Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Irish fan introduction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 98
| visibility 1

Irish fan introduction

Sep 22, 2015, 9:34 AM

I am an Irish fan who is coming down to Clemson from Chicago in two weeks. I hear Clemson is a great place to see a game (and sundresses) and suspect the next two weeks is going to go by really slowly as I look forward to this game.

I figured in the meantime I would come over here for some game discussion. I hope that is cool. If you guys don't want the enemy around I understand.

Let me know if you have any questions about the Irish. I follow the team a little too closely so I have a lot of opinions about strengths and weaknesses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome....***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:35 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will you guys be bringing our pot'O'gold with you?

Sep 22, 2015, 9:39 AM

That's what we win right? I don't want know rainbows though!!! ??
Bring some redhead Irish hotties with & we'll trade them maybe for some sundresses ??

TIA! (tigernet for: thanks in advance)

Go Tigers!!!!

Re: Will you guys be bringing our pot'O'gold with you?

Sep 22, 2015, 10:22 AM

We don't have a pot of gold but we do have a lot of red heads.

watchout for

Sep 22, 2015, 9:36 AM

the clique

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Irish fan introduction

Sep 22, 2015, 9:36 AM

Welcome but good luck

Welcome to TigerNet ChIrish!

Sep 22, 2015, 9:38 AM

you'll get along fine here as long as you bring a sense of humor and a BS/sarcasm detector. The day shift is much different than the night shift, but most posters here enjoy the Tigers and good discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope the Tiger fans are hospitible and hope you have a

Sep 22, 2015, 9:41 AM

good pre-game experience. I hope you return to Chicago after seeing a Tiger rout of the Irish.

Go Tigers, rout the Irish.

You keep your ### eyes off our

Sep 22, 2015, 9:46 AM

Sundresses!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd that!***

Sep 22, 2015, 1:04 PM

Probably won't see many -- night game and it's getting cool

Sep 22, 2015, 2:13 PM [ in reply to You keep your ### eyes off our ]

Standby for boots though!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wear a sundress to games?

Sep 23, 2015, 4:35 AM [ in reply to You keep your ### eyes off our ]

pics

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the party, pal!

Sep 22, 2015, 9:46 AM

It's gonna be a fun couple of weeks....

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 9:50 AM

Welcome!

We try hard to make tailgating and our game-day a great experience for everyone, so thanks for the compliments. (FYI- been to a Clemson home game this year and was astounded at how far the quality of the sun-dress crowd had fallen since I graduated in "96". Not sure if it's just millennial's being fat and out of shape, or a different type of student body).

ND seems to have weathered some serous injuries this year. In the past these sort of injuries would have destroyed your team (we have injuries of our own...but I digress). Do you think beating GT was a sign that ND can win from here on out? Or, will they eventually cost you a game or two down the line? Too me, it looks like ND has finally recruited quality depth. What's your opinion?

Have a safe trip to Clemson, have fun and come back soon!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where in the hell do you park at?***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brooks lot

Sep 22, 2015, 11:18 AM

..then made our way through campus and ended up hanging out at Esso Club for a bit. Maybe it was just an "off" day, but me and my buddy were like "what's going on here"?

Re: Brooks lot

Sep 22, 2015, 11:27 AM

Swing by Friar's. Also doesn't help that fraternity tailgates have been off-campus since the GT game a couple years ago

Sep 22, 2015, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

I think they can win here on out (in theory) with the talent they have. The injuries have to stop though.

On offense, the offensive line is fantastic and will make running backs look good. On top of that Prosise is running very well, he is big and fast. The outside skill talent is deep and fast. Fuller is obviously the star but wr goes 8 deep with guys who could really do some damage.

A loss of Prosise would be a killer as we only have true freshman after him. We have already lost our two top running backs from last year. Also, a loss of Kizer would leave us starting a true freshman, who is very talented, but would obviously limit us.

Red zone conversion is a weakness to watch in the Irish offense during the Clemson game. During the entire Kelly tenure the Irish have been weak in the red zone. It causes games to be closer then they should. This was not a problem against Texas but was a major problem against Virginia as well as GT. ND could have had both teams blown out by halftime. It obviously almost cost them against VA. ND will need to convert red zone appearances into TDs to beat Clemson.

On Defense, the linebackers are the key. They are fast and talented with Jaylon Smith being the star. The defensive line has great frontline talent in Day and Rochelle, but undeveloped youth behind them. We already lost our nose tackle during fall camp and a loss of either Day or Rochelle would be a killer. Jerry Tillery, true freshman out of Louisiana, appears to be developing into a beast. Safety is getting really thin and we just lost another on Saturday for the year. Thus, the loss of another would be very problematic.

The defensive backfield has been bizarre so far this year. The corners are experienced and talented. However, they played horribly against VA. If they continue to look clueless Clemson could potentially do some damage through the air.

Thus, this is a very talented team that could win all of its games. The pace of experiencing one season ending injury a game has to stop, though. Our stretch of Clemson, Navy, USC is a tough one. If the Irish can somehow escape that, then people will be very excited. Obviously, a long way before that though.

Re: Prosise

Sep 22, 2015, 10:25 AM

Good stuff there. Do you think Prosise will have the ability to continue taking a beating as the feature back game after game? I like his explosiveness but he takes some huge hits and runs straight upright, and each big hit seems result in him getting up a litttttle bit slower. Another question - in what aspects of the passing game have your corners shown weakness? For whatever reason, we've had trouble connecting on the deep ball this year, but there's been success as always on screens and our limited number of intermediate routes. If 5* freshman Deon Cain continues his development, we could see some contribution in the deep passing game from him.

Re: Prosise

Sep 22, 2015, 10:52 AM

Your Prosise question is a hot topic among Irish fans right now. I don't know. They need to get the talented freshman in the mix though so we don't have to find out.

Regarding the secondary, see my response to the post below about the secondary.

Sep 22, 2015, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 22, 2015, 10:59 AM

Wow, you really don't like to read do you?

I read a lot, I just prefer not to read about

Sep 22, 2015, 11:02 AM

a bunch of azzhats from South Bend with a purple-faced coach. Hth

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You're in a mood today***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:03 AM

Too much time in between games is not healthy

Sep 22, 2015, 11:06 AM

Influx of ND garbage just makes it worse.

one person's trash...

Sep 22, 2015, 11:14 AM

maybe bob invited them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame Crump***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:17 AM

you won't get an argument from me... i bet Grump takes

Sep 22, 2015, 11:18 AM

the Irish & the points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I were Crump, and thank Dabo I'm not because

Sep 22, 2015, 11:21 AM

miserable, then I would force anyone registering with a ND handle to donate in order to be approved.

If Grump played with a straight deck, which he doesn't...

Sep 22, 2015, 11:26 AM

he'd post a congratulatory message honoring your 25,000th post accomplishment with a heart-felt & sincere thanks for this unique, reasonable & intelligent idea.

waiting...

If he'd give me a few minutes with a copy of the

Sep 22, 2015, 11:31 AM

tnet business plan, he'd be able to retire in a couple years. Then everyone would be happier.

I'd gladly pitch in for his retirement party. It's the

Sep 22, 2015, 11:37 AM

least I could do.

So you do corporate espionage...? Grump beware.....***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:54 AM [ in reply to If he'd give me a few minutes with a copy of the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but I know how tnet could make money***

Sep 22, 2015, 12:04 PM

If you are worried about Navy, next Saturday will be fun--

Sep 22, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

FOR ME !!

And 80,000 others inside and probably 30,000 watching in the lots

Re: If you are worried about Navy, next Saturday will be fun--

Sep 22, 2015, 10:55 AM

Its not that we are worried about navy, its that navy kicks their opponents #####. The week after teams play navy, they tend to loss. A big example of this is OSU last year. They started the season with navy last year and then played like crap against Virginia Tech, causing them to loss their next game. In our situation, we have USC the week after navy, won't be a fun opponent they week after having a bunch of midshipment cut blocking you and generally beating the crap out of you.

"The week after teams play navy, they tend to loss."

Sep 22, 2015, 11:04 AM

What? Hey wait a minute here...what year did you graduate from Notre Dame?

Re: If you are worried about Navy, next Saturday will be fun--

Sep 22, 2015, 11:24 AM [ in reply to If you are worried about Navy, next Saturday will be fun-- ]

There'll likely be at least 225,000 in town for this game. 2013 FSU had over 250,000. Downtown will be absolutely packed during the game, I'd imagine

Sep 22, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

Thanks for the info. ND (and Clemson) has the potential to win out, but I originally wasn't nearly as concerned about ND as I am now. After the GT game I became concerned. I did not think ND would beat GT, much less win easily.

Clemson will have their hands full. The passing game will be key if we are going to come out with a win. Coming into the season figured it would be mid October-November before Clemson's offense was operating at full-tilt, but the passing game has been disappointing. The next 2 games will tell us a lot about the rest of the season, and our new Co-Offensive Coordinators.

Safe travels.

Navy is tough, but at least you don't have to play

Sep 22, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

App State.

~Mackey

I don't know where you're tailgating, but where I have

Sep 22, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

been the sundresses have been prime. Granted I am tailgating with all students and lots of them.

ROH

Welcome. Time for the Orange and the Green.

Sep 22, 2015, 9:56 AM

My mom's family is from Ireland. Love Ireland. My dad's family is from SC by way of England. Love SC. Love Clemson Orange. So this is appropriate. Stop by for some beers. Most all will offer. I will have some Guinness.

Oh, it is the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen.
My father, he was Orange and me mother, she was green.

My father was an Ulster man, proud Protestant was he.
My mother was a Catholic girl, from county Cork was she.
They were married in two churches, lived happily enough,
Until the day that I was born and things got rather tough.

Baptized by Father Riley, I was rushed away by car,
To be made a little Orangeman, my father's shining star.
I was christened "David Anthony," but still, inspite of that,
To me father, I was William, while my mother called me Pat.

With Mother every Sunday, to Mass I'd proudly stroll.
Then after that, the Orange lodge would try to save my soul.
For both sides tried to claim me, but i was smart because
I'd play the flute or play the harp, depending where I was.

Now when I'd sing those rebel songs, much to me mother's joy,
Me father would jump up and say, "Look here would you me boy.
That's quite enough of that lot", he'd then toss me a coin
And he'd have me sing the Orange Flute or the Heros of The Boyne

One day me Ma's relations came round to visit me.
Just as my father's kinfolk were all sitting down to tea.
We tried to smooth things over, but they all began to fight.
And me, being strictly neutral, I bashed everyone in sight.

My parents never could agree about my type of school.
My learning was all done at home, that's why I'm such a fool.
They've both passed on, God rest 'em, but left me caught between
That awful color problem of the Orange and the Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqs4EbU02As

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Message was edited by: AThomas®

There's a great tradition for visiting fans

Sep 22, 2015, 9:57 AM

to throw the football around in Lot 1.

Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary***

You can say that again!***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:58 AM

Re: Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary*** ]

The secondary was a mystery even before the safety injury. The corners are experienced and athletic with Russell projected as a first round pick. However, they looked clueless against VA. The QB that day repeatedly launched ducks under pressure that would some how land in the hands of a VA WR. So many balls that day were asking to be picked and they couldn't stop any of them. The VA QB was really the only competent pro style passer we have faced this year so it will be interesting to see if that was just a bad day or a bigger trend that Clemson can exploit. We will get a small glimps this weekend as UMass throws a lot.

Redfield and Shumate, the safeties, were huge recruits and are upper classmen but neither has set the world on fire yet. The safety we lost last weekend was the second we have lost so far so safety depth is getting scary.

Sep 22, 2015, 10:37 AM

Sep 22, 2015, 10:50 AM

Haha, whatever man. My analysis is awesome. I'll enjoy it if the rest of you won't.

Sep 22, 2015, 11:11 AM

Now, analyze that versus 3 opponents of ours

Sep 22, 2015, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary*** ]

being stoned for 10 pts.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Now, analyze that versus 3 opponents of ours

Sep 22, 2015, 1:55 PM

remind me who you have played

that safety who's out wasn't name Peters was he?***

Sep 22, 2015, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question - With safety out, what's your take on ND secondary***

Welcome Leprechaun

Sep 22, 2015, 9:59 AM

Enjoy your visit to God's country

We love our football

Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet!

Sep 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

Some suggestions when you come to Tiger Town:

-Be sure to stop in at Mac's, wear your green and ask for one of their world famous milkshakes

-We are hospitable to visitors and we have a great sense of humor, so fly a University of South Carolina flag at your tailgate and you'll be sure to get a lot of friendly laughs and probably some free beers

-Enjoy seeing the sundresses, and feel free to call out to our beautiful Clemson women, most southern gentlemen get a kick out of seeing that and will be flattered you noticed

-One of the best tailgating lots is at Kite Hill and just a short walk to the stadium, I highly recommend it

-Traffic can be challenging but one short cut to get to Clemson is to take I-85 down to exit 19B, you'll most likely cruise to campus without any delay

-We're famous for our stadium entrance when our players run down the hill, but did you know you can also watch the game from the hill? You should try to get there early to get your spot there and watch the game from that vantage point, no matter where your seats are.

-Also, open containers are fine on campus when tailgating, and one thing most visitors are surprised about is you can also take them downtown to visit our shops and get a feel for downtown Clemson, so don't be shy about that.

Enjoy your trip, I hope everything goes well for you except for the scoreboard!

78Domer be all like #####?***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:05 AM

Re: 78Domer be all like #####?***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:07 AM

Re: 78Domer be all like #####?******

Sep 22, 2015, 10:09 AM [ in reply to 78Domer be all like #####?*** ]

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet!***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet!

Sep 22, 2015, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

You're what kids these days refer to as a "savage."

I hope you have your sarcasm meter on high for this one ^^^^***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Short cut recommendation only works 2-3 hours before kickoff

Sep 22, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

Should have mentioned the traffic backed up to exit 21 is just a smoke screen

Wow, great post. Even though I am a Clemson fan, I think

Sep 22, 2015, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

I'll dress up as a ND fan, just to enjoy some of the benefits you mentioned.

TIA again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Somebody has the issues.....................***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems legit***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Welcome! We're happy to have you here at tnet! ]

You came to the wrong place to talk football. Now if you

Sep 22, 2015, 10:17 AM

like sarcasm, wit and meaningless banter...you hit the jackpot!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Welcome!.........................

Sep 22, 2015, 10:24 AM

Chicago is a cool town!

In fact, Chicago is such a cool town that

Sep 22, 2015, 10:28 AM

ChIrish should just consider staying there

Re: In fact, Chicago is such a cool town that

Sep 22, 2015, 10:32 AM

Too much money already spent. Got to make the trip to Clemson.

gwp means well, but her aim is poor at times...***

Sep 22, 2015, 10:41 AM

dsp be all

Sep 22, 2015, 10:46 AM

Re: dsp be all

Sep 22, 2015, 10:58 AM

photo BmetBvRIYAEVKxC_zpsyk6rioho.jpg

####, have a drink n chill bro... wanna pet my crab?

Glad you didn't pluralize?***

Sep 22, 2015, 1:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Welcome to the site. I am really looking forward to this

Sep 22, 2015, 10:37 AM

game. What can you tell us to look out for on offense and defense?

I has kwestchuns n' komints

Sep 22, 2015, 10:44 AM

I have watched your games so far and I can't figure out how you don't score 50 on everybody. You should have a fullback and just line up and pulverize teams then play-action over the top to #7. The OL is a salty bunch.

Prosise runs more like a spread rb, he is shifty and fast but needs to get behind his pads more. (Our guy Gallman ran like him a lot last year, but is punishing defenders this year.) Still, him slipping through a gap and going for big yards scares me a bit.

That all being said, I think your offense plays into the strengths of our defense. We stop the run really well. Based

So, my question for you is, Do you plan to wear green or Navy blue when you come to the game?

Re: I has kwestchuns n' komints

Sep 22, 2015, 11:00 AM

I wear green to away games. Stands out more.

Re: Opinions matter here at Tigernet and we welcome

Sep 22, 2015, 10:53 AM

yours. Lets star with your input on the App St / BC discussion. Is it your opinion App St is better than BC?

Up next, dippin dots and upper decks

Just a heads up, we don't call our opponents "the enemy" ...

Sep 22, 2015, 10:59 AM

... that phrase is used by the chicken farmer down the road.

But he is getting old and senile, so what can you do.

We welcome our opponents and enjoy our time with them before, during, and after the contest.

So, welcome!

Warning!

Sep 22, 2015, 11:10 AM

We have every intention of messing with your Lucky Charms!

Why can't Jeff Samardzija be a remotely consistent

Sep 22, 2015, 11:11 AM

pitcher? He is either Cy Young worthy or gives up 4-6 runs in one inning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A/S/L?***

Sep 22, 2015, 11:24 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 11:35 AM

I've been wondering about this- how did Notre dame fans feel about Malik zaires "we could play them on the moon" comment? And although its gonna be kizer instead, are there any worries about him coming into an environment as hostile as ours for his first real away game as a starter?

Sep 22, 2015, 2:00 PM

Kizer seems pretty calm. I am less concerned about it because he has such a good offensive line and experienced skill talent around him. Kizer doesn't have to win the game. If he did, I would be more concerned about the environment.

I think Clemson will be one of the best but ND deals with a lot of hostile environments. Crowds get pretty hyped up for ND. Thus, there is a lot of experience with wild crowds among the team.

Having said that, Kelly started out at ND as a road warrior but has struggled recently. Kelly's teams tend to get up for big games though so I suspect the Irish will play well, as they did a few years ago at Oklahoma and last year against FSU (though the refs stole the game).

Sep 22, 2015, 2:01 PM

also, our home crowd can be pretty intense and critical so I sometimes feel that the Irish actually appear looser on the road.

what hostile environments have the current ND players seen?

Sep 22, 2015, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Irish fan introduction ]

Starting in 2011 and through next week?

I could be overlooking something, but I see 1 on your schedule....FSU.

lol if you think any current players have ever played in anything like it. You'll see.

Sep 22, 2015, 11:39 AM

Best thing to do is leave your feelings at the door, if you do you'll be just fine.

Yes, I have some questions about the Irish...TIA

Sep 22, 2015, 12:30 PM

1) What's with the pasty skin?
2) Why isn't your school in Boston? Indiana? Irish? For real?
3) George O'leary----still LOL'ing. No question, just a statement.
4) Sinead O'Connor....owned or disowned?

In exchange for the help...here's a tip. When you get to Clemson, you've GOTTA try Mac's drive in. Wear all your Green and Gold---visiting teams are always welcome. Ask for Ted and have your whole party get a milkshake.....also be sure to get extra refills of sweet tea.

Enjoy the game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I have some questions about the Irish...TIA

Sep 22, 2015, 2:05 PM

Boston isn't the only place with Irish-Americans. Chicago has a huge irish population. The school attracted, and continues to attract, a lot of those people for its students. Also, when the Big 10 wouldn't allow ND to join in the early twentieth century ND was forced to play games all over the country, and played a lot of games in NY, which they still do. As a result, ND developed a huge fan base among east coast irish catholics, as well as Italians, polish and anyone else who wants to join.

Sep 22, 2015, 2:10 PM

And the pasty skin is due to the fact that Ireland is overcast about 98% of the time.

Sep 22, 2015, 2:11 PM

and thanks for the suggestion. I can't wait for this trip

WELCOME!!!!!

Sep 22, 2015, 12:38 PM

:D

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about the game

Sep 22, 2015, 1:13 PM

ChIrish welcome and I think you'll love the atmosphere here. I hope to make it to South Bend one day.
About the game. I've felt confident all summer that Clemson would shine in this game. However after seeing our line play last Thursday, and seeing how you guys man handled GT, I'm now worried about this game. Even with your injuries your still a dang good team. I had GT being a top ten team by years end. And I thought they would eat ND for breakfast. But you guys proved me wrong. Should be a good game.

Can you get the enemy out of the White House and

Sep 22, 2015, 1:15 PM

take him back to Chicago for us?

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 22, 2015, 2:16 PM

Welcome and just know you are coming to a very special place. For me I have always called Clemson "God's Country", it's that special. The tailgate is awesome as are most of the fans. Every fanbase has a few jerks so beware. My son in law for some unknown reason is a ND fan do I hear a lot about Irish football. I think it is because he is about the size of a leprechaun. Enjoy your stay hear and enjoy the valley, no place else quite like it. Go Tigers!!!!

please spend all your monies

Sep 22, 2015, 2:19 PM

And quickly return back to Yankee land. And never move here. We don't want you carpetbaggers.

But while you're here. Welcome. I guess.

What are your thoughts on Notre Dame ever joining ACC

Sep 22, 2015, 2:31 PM

as football member

Hope you have a great time...remember last time

Sep 22, 2015, 2:58 PM

"Devine will whine in '79"

Clemson 16-10

Hope you win all the rest of your games after visiting DV

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Sep 23, 2015, 12:37 AM

Welcome. I am sure you will find most of the fans to be quite gracious and welcoming. The rest... well we all have those few in a fan base.

Sep 23, 2015, 8:13 AM

I hope you wil have a safe and pleasant trip and return believing you experienced an event which surpassed your greatest expectations while still seeing your opponent successful. As for sundresses, you might be confusing us with your upcoming vs USC. not too many guys here will be wearing sun dresses.

Replies: 98
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic