Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay National Championship Ticket Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Iptay National Championship Ticket Question

Jan 1, 2017, 4:22 PM

Does anyone know when confirmation for Iptay tickets will go out? I don't have many Iptay points, but made my request before the deadline. According to the email that went out a little over a week ago, anyone that requested ticket would have their order partially filled. I requested 2 but not sure if I should be looking on the secondary market yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay National Championship Ticket Question

Jan 1, 2017, 4:27 PM

if you requested 2, you got two. The email seemed very clear IMO. Every single person who requested tickets got them.

Everyone who pre-ordered got tickets, but many will not

Jan 1, 2017, 5:40 PM

get the number they requested. OP only requested 2, so he should be safe. I know people who ordered 15+ and they won't get them all.

Exactly !!!!***

Jan 1, 2017, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

FYI..."no orders will be cancelled in full"

Jan 1, 2017, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Everyone who pre-ordered got tickets, but many will not ]

Thank you for submitting a request for tickets to the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship game. The Clemson Athletic Ticket Office and IPTAY have assessed the number of requests and will be filling orders based on the criteria listed below. At this time, ticket orders cannot be modified.

If Clemson participates in the CFP National Championship game, IPTAY members with the following point values will have their orders filled with the number of tickets requested so long as it does not exceed the following maximum ticket quantities. If the requested number was in excess of the following maximum quantities, the order will be reduced to the quantity listed below.

1,000+ priority points – no more than 14 tickets
500-999 priority points – no more than 12 tickets
250-499 priority points – no more than 10 tickets
100-249 priority points – no more than 8 tickets
40-99 priority points – no more than 4 tickets
1-39 priority points – no more than 2 tickets

No ticket orders will be canceled in full. Every IPTAY member who made a request by the Dec. 19th deadline will have an opportunity to receive tickets for the National Championship game. We will not be taking any additional requests for tickets. With this allocation model, Clemson has sold out of their ticket allotment.

All seats will be allocated based on IPTAY priority points. Once a seating area is full, orders will be adjusted to the next available seating area. Your credit card will be charged Monday, Jan. 2nd only if Clemson earns a berth in the National Championship game with a win in the Fiesta Bowl.

We thank you for your patience and your continued support of Clemson Athletics and IPTAY. The IPTAY and Athletic Ticket Offices will be closed Dec. 26 – Dec. 30 and will reopen Monday, Jan. 2nd at 8 a.m.
Owen Godfrey
Assistant Athletic Director for Ticket Operations/Sales
Clemson Athletic Ticket Office

Re: FYI..."no orders will be cancelled in full"

Jan 1, 2017, 6:03 PM

Yep, that's the email. I have a sister in law that waa trying to tell me I didn't have enough points and I read her this email. She told me not to be surprised if I didn't get any.

Re: FYI..."no orders will be cancelled in full"

Jan 1, 2017, 7:43 PM

I'm sorry, this is the last email I received.

Thank you for submitting a request for tickets to the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship game. As we work to quickly finalize the details, we wanted to provide an update on the ticketing process.

IPTAY members submitted 21,800 total ticket requests prior to our Dec. 19 deadline, and participating teams receive a total of 20,000 tickets for the entire institution. After accounting for band seating, student allotment, student-athlete families, coaches and staff, we’re anticipating approximately 17,500 available for purchase.

As such, Clemson Athletics and IPTAY are currently working to set ticket quantity limits and a seating priority plan to ensure equitable allocation to as many of our supportive members as possible.

We’re making every effort to fulfill IPTAY members’ requests as best as possible, and we are confident every IPTAY member who requested tickets prior to the Dec. 19 deadline will have their order – at least partially, if not fully – filled for the National Championship game if we advance to play in Tampa.

Further communication will be sent via email as soon as additional details are available.

We thank you for your patience and your continued support of Clemson Athletics and IPTAY, and anyone with questions may contact the Clemson Athletic Ticket Office at cutixonline@clemson.edu or at 1-800-CLEMSON Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The IPTAY and Athletic Ticket Offices will be closed Dec. 26 – Dec. 30.

I did not receive the email shown above stating that no orders will be cancelled. Looks like I missed the boat.

That's not exactly what the e-mail said....

Jan 1, 2017, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay National Championship Ticket Question ]

It said IPTAY was confident they would be able to fill every ticket request at least in part.

In other words, if you requested 16 tickets and your IPTAY priority only permits you to purchase 8, you're only going to get 8 (at most).

In order to accommodate more people, you may only get 4 to 6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: That's not exactly what the e-mail said....

Jan 2, 2017, 1:01 AM

it is what the email said. if you requested tickets you are getting tickets.

Now, it said more than that as you noted.

So, if you ordered 10, you might only get 4 or 8 but chances are you were just going to broker some anyway.

I think the email said 21,800 requests and figure they'll have about 18,000 so about 85% of requests will be honored.

Throw out the people with very few priority points who requested 20-200 and you can get to 18,000 pretty quickly.

Jan 1, 2017, 5:07 PM

Bump for anyone in the know.

Email said cards will be charged in Monday, January 2nd.***

Jan 1, 2017, 5:31 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay National Championship Ticket Question***

Jan 1, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay National Championship Ticket Question ]

Jan 1, 2017, 10:21 PM

Emails were sent out yesterday. I got mine after fiesta Bowl while in airport, but think it came before the game was over . I logged into our IPTAY account and saw what they were charging me for and that is how I knew what I was allocated because the email was not specific as to which seats or sections because I requested 16 which I figured was more than I would get But we have 16 season tix so people wanted to go. Received 12 based on point levels in email.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:30 PM

I haven't heard of anyone else finding that out or getting an email from IPTAY??

Jan 1, 2017, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay National Championship Ticket Question*** ]

I think you're full of ####. The ticket office doesn't open back up until tomorrow at 8 am, so I doubt you got an email.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no email but my acct has a balance due = to tix i ordered***

Jan 1, 2017, 11:05 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no email but my acct has a balance due = to tix i ordered***

Jan 1, 2017, 11:54 PM

The only balance in my account is for the application?

Jan 2, 2017, 2:05 AM

I will pay a premium for 2 or 3 tickets in lower deck. I am a 1989 grad. I can meet anywhere in SC this week. I am still in Phoenix. Back tomorrow. Please text me. 843-906-1667

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic