Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other Sports Update: Clemson Rugby Head Coach steps down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Other Sports Update: Clemson Rugby Head Coach steps down

Jul 15, 2015, 6:05 AM

Clemson Rugby Head Coach steps down

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Club Team?

Jul 15, 2015, 7:06 AM

who cares?

Re: Club Team?

Jul 15, 2015, 7:36 AM

LOL at Rugby .
I used to play smear the quee* in my backyard too ...never thought it could become an actual sport .
No offense intended folks , I didn't name the game we played as children .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2015, 8:47 AM

Unless you were born in the 1800s, Rugby has been around since before you were a child.

Why make fun of a CLEMSON team that is nationally recognized? What purpose does that serve?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The Rugby Club rented a home in our neighborhood in Clemson

Jul 15, 2015, 6:17 PM

back in the early 90s and property values plummeted until we managed to get them out.

They made Animal House look like a spring cotillion.

I have nothing against Animal House or Rugby per se. Just keep them caged up somewhere far away from where I live.

Re: The Rugby Club rented a home in our neighborhood in Clemson

Jul 15, 2015, 6:30 PM

The reason Rugby is not a popular sport in America is , in my opinion , because of the sorta-similarity to American Football .
No way it ever gains ground on CFB/NFL as a spectator sport .
Again , it looks like a backyard game of tackle the man with the ball ...and what is that group hug thing about with the ball under the pile ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2015, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

To Gotigers: Anyone who claims to support Clemson wishes
all students to do well as individuals and as representatives
of Clemson University. You obviously do not practice your user name "Gotigers."

Jul 15, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

Who cares?! What Tiger wouldn't care about a CLEMSON program? Are you also saying you don't care about top-notch academics or the SEVERAL other successful programs/clubs Clemson has to offer? News flash: THOSE are what makes Clemson great, not just football. Did you even attend Clemson? I assume not.

In other news:

Jul 15, 2015, 9:55 AM

Two-time defending Co-ed Intramural Ultimate Frisbee champion team captain Jonathon "Cheez Wiz" Morales steps down from his position due to a scandal involving a billy goat, Red Bull, and nipple clamps.

Intramural Frisbee- Now there's a team I can get behind!***

Jul 15, 2015, 11:12 AM

If you can't pull for all things Clemson

Jul 15, 2015, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

Then don't pull for any of them. Just go away. Glad to see Rugby getting props. When I played in the 70s and 80s we were way beyond social outcasts. Won the ACC twice and were SE Collegiate champs twice. Always had a keg on tap even on the bus rides. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2015, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

Do yourself a favor and go watch a Clemson rugby match once. We have one of the best teams in the region. It's a ton of fun to watch - hitting, strategy, all the long runs that make football games so exciting with our Clemson speed. Then get back to me on "just a club sport." I think we may see rugby as an official intercollegiate sport soon if Title IX doesn't hold it back.

Jul 15, 2015, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Jul 15, 2015, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Club Team? ]

They're actually insanely good. Last year they were the underdog and destroyed the competition. Some good friends of mine are on the team. They're best years are yet to come.

Jul 15, 2015, 11:52 PM

And can anyone tell the difference between Australian Rules and Rugby ? Does it have to do with the number of Pacific Islanders each team has ?
Additionally , why do they place the ball down inside the goal area when scoring ? Is that a rule ?

DB23

Re: Other Sports Update: Clemson Rugby Head Coach steps down

Jul 15, 2015, 8:00 AM

Rugby is very close to the game John Heisman coached when he was at Clemson. And if they keep changing rules in Football i can See Rugby eventually replacing football in popularity in the US. Erase Walter camp and this what we are watching in Death Valley on Saturdays. Take away Down and distance and the forward pass and there you go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

go watch a game some time

Jul 15, 2015, 9:22 AM

Go watch a game some time. Rugby is brutal awesomeness! It's better than football in some ways. They aren't wearing pads and while playing physical and fast are also muuuuuuch smarter about how they hit each other.

I've always thought that a major flaw with football is that we've padded our boys up so much that they try spearing each other which in turn leads to career ending injuries at times

On the flip side a rugby player will get a broken nose just to tape it and go back in and finish the game. Cool sport in its own way

I bet fans aren't allowed to WooHoo***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:26 AM

Gosh dangit. Another irrelevant sport usc jr is gonna be better than us at.***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:34 AM

Gosh dangit. Another irrelevant/stupid post by oneDERPkid.***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:35 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Ruffled the feathers a bit there, aye?***

Jul 15, 2015, 9:54 AM

Re: Ruffled the feathers a bit there, aye?***

Jul 15, 2015, 10:05 AM

Not at all, just enjoy pointing out your stupidity.

Go to Sloan Street Tap Room and ask Jimmy about

Jul 15, 2015, 11:33 AM

Rugby. Great Clemson stories from the "good ol days"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other Sports Update: Clemson Rugby Head Coach steps down

Jul 15, 2015, 5:50 PM

Any reason given for him stepping down? Nothing was mentioned about where he was going.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic