowing it to a crawl. People in lockdown still get it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

I bet if you asked my VRBO neighbors from NY if they home

May 8, 2020, 1:34 PM

quarantined, they'd say yes. I know differently as they are right out side the window in the office I work in every day, and I hear them leave the house multiple times everyday.

They've been back to NY/NJ at least once since they have been there a month and 1/2. They brought back the wife/girlfriend/baby mamma back last week in a different car.

Last week, I heard the dude outside hacking coughing like he had TB, then this morning I heard the mom on the front porch also hacking like she had pneumonia. My guess is they all have the 'rona, and haven't stayed in that house a full day yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people get it from the air.

May 8, 2020, 2:32 PM

It's the hallmark of the most contagious viruses. And this one is up there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most people get it from the air.

May 8, 2020, 3:15 PM

I had no doubt that the virus could stay airborne for hours in a closed space after someone infected coughed or sneezed. It also remains viable on surfaces for hours. The studies are science, not speculations.

Thus my UV link which show how to disinfects air in closed spaces without harming humans. The virus is diluted in open spaces so parks, beaches and sidewalks aren't nearly as dangerous. The summer months give us time to prepare for the next time.

All scientific data suggest this virus is going to run its course no matter what we do or how we try to stop it. It is just not possible. With fears that the virus may strike again in late fall and winter months this year and the fact that we aren't going to develop a vaccine before then we need to start now instead of waiting until we're in the middle of another epidemic and having to shut the economy down again.

We need those UV lights in every business. It's going to cost a lot but business and factories which want to continue business as usual need to be looking for a solution before this bites them in the butt again.

You think?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet if you asked my VRBO neighbors from NY if they home

May 10, 2020, 12:03 AM [ in reply to I bet if you asked my VRBO neighbors from NY if they home ]

I haven't seen anything in print that says the viral load needed to infect can amass in lung exhalation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is 66% a lot?

May 8, 2020, 11:25 PM

Stuck indoors, where air quality is lowest.
Staring at a TV promoting fear nonstop and creating emotional stress.
Zero exposure to UV sunlight because you’re stuck indoors.
Inactivity, lack of exercise.
Economic/financial stress.
Being constantly reminded that “This is the new normal” (your predicament is permanent).

Can’t imagine a better set of immunosuppressive conditions to maximize the probability of getting sick.

They can’t even walk their dog without being exposed

May 9, 2020, 6:45 AM

Most nyc folks live in high rises. Just using the elevator can expose them to 500 different people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're just shilling for LbB's newest corporate division...***

May 10, 2020, 8:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine high UV lights shining across the upper levels...

May 10, 2020, 11:14 AM

of every public building in America. They could be installed in air handlers too. Companies would save enough in one year to pay for the lights, installation and electricity from employees not missing work and lower health insurance cost.

I have no idea why this concept isn't catching like wildfire.

Again, it's no mystery why NYC got hit so hard... it checks

May 10, 2020, 11:48 AM

all the boxes. Population density, packed like sardines. Highrise apts & offices, the door handles & elevator buttons have been touched by a gazillion people. Subways & trains packed. Vitamin D (crucial for a good immune system) deficiencies, as the best source is sunlight... a city park is about their only option to get out and about and cop some rays. Hello petri dish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 19
| visibility 961
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic