Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson's NCAA Chances Take Huge Hit With Loss To Seminoles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Mar 8, 2007, 2:30 PM

Late turnover, controversial call at end dooms Tigers in game's final seconds. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, water is wet

Mar 8, 2007, 2:30 PM

(please, no bannation...)

must have rained...***

Mar 8, 2007, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"This thing that I call living is just being satisfied knowing that I've got no one left to blame." Gordon Lightfoot

it did- on our parade

Mar 8, 2007, 2:47 PM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can someone please tell me....

Mar 8, 2007, 2:42 PM

...why we thought we'd do something good at the tourney? We almost never have. They could play it on Mars and we'd still play lousey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be realistic

Mar 8, 2007, 3:58 PM

granted had we made one shot in the last 3:54 we would have won the game by 1 point all other factors being equal. but the the bullcrap calls by these refs are just attrocious. it is phenomenol that a ref is going to take the game into his own hands with 1.5 seconds left and call a foul. you DO NOT call a foul with 10 less than 10 seconds to go in a game unless it is just blatent. there were several occasions today where the refs made a call and the commentators on tv totally disagreed. we did not play poorly. unfortuately, same old song, we could not close out the game, but it is sad that FSU won on a poor call. there was no foul!

wahh wahh, cry me a river. Clemson sounds like a bunch

Mar 8, 2007, 8:10 PM

of freaking crybabies. Our constant blaming of the refs makes us look worse than the coots. Truth is, if we would make FT's and hit FG's down the stretch, we wouldn't have lost by one point.

Get real

Mar 9, 2007, 12:10 AM

Our team played their hearts out today, and should not have lost on a bad call. Every non Clemson fan that I have spoke with today, even a couple of diehard coots agree. Yeah, we may have missed some free throws down the stretch, but the fact of the matter is, we were still in position to take the game to overtime, but we didn't because of a horrible call. I don't care if we committed 50 turnovers, and went 0/60 from the free throw line. If we were still in position to take it to overtime, then the refs should not have a say so in the outcome of a game.

Re: wahh wahh, cry me a river. Clemson sounds like a bunch

Mar 9, 2007, 3:54 PM [ in reply to wahh wahh, cry me a river. Clemson sounds like a bunch ]

Why is it that Duke, UVa, and GaT can beat Clemson win with poor officiating, but CU can't beat FSU?

Here's why: (after 40 yrs of watching this crap)
1. the conf is for and about UNC (that's all sports)
2. what they don't get in basketball, goes to Duke
3. Wake and State being NC teams are next in the pecking order
4. then UVa and (now) VaT (they have something on Swofford) I guess; revu the last 2 years of VaT fball schedules
5. then there's that group of others (GaT, UMd, Miami, FSU, BC)
6. then there's Clemson -- doesn't deserve a fair break per Swofford (see fball scheds) or Barakat (head of ACC officials) -- otherwise, we'd not have to play games with officials that stole games from us this year (1st Duke game, UVa game, GaT in Atl, Wake (24 FT vs 12 for Clemson)
Happens every year. This year was just a little more blatant.

you conspiracy theorists crack me up. The refs didn't

Mar 9, 2007, 9:34 PM

make us go on a 3 minute dry spell against FSU. The refs aren't the reason we set an record for the worst free throw shooting in acc history.

I agree the refs have fudged a few times this year, but what about how they helped us against VT? The bball team has played tough in all of their games, just not always for the entire game. I believe we just aren't that good of a team, the 17-0 start gave us confidence in a team that isn't/wasn't as good as we thought.

spoken like a true fairweather fan***

Mar 10, 2007, 8:27 AM [ in reply to wahh wahh, cry me a river. Clemson sounds like a bunch ]

saying that blaming the refs is babyish, and cootish means

Mar 11, 2007, 10:54 PM

I'm a fair weather fan? Nice assessment there, Cheech!

Re: Clemson's NCAA Chances Take Huge Hit With Loss To Semino

Mar 9, 2007, 3:20 AM

Clemson atheletics the epitome of mediocrity

Yea, Clemson did have their NCAA destiny in their hands....

Mar 9, 2007, 3:20 AM

and they let the Noles back in it. We shouldn't have let them back in the game. Since when have we gotten favorable calls anyway?

Irony

Mar 10, 2007, 5:44 PM

The irony is, that the refs didn't call that many fouls in the game, yet made an unnecessary call at the end, when everyone always says you should let them play. Since when have you seen a game with so few fouls called? After all the over-the-back non-calls at the other end (one reason why we didn't score in the last few minutes), they call a foul that they had not come close to calling the rest of the game. But what's new?

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic