Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 104
| visibility 931

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 30, 2018, 8:00 AM

Friday night, just feeling worn down so it was pizza, whiskey, and Live PD.

Saturday, woke up late and with no real plans we elected to go to Cedar Falls park to see what we could see. Saw a lot of nature and even more trashy folks.

Sunday. Up early to head up to Grandfather Mountain because I'd been wanting to go. Pretty good time. I never made it up to do the real swinging bridge a a kid. I think they did too good of a job supporting the new one. Not freaky enough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 30, 2018, 8:04 AM

Kinda lame sauce.

Finished binging Game of Thrones. Not gonna say it's not awesome...cause it is. But overhyped, still IMHO. I guess you lose the dramatic effect when you don't have to wait between episodes. Gonna start Westworld next.

Removed limbs from yard and piddled in the heat for about 20 extra minutes before saying fugg that.

Did a leg workout. Thighs be like ????? ?????.

Drank some beer. Didn't pee myself. Cooked a Tbone steak with taters and asparagus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My weekend sucked caulk

Jul 30, 2018, 12:33 PM

Worked til 1030 friday night. Mowed grass saturday morning. Brewed a saison beer in afternoon. Actually had a good date night saturday night. Sunday the wife was bitchin' the whole time...it was muggy af outside...and I didn't have seggs all weekend. Also had to work 3 hours sunday.

4/10

Welp, the Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:12 AM

Friday - went to the Shem Creek Pier in time to get caught all the way at the end in a monster thunderstorm. Fed the crabs afterwards. Went to the Ft Moultrie pier and caught a few whiting and croakers. Hit Poe's for lunch.

Sattidy - Mostly caught some rays.

Sunday - Drove back to Casa de Wilbur du Lac. Grilled a steak.

8/10 - cuz I-26

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Meh

Jul 30, 2018, 8:16 AM

Yard work, trash hauling, TV watching

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I read this as

Jul 30, 2018, 9:56 AM

"Meth". Disappointed when I opened it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

8-9/10

Jul 30, 2018, 8:17 AM

Friday blew off work early and chilled with the family.
Met some friends at outdoor pizza joint next to IE’s house

Saturday AM went to a 4th bday party at the pool.
Took a nap, cooked some philly’s on the griddle for dinner. Cruised the hood on the golf cart with a neighbor. Met CU football great Stanton seckinger.

Sunday AM took the 3 yr old on the boat with a neighbor. Dodged an epic rain storm somehow. Lunch at Mexican place with family. Took a nap. River dogs game.

Less than meh because work

Worked all day Friday
Worked Saturday until 2:00

The most exciting thing from this weekend was homemade ice cream yesterday evening.

Re: Productive, and mostly rain-free

thank goodness. Still hot, but at least I got some yard work done too!

Friday, went to lunch in a 100 degree soup of a day. Can't even breathe. Sitting in the drive thru and my air quits blowing. Beat the dash, cycle power on the air, restart the truck... nothing. I can hear the compressor kicking on. Just nothing blowing. I sweat it out, and get back to work and my terminal to start the googling. Found a common issue of the AC resistor going bad and/or terminals melting. Of course, I hope the latter isn't the case. I go get the part right after work, and drive home - again scorching heat - and start climbing under the dash in the driveway. 15 minute swap and a $30 part - I'm good to go!

Saturday - quick trip to Slowe's and pickup a sheet of drywall, some yard bug spray, and and a citronella candle. (candle was a waste of money) Hung drywall. Taped it in, and let dry. Off to yard work. Mowed, edged, weed-eated the yard(s). Shower. Back to drywall. Sand and finish up with skim coat number 1.

Sunday. Lazy morning. Lots of coffee and TV. Start moving around 10, and get to sanding skim coat. Knock that out, and put final skim coat on. Went to eat lunch in Sandfly at Castaway. Shared fish tacos with The Leg, and I had surf and turf. Good stuff Mayne!

Finished off the Buffalo Trace I had last night. Liquor store just got more, so I will acquire more at lunch today.

Now lets see if I can muster up enough energy to fake my way through this week.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 8:22 AM

Friday - went to Yee Haw brewing in G'ville w/ SheGUAR and a few of her co workers...decent time. Went to TakoSushi for dinner, first time ever....had @Greenvillian®'s 'back menu' suggestion....not sure it lived up to the 'hype'. Was light on the jalapeno, and the queso was THICC

Saturday - Yard & house work day...long & tiring, but good feeling of getting things done

Sunday - A little bit of pressure washing, then hit up Kidz Bop Live @ Heritage park. By all means, let the jealousy overtake you. It was hot AF. Went to Tipsy Taco afterwards.

that's about it

6/10, mediocre score solely due to Kidz Bop

Dont even remeber Fri so will start with

Jul 30, 2018, 8:24 AM

Sat: Gkids teeball game then over to dog biz for thr PUP(Pub) Crawl. T.Creek, Quest, and Birds Fly South. Some OK beers, nothing special, but mrs did like Birds and Bees at Quest. Fr8Yard in evening cause a former employee's daughter was highlighting her first CD recording...
Sun: Lazy day, laid around, did a little compound planning, good steak meal in evening described earlier.....8.79/10

Cub Scout slip n slide was this weekend.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:28 AM

9yo and 4yo had a blast. Rest of weekend sucked. Shopped most of Sunday. Drank too much Fri+Saturday night. Caused a heightened reaction to the balloon ban.

Oh. Took boys to see dad also.

7.31/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must admit, I can't get emotional about this

Jul 30, 2018, 8:37 AM

balloon thing. It never really added anything to my experience and when I was a student it would take away friends away from Friday night tomfoolery so they could get up early to blow them up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 drinks. Only needed a trigger. Ballons nailed it***

Jul 30, 2018, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Instead of balloons

Jul 30, 2018, 11:33 AM

Clemson is going to install a bunch of these

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Noice***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:46 AM

Wasn't perfect, but it was awfully close.

Jul 30, 2018, 8:42 AM

Friday, took the pup over to RH Mom's and let her run for a bit, then back home to food, beer, and a couple of Pat Conroy movie adaptations. Watched Conrack and The Great Santini, then in bed around midnight. Finally broke down and drank my last DFH American Beauty bomber...what a delicious freaking beer. Very relaxing evening overall.

Saturday, chores and yard work most of the day. Did take a nice truck ride with the pup and went to look at a few investment lots but didn't find anything I thought would make quick money. Got cleaned up and Mrs. Tig was not hungry so I fixed up a frozen deep dish mini-pizza then went to play LOUD rock and roll. It was fun, but everybody seemed tired and the timing wasn't there. Happens every now and again. Broke down and drank my last Schlitz longneck bottles at the jam session.

Sunday, tried to sleep in, and as per normal, the pup is standing on my chest wanting to go out at 7 am. Got up and drank coffee, ate the last of the homemade blueberry scones, and generally laid around in a daze for a while. Finally got cleaned up and went to check on RH Mom since RH Sis had gone to Clemson to work on her condo. Then took off for Total Wine in Charlotte to pick up my order of 5 cases of Schlitz, which brings me to a total of 6.5 cases in reserve for football season. Came home and put them away, then off on grocery run. Went to Harris Teeter looking for cotija cheese but they were out. Went to two different Hispanic tiendas but it seems that no cotija cheese is currently available in Rock Hill, so my plan to make Mexican street corn for dinner was put on hold until I find it. Came home and put up groceries, took the pup on a nice long walk in what looked like pre-thunderstorm soup, put chicken enchilada casserole in the oven and watched The Shallows off the DVR. Not a terrible shark movie but definitely no Jaws. Ate, cleaned up kitchen, then watched Preacher and crashed.

When the Yelp stars are extrapolated against the Amazon reviews...the weekend tallied out at a solid 9.99/10, with the deduction being that I couldn't talk the Mrs. in going to the Thirsty beaver for the 5:00 Jonathan Parker Sunday show. Probably just as well...pretty relaxing overall and I watched as much TV over the weekend as probably watched in the last few weeks combined.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 8:57 AM

Butchered a pig.
Ended up with:
20 lb Maple Pepper Bacon
35 lb Italian sausage
15 lb ginger/sage breakfast sausage
6 lb plain ground pork
5 lb tasso ham
the ribs
5 lb of cubed pork loin
3 lb of tenderloins, whole
2 lb salt pork
7 gallons of lard
3 lb of pork cracklins
3 gallons of ground up meat from guts/bones/head that I was going to make hash from, but it smells atrocious. I'll probably feed it to the animals. I reserve the right to mix in potatoes, onions, mustard, etc. and give this hash a shot, but I don't think anybody in the house will eat it (including myself).

Had ##### twice, once in the middle of the lard rendering process. Possibly a junge first.
Various sets of grandparents kept my kids all weekend, which was awesome.
Took breaks from pig processing to swim in the pool and drink with the wifey.
Drank a 2017 Bourbon County Coffee Stout last night - it's arguably the best beer ever.

I cut the very tip of my thumb off on a meat slicer, and got a few cuts here and there, but no recordable injuries were incurred while cutting/slicing/grinding, so praise the Big Man for that.

9.9/10

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Oh god, you really are poor***

Jul 30, 2018, 8:59 AM

But rich in bacon and love

Jul 30, 2018, 9:08 AM

What else do you need?

where do you tailgate?***

Jul 30, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kite Hill.

Jul 30, 2018, 10:50 AM

JK.

Back prior to kids, we had a spot at the Brooks Center.

Now a-days, we only make it to a few game a year when somebody gives me tickets or we scalp some for a good game. We usually park at the Y beach, ride the bus into campus and visit with various friends that we haven't seen in a while.

you can tailgate with me

Jul 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

bring some pig with you

I should have the one surviving pig leash-trained by

Jul 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

the time the season starts.

If I do, we'll swing by.

I must warn you, she will require 15 lbs or so of corn to be present at your tailgate.

How about alcohol

Jul 30, 2018, 11:09 AM

made from corn instead?

no recordable injuries? How'd you whack the pig?***

Jul 30, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Re: no recordable injuries? How'd you whack the pig?***

Jul 30, 2018, 10:58 AM

Last time, I tried a 22 rifle, which I had read is 'sufficient' if you "do it right"... bla bla bla. I had to shoot the damnn thing 3 times and it was not pleasant.

This time, I grabbed my 44mag Ruger Super Blackhawk, loaded with some hand loads I made.

IIRC, the load was a Hornady 240gr. Jacketed Hollow Point (XTP) with 24 grains of H110 powder, pushing roughly 1400fps at the muzzle.

I threw out some food, when she came over, BLAMO right through the melon.

She dropped to her side, legs straight out, frozen solid. It was like a cartoon. I wrapped a chain around her, and lifted her out with the loader bucket on my tractor.

Pressure washed her, skinned her, and the divided/quartered.

Eazy peazy.

Well, at least she never knew it.***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:16 AM

That's a lot of Italian sausage

Jul 30, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

didn't know you liked it that much, DGUARCHITECT, take notice.

Sliced off the tip of a finger ?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a lot of Italian sausage

Tip of the finger is maybe an overstatement,
I tried to clean out some of the build up around the blade, and I thought I could do it without turning the slicer off. Don't ask me why, I had been doing this for hours and always shut the blade off, but I got "complacent" I guess.

The blade caught my thumbnail about 3/16" from the end and cut off part of the nail and a few layers of skin under the nail out to the tip. It bled for a few minutes, but that's about it. It was just a few thousandths of an inch from doing some major damage.

Mine sucked...

Jul 30, 2018, 9:02 AM

fell down some steps...ended up in the ER yesterday for almost 5 hrs...Broken/Fractured foot.

Yeah well....that wasn't the worse of the weekend.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Internet Thumbs up to acknowledge reply, not

Jul 30, 2018, 9:04 AM

to celebrate injury.

yeah me too

Jul 30, 2018, 9:46 AM

hope you heal up quick mentally and physically

Bless your heart...

Jul 30, 2018, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Mine sucked... ]

and foot. May your suffering be gentle and recuperation short.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DAMM! You take care of you! ******

Jul 30, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Mine sucked... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prettay, prettay, good.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:18 AM

Wednesday: Smooth Ambler cocktail dinner at Felix downtown. Met buddies at Prohibition for some predrinks. Dinner was good. Had afterdrinks. Ended up home sometime around 1, a good bit toastier than planned for the evening.

Thursday: shake off hangover, get packed for 8-9 hour drive to Nashvegas to see frans, check out town, concert, hot chicken, etc. Don't get on road til 2. Planning on going Asheville route, but Google pushes us to ATL. Decide to last-minute stop to see sis and break up trip instead of getting into Nash at 11pm (or later). Grab some pizza and beer at Fellini's, early(ish) bedtime.

Friday: up early, throw kids in car in PJs, hit road tryna beat rush hour traffic in ATL (lolno). Make it to Nash. Catch up with reflux and sheflux and kidfluxes over lunch. Head over to other AZ buddy's house that evening in Brentwood. Old poker buddy who used to work for SAP, moved over to Amazon recently. Let's just say his home value has one more commas than mine. He got rid of his GT-R in AZ right before we moved so he could get a family sedan, because an M5 is a decent grocery-getter. But, apparently not enough space, so he switched to an X5 M. I think I'd be ok with driving one of those. The interior smells like women taking their shirts off. His daughter babysat our 3 hellions that night, which was chaos until 8pm, and then they all crashed, because supertired. We went down to Broadway to grab dinner and drinks. Broadway is something you're obligated to see when you visit Nashville, but Jeebus. It's the country version of Bourbon Street. Saw somewhere around 40 bachelorette parties, half of which were on "topless" buses driving around the block, and ALL of them were "WOOOOOOOOOO" and "THAT'S MAH SAWWWWWWNG!" One neat thing about Broadway was no covers anywhere--every bar has bands that play for free or even pay for the stage for a few hours. If I lived there, I doubt I'd be in that area ever, unless there was somebody playing on a Tuesday in a particular bar that I wanted to catch. Weekends on Broadway are dum at my advanced age.

Saturday: brunch, because white people,

(Million Dollar Bacon, not sure how they sell it for $4.99, cayenne, brown sugar, maple syrup, etc.)

sightsee for a bit, then head to Prince's for the ORIGINAL Nashville Hot Chicken. Hattie B's straight up stole it from Prince's because white people/investors. Went with Hot, but the scale goes up to X Hot and XX Hot. It was the correct choice, as it was enough to make me glisten and notice that I'd eaten something spicy, but not so hot that it ruined the long drive pending on Sunday.

On to Ascend Amphitheater to see Pixies and Weezer. Was pleased to find out it was $14 Beer Night, otherwise it would have been really expensive to have a few beers. We got there before the Pixies went on, but after pretty much everybody else attending, so our lawn seats were barely lawn. But we had a $14 beer stand within crawling distance, so there's that.

Pixies setlist:

Gouge Away
Bel Esprit
Bone Machine
Um Chagga Lagga
Isla de Encanta
Caribou
Hey
Gigantic
Wave of Mutilation
Monkey Gone to Heaven
Head Carrier
Crackity Jones
Classic Masher
I've Been Tired
Head On (The Jesus and Mary Chain cover)
Tame
All I Think About Now
Debaser
All the Saints
Here Comes Your Man
Where Is My Mind?
Winterlong (Neil Young cover)
Vamos

Fun show, and I could not throw a football and hit the stage this time. I couldn't even hit the assigned seating with a football. Paz Lenchantin is a WAY better musician than Kim Deal, buuuuut...she doesn't have the Kim Deal pipes either, so it's a tradeoff. She sounded good on tracks like Where Is My Mind?, but you could hear the difference on Debaser and others. 8.5/10 set, would dew over and over. Cool venue for a show.

Then...Buddy Holly voice announces Weezer, and of course, the stage is a '50s diner. Weezer straight up killed it. Obed didn't want to go out of fear that they'd play almost all stuff from their new album, which is mediocre by Weezer standards. LET US ALL NOW LOL AT OBED. LOLOLOL.

Weezer setlist:

Buddy Holly
Beverly Hills
Pork and Beans
Undone - The Sweater Song
Hash Pipe
Perfect Situation
My Name Is Jonas
El Scorcho
In the Garage
Why Bother?
Happy Together (The Turtles cover) (With "Longview" snippet by Green Day)
Keep Fishin' (Brian Bell on vocals)

Stage B
Island in the Sun (Solo Acoustic)
Take On Me (a?ha cover) (Solo Acoustic)
Burndt Jamb (Brian Bell on vocals)
(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
Feels Like Summer
Africa (Toto cover)

Encore:
Susanne
Say It Ain't So

Just crushed it. 10/10. Only a handful of tracks I wish they'd gotten to and didn't, like Prettiest Girl In The Whole Wide World, Can't Stop Partying, and I feel like you gotta play Good Life at every show if you're Weezer, but maybe they'll ask me next time.

Sunday: yeesh. 8+ hours of driving, including 45 minute delay in ATL (shocker) and some of the worst rainstorms I've seen in years across SC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Damnn dude, you killed it this weekend!

Jul 30, 2018, 9:29 AM

I bet you're wore out this AM.

so, you DIDN'T meat up with Obed...?

Jul 30, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Prettay, prettay, good. ]

That's BS.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:32 AM

I have video proof of them hanging out this weekend:

I'm quite shocked I didn't meat up with him as well,

Jul 30, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to so, you DIDN'T meat up with Obed...? ]

but it really felt like Obed was inside of me all weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said earlier:

Jul 30, 2018, 10:59 AM

ryanadidas said:

I bet you're wore out this AM.

We always do Broadway during the day.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Prettay, prettay, good. ]

Cuts down on the drunken white girl pre-marriage ritual nonsense, and you actually get to see some very good musicians at work. A lot of what gets played on Broadway is for Sheeple, but there will usually be at least one band working at any given time that plays great stuff if you're willing to bounce around to find it. Say what you will about Hattie B's though...it never disappoints me. Prince's is the original, but most trips to Nashville it ends up being out of our route. The one time I've been there it was delicious though. Also, your trip was a complete waste because no Bearded Iris.

Does it smell as bad during the day?

'cause at night it smells like an as$ pulled through a truckload of old garbage.

It is better during the day.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:57 AM

But you're right...at night it does remind me of NYC olfactorily.

Apparently, there's 2 Prince's locations meow,

Jul 30, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to We always do Broadway during the day. ]

so make sure you check that next time you're there. We went to the newer one which is on the south side of town, and as sketchy as the original. The problem with bringing kids on a trip like this is that it really eats into my binge-drinking time, which is where I would have squeezed in some Bearded Iris and various forms of whiskey.

reflux said you can wander around Broadway and walk into a random bar with a Grammy winner playing an acoustic set for free--I reckon that doesn't happen in most towns. Also, not sure if you knew this, but Florida-Georgia Line has their own bar. I could not convince our crowd to go in there, but c'mon...you kinda want to see how palpable the suck actually is inside that place, don't you?

Prince's location noted.

Jul 30, 2018, 9:54 AM

We'll be there in October for John Prine at The Ryman.

Don't think I knew about Florida-Georgia Line, but the new thing on Broadway seems to be stars opening their own places. I have a feeling a lot of the original 'charm' of Broadway is going corporate...same thing that is happening in Austin these days. But yeah...I would have at least wanted to stick my head in there just for a laugh.

I'm not really up to date on all my country pop stars, but

Jul 30, 2018, 9:57 AM

it felt like it would have been easier to name the ones that DIDN'T have their own bar on Broadway now. It was kinda dumb. There was also a noticeable lack of Sturgill, Stapleton, and Isbell bars.

Alan Jackson, Dierks Bentley, John Rich, and Jason Aldean

Jul 30, 2018, 10:19 AM

and Luke Bryan all have places coming, if they're not open already. There's already a Margaritaville down there. I've seen an announcement for Kid Rock doing a place in collaboration with Tootsie's. I've even seen somewhere that Todd Chrisly is opening up a place down there. THAT is a step over the boundary of good taste that Broadway can N E V E R recover from.

Doesn't Alan Jackson already have a spot there?

Jul 30, 2018, 10:21 AM

I'm not sure who is open and who is not from that list other

Jul 30, 2018, 10:29 AM

than Buffett's place. Most of our trips down Broadway are typically confined to Tootsie's, Layla's, Legends Corner, Honky Tonk Central, Second Fiddle, The Wildhorse, and Robert's Western World. That's the bulk of the original live music bars and tend to attract the best musicians. The problem with going to any of them at night is that I'm relatively sure fire code occupancy laws don't apply after sundown.

Yep, the star with a bar thing is ruining Broadway.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Prince's location noted. ]

Latest casualty is Paradise Park trailer resort....gonna be the next crap singer to get a bar after they just shut it down.

Oh, and 19B, after seeing that set list.....re:grets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Sheeple love it.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:56 AM

Those of us with an actual soul will be driven to other parts of town, I guess.

I haven't even read all the post and you have the winner. *****

Jul 30, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Prettay, prettay, good. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good, too short as usual

Jul 30, 2018, 9:21 AM

Feeling lazy Friday so just ordered Dominos. They have got to be killing Guy's Pizza and I feel bad, but delivery is awesome.

Up early Saturday to get the boat in the water. Basically spent the whole day riding around looking at lake property. Was pretty nice, got sunburned. Same thing for Sunday, except I got to cuss a guy on a four wheeler out at the boat ramp, so that was noteworthy. Always feels good to yell at an idiot from time to time. Didn't get back home until after 9:00 now I feel dead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys pizza needed to always have drivers, but if they

Jul 30, 2018, 9:34 AM

aren't going to do that, they need on the Grubhub/Waitr/bitesquad train.

Yeah, I think they got away with it for awhile since

Jul 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

there was really no other option in the area, but Dominos is literally right next door now. And they're fast, they get to the house in like 15 minutes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots of stuff

Jul 30, 2018, 9:37 AM

Got up to Clemson early on Friday and walked the dog. Sunset on the d i k e was good as usual. Went to TD's to eat with some friends and got the 24 wings and pitcher for $18 and the ladies each got a salad. Wings were good and pitcher of Yeungling was cold. Waitress forgot to charge us for the salads and it turned out to be a great deal! I don't know where else you can get wings and beer that cheap.

Talked to guy working on the road on 93 (I think he was just making sure nobody stole anything) and he said that work would be done by August 11th. Also indicated something about reducing the lanes on 93 and creating bike paths and bigger walking areas. Went to Study Hall for a beer and sat up top and stared at the moon and Mars. Talked to a guy that worked there and he indicated that current attendance at Clemson is around 22k and they told him they are shooting for 37k. Not sure when they want to get that high but wow.

Got up Saturday and walked the dog and visited my parents. Got back to Clemson after lunch and pressure washed steps and back patio. Stopped by the Mr. Nickerbockers sale place where Campus Copy shop was next to Peppinos and dude said that they are going to tear down the building and build a 2 story building with a Brewery (yeah!) and Peppinos will be back with other shops and restaurants. Will have a courtyard out front instead of parking.

Wanted to get a beer so went to TD's at the Pier. Small place but they gave us extra fries and got a pint of Elysian Space Dust for $4. They are putting up gates to get into the area so not sure how to get to TD's at the Pier if you don't live there in the future. Got back to the house and let the dogs out and then walked downtown to find a burger. Loose Change was slammed and couldn't get anyone to look at me so I thought where can I go in and get something immediately. Nicks! Nobody was in Nicks so easily got some food and beer. No more Super Sub at Nicks. :( Got a falafel wrap which was tasty. Dude at Nicks indicated that he heard 93 will be only 2 lanes in some places, probably around College Avenue comes in.

Got up Sunday and took dog for big walk. Drove back to GA and cleaned the pool and cut the grass. Drank some beer and passed out.

Wood do again.

10/10

They really need to put a monorail around the whole town

Jul 30, 2018, 9:44 AM

of Walt Winnkopp World.

Thomas Green Wynkoop world***

Jul 30, 2018, 10:15 AM

That'll be the only way you can get around if they increase

Jul 30, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to They really need to put a monorail around the whole town ]

enrollment that much. The town is NOT prepared for that much traffic.

Hoping it will grow out to my compound!

Jul 30, 2018, 10:44 AM

Then i will fleece the immigrant yanquis outa their $$$

The people at Petco said they hoped that new development

Jul 30, 2018, 11:05 AM

would become like a Shops of Greenridge. They must not have to drive anywhere near the Shops of Greenridge, because they wouldn't wish that if they did.

I guess there's just not enough traffic congestion, so we need to model 123 after Woodruff Rd.

There's a TD's at the pier?

Jul 30, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to lots of stuff ]

Not a bad idea, really.

whats the pier?***

Jul 30, 2018, 12:30 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

off campus housing

Jul 30, 2018, 1:19 PM

https://www.thepieratclemson.com/

Oh.

Jul 30, 2018, 1:57 PM

I had to stop by the forestry dept. last week. Short visit, but anywho I TRIED to drive around. 93 stopped that and I didn't feel like going around. Had to go anyway. I swear, there's something new every time i go. That ugly grey and faded orange thing across from the tennis complex....wut?

ps: just looked at the link...OMG. Club freakin' Med. How do parents sending their little gentle spoiled ones afford this crap!?

Message was edited by: CUFOR98®

I can't imagine telling my parenst I wouldn't live somewhere

Jul 30, 2018, 2:05 PM

because it doesn't have an outdoor fireplace and granite counter tops.

At this point, I'm pretty certain that conversation has actually happened in Clemson.

I'm sure it has. Look, I "blue collar" raised and my dad

Jul 30, 2018, 2:18 PM

would flat out refuse to "let" me live in one of these joints. My ### would still be sitting on Charleston Ave or in Cedar Woods...or in a single wide somewhere. And that would be fine with me. I'd rather not be around that crowd 24/7.

A lot of those kids are pretty much exactly how you think

Jul 30, 2018, 2:28 PM

they are.

maybe that’s why each trip back is less and less enjoyable

Jul 30, 2018, 2:32 PM

By the way, my ole man is kicking himself still for not buying a lot and dropping a trailer on it for me and a few roommates 20years ago.

In one more year, I will have collected what I paid for the

Jul 30, 2018, 2:41 PM

Cedarwood condo in rent, barring any major expenses. I kick myself right now for not buying another one, but by the time I was flush to do it real estate values in Clemson were starting to go through the roof. There isn't even a unit on the market at Cedarwood right now.

Re: In one more year, I will have collected what I paid for the

Jul 30, 2018, 2:47 PM

Wow. I remember some units almost in disrepair with holes in the floor.

People really started coming in and remodeling them around

Jul 30, 2018, 2:55 PM

2010, and you started to see a bit higher class renter around that time too. Honestly, you can't beat it for the money in Clemson. I don't know what rent is going for now, but I remember my now wife cut her rent in half by moving to Cedarwood from one of the other 'luxury' student complexes.

A lot of units there have been bought up and remodeled for

Jul 30, 2018, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: In one more year, I will have collected what I paid for the ]

football condos. We bought ours when the real estate bubble had just burst and stole it. Spent that summer gutting and remodeling it. Lakebum stopped by and had a beer with me every now and again since he was living across the parking lot. Wish I'd bought his unit, but it was on the market less than a day when they sold it I think.

It took a couple of days to sell

Jul 30, 2018, 3:01 PM

Only because of the bidding war that began in the under 4 hours it was on the market.

The town has definitely changed

Jul 30, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to maybe that’s why each trip back is less and less enjoyable ]

Obviously, I don't really think it's for the better. I think the unbridled apartment building boom is going to come back to bite them, but who knows.

Well it's not too late! There are like 30 acres for sale across the lake from the stadium with 6 or 7 dockable lots for a low price of $2mil I think.

lol. I’ll call my people

Jul 30, 2018, 4:01 PM

Wait til the university gets their hands on some of that lake front Experimental Forest property. I hope they don’t, but it won’t be for lack of trying.

Pro Tip: The gate at the Pier is for the main entrance only.

Jul 30, 2018, 3:07 PM [ in reply to lots of stuff ]

Go around the back and there are 2 more entrances. Kinda stupid, like a screen door on a submarine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Helped to try and find forever families for older kids

Jul 30, 2018, 9:39 AM

visiting from Colombia, South Murica for 5 weeks. This was the last event of the summer for the kids, they go back to Colombia this week.

If you know of anyone who is interested in adopting older kids this is a great program - http://kidsave.org.

Wife of and I are in the home stretch of adopting siblings that we met through Kidsave.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Very cool

Jul 30, 2018, 9:48 AM

It's strange to think one of my biggest concerns is related to the construction on 93 and the non-existence of our assigned parking spot for the upcoming season.

Meanwhile, there are things like this, affecting millions of people, and someone out there is doing something as remarkable as you.

Good on ya, fella.***

Jul 30, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Helped to try and find forever families for older kids ]

Re: Helped to try and find forever families for older kids

Jul 30, 2018, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Helped to try and find forever families for older kids ]

My sister adopted an older bro and sis.

It’s not been a bed of roses. Lots of baggage and skeletons. I pray your experience is better. Good for you.

purty dayum good! bbq, football, bike and booty!

smoked a couple butts and some ribs friday in a downpour, can't complain too much about the rain we got cause they had a frekkin tornado on the islands just east of here. (sav82wife appreciated the bbq) rode in a poker run sat. morn then over to watch a couple of the local high schools scrimmage. got soaked in another downpour on the way home. worked on getting the boat running a little better sunday after church.

Good

Jul 30, 2018, 9:55 AM

Friday: Red picked up my 9 year old nephew to spend the weekend with us. Went to the park and flew my drone for about half an hour. Picked up pizza on the way home and played FIFA the rest of the night.

Saturday: Woke up and made breakfast. Walked to the lake and flew the drone again and he played in the stream with Ellie. He tripped over some rocks and scraped his knee up. Hemophilia made this a much bigger deal so we panicked for a few minutes. Went to lunch and then walked around NC States campus for a little bit. Went to the North Carolina Football Club match in Cary. He was bored between about 20' and 90', but we netted a stoppage time winner, so that was exciting for him. He had us watch 'Rampage' because it was "such a good movie!'. I cannot explain how bad this movie is. Do not watch this. Prior to bed, the dude decided to #### check me. Ive never been in that much pain in my life. Took about 5 minutes to recover. I legitimately thought he popped a nut.

Sunday: Made belgian waffles for breakfast. Sister picked him up at 1:00. Studied for awhile then took a nap. Grocery shopped and dinner alone as Red is gone most of this week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Good

Jul 30, 2018, 10:11 AM

No kids at home this weekend, but very pregnant wife. Friday night went to dinner out and then did some shopping for house crap. Went home and watched movie and fooled around.

Saturday, slept late and had to rush out to meet cousins for lunch. Had lunch and then did some more house crap shopping. Went home and started putting up all the lights and other things that were purchased under "house crap" had a light dinner and drinks and fooled around and went to bed.

Sunday, woke up, fooled around, had coffee and then got to work. Re-arranged porch furniture in anticipation of new sectional wife ordered. Hung some edison lights from the gazebo on the front porch and hung big screen TV on brick on back porch for football season/Fall. Rearranged BGE and grill on patio area to make room for table/chairs that were kicked off porch for new sectional. Worked around house for a while and then headed to Charlotte to pick daughter up from Airport at 12:11 AM. Drove her back home and went to bed.

9/10

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I have a pbp of exactly what

Jul 30, 2018, 11:10 AM

fooling around entails?

No, but

Jul 30, 2018, 11:14 AM

It's pretty normal fooling around save for some accommodations for 8 months pregnant.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No butt

FTFY

That comes on the delivery table.***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:25 AM

Ah yes.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to No, but ]

Enjoy the DDs.

Friday

Jul 30, 2018, 10:58 AM

Iv e forgotten. So it was good. Saturday morning shot sunrise. Went to see a friend at Lake. Left head above Lake Murray. Took a nice nap. Don't remember Saturday night so it was great. Sunday got up. Cooked butt pork last night in Instant Pot. I would slap your Momma. ###### was good. Cut front and back this morning. Gamecock SIL got up early cuz her Clemson fan daughter passing kidney stone. She took her to doctor. Comfortable in chair posting on Tnet again. You people don't know fine art. Or great bass players. Maybe RH. He plays Taking Heads - Burning Down Da Houze when he leaves a thrill job.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U

when do you think you'll sober up?***

Jul 30, 2018, 11:15 AM

Re: sober up?

Jul 30, 2018, 1:57 PM

I spent most of the weekend hanging out online.

Jul 30, 2018, 11:17 AM

It was slow but productive. Overall, 8/10 which is better than fair when you're trying to conquer the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

World of Warcraft or

Jul 30, 2018, 2:04 PM

All 72 episodes of Pump my Ride on utubes.

Beach. lots of beer, lots of good food

Jul 30, 2018, 11:32 AM

Gonna do the same thing for the next 5 days. Pray for my liver.

63-17/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

worked too dang hard

Jul 30, 2018, 11:38 AM

but it's good to be able to

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 12:14 PM

Fri: don’t remember
Sat: changed radiator in my wj. Drank some beers
Sun: slept in. Helped paint daughter’s room. Helped wife troubleshoot some issues with a listed house. Cut grass while flushing new radiator a few times before putting In the new mix. Had a few beers last night with a pork tender on the
Akorn.

7/10

Jul 30, 2018, 1:24 PM

Friday: Al Bun Day. Murphy was working over time.

Saturday: Yard work. I let DaughterOf#1 #### me off. Drank some beers and called my oldest friend back home. The evening got better the more we drank and bitched about our kids.

Sunday: It was a slow day. I didn't accomplish much. Maria and I kind of just chilled.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2018, 1:58 PM

afraid to ask what "#### me off" means.

unremarkable.

Jul 30, 2018, 2:17 PM

Friday-walked up to the Southern for dinner with the neigbors, then came home and hung out with neighbors

Saturday- went to brunch at Red Drum with neighbors and other friends. Spent the rest of the day goofing off. Had a sleeve of saltines and 3 natty lights for dinner; watched some Shark Week and went to bed.

Sunday- took my 4runner to get buffed and waxed. Ran some errands while that was getting done. Picked up the 4 runner @ 2 and spent the rest of the day ceramic coating on the freshly prepped exterior. Not a great experience, really. It takes forever to put on, buff it off, then re-apply, then buff again. The product I used (Sonax--would not wreckermend) is a 2 part deal that uses aerosol cans to hold the 2 parts. Part 2 used up all the gas propellant in the can, so I actually ran out of propellant and still have 3/4 can of the ceramic coating I can't use.

Also, its supposed to "cure" for 2-3 days before getting wet. It made it until about 2 am when we had another rain apocalypse (like every other day this week). This has been the only real time I've missed not having a garage. The shine still looks good, but not sure how long it will last.

Obed

Does this ceramic coating protect from sliding into trees?

Jul 30, 2018, 2:19 PM

askin' for a fran.

It may shatter***

Jul 30, 2018, 2:29 PM

Lol.***

Jul 30, 2018, 2:40 PM

Ooof...that system sounds like a PITA.***

Jul 30, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to unremarkable. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 104
| visibility 931
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic