Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Muschamp says Gamecocks "pushed hard" to maintain rivalry game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Muschamp says Gamecocks "pushed hard" to maintain rivalry game

Jul 30, 2020, 8:24 PM

Muschamp says Gamecocks "pushed hard" to maintain rivalry game

Clemson and South Carolina won't meet again on the gridiron in the regular-season until Nov. 27, 2021 in Columbia, as things are scheduled currently. The SEC ma Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Muschamp says Gamecocks "pushed hard" to maintain rivalry game

Jul 30, 2020, 8:26 PM

Bwaaa-hhhhhaa-ha-ha!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 8:32 PM

Anybody from SoCar who says that is flat out lying...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 8:34 PM

They said Coots were only one voting to keep the rivalry games.

"They"?***

Jul 31, 2020, 8:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jul 31, 2020, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Muschamp says Gamecocks "pushed hard" to maintain rivalry game ]

Sir, I agree. No one seems to be pressing him to elaborate. On the other hand, it wil improve our strength of schedule.

Jul 30, 2020, 8:44 PM

Muschump has that deer ?? in the headlights look in the photo. ?? I don’t nt believe for one minute he fought for the Clemson game. Having his butt kicked up and down the field for the 7th consecutive time. I am calling BS on him and the SEC! Especially bailing on what the sec refers to as a weak conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a stock photo. Probably taken 2 years ago - like Dabo's

Jul 31, 2020, 8:47 AM

football matters T-shirt picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Thanks for trying. Too bad nobody in SEC cares for your opinion***

Jul 30, 2020, 8:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:04 PM

~JKB

I call BS....***

Jul 30, 2020, 9:42 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:59 PM

Pushed hard . Lol .
The effort he put into having to get blasted by Clemson again wouldn't roll a pen off his desk .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 30, 2020, 10:06 PM

I guess it’s “ game off “ for this year .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 10:16 PM

Wasn’t the rivalry game mandated by legislation quite a few years ago? How do they get around that?

Muschamp laments that he can’t get a whoopin’ from “his daddy” again this season.

Likely his complete statement to the SEC was “it’s PR guys, but I’ll have to report that ‘I pushed hard’ to save the game, but WHAT A RELIEF!”.

think the coots will figure out how much pull they have in

Jul 30, 2020, 10:30 PM

their beloved SEC - ima bet nope.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 12:02 AM

Still confirms we held the state trophy for 7 years & next year will be 8 years in a row. They were getting close this year but now we’ll never know, of course we know they will lose to us for the next 10-15 years unless the Lord comes back.

Coots are praying for that hard...lol

The 71-42-4 domination will soon be doubled 82-42-4 and that doesn’t show we played every game Columbia for most of it. We’ll never live long enough to see a true rivalry!

Tigers dominate chickens forever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 31, 2020, 6:18 AM

Still confirms we held the state trophy for 7 years & next year will be 8 years in a row. They were getting close this year but now we’ll never know, of course we know they will lose to us for the next 10-15 years unless the Lord comes back.

Coots are praying for that hard...lol

The 71-42-4 domination will soon be doubled 82-42-4 and that doesn’t show we played every game Columbia for most of it. We’ll never live long enough to see a true rivalry!

Tigers dominate chickens forever!

Best thing about this is it guarantees Musty Coot will be there for at least one more year. Coots could care less about their SEC record they are only proud to have the SEC conference name. No Clemson game this year means Chump is guaranteed to be back next year regardless if the coots don’t win a conference game this year. Can’t wait to see that schedule though.

Jul 31, 2020, 6:56 AM

I dont believe for one minute Muschump lobbied for the game. However, if he did there is a difference between USC and Clemson. Clemson has a lot and I mean a lot more pull in the ACC then USC does in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Florida rule the SEC, everyone else are bystanders....

Message was edited by: usarmyshreve®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2020, 3:01 AM

I dont believe for one minute Muschump lobbied for the game. However, if he did there is a difference between USC and Clemson. Clemson has a lot and I mean a lot more pull in the ACC then USC does in the SEC. Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Florida rule the SEC, everyone else are bystanders....

Message was edited by: usarmyshreve®

I'd say that most conferences would pay more attention to the frontrunners. Considering that we've won the ACC 5 years in a row, is it really far fetched to think that we've got more pull in the ACC than SC does in the SEC?

Muskox when he heard the news:

Jul 31, 2020, 6:57 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Jul 31, 2020, 7:37 AM

They probably pushed just as hard as they play on Saturdays. It was just about as effective. ????

He may well have pushed hard knowing it wouldn’t matter

Jul 31, 2020, 8:31 AM

The fact is nearly all rivalry games in the SEC are inter conference. Even Kentucky considers Tennessee their rival, at least in football, much more than Louisville. And Florida considers Georgia and LSU and Tennessee to be bigger rivals than FSU as Georgia considers Florida and Tennessee to be their real rivals. Mizzou probably doesn’t have a rival any more because they don’t even care about football. Arkansas had a rivalry with Texas while in the SWC but now they are trying to pretend they have rivals in the SEC. The Gamecocks are the lone SEC team with a true out of conference blood rival and so they had absolutely no influence on the schedule.

Re: I sincerely doubt that.......

Jul 31, 2020, 8:50 AM

Screw Calford.

Jul 31, 2020, 9:30 AM

Why does it matter who you play as your last game of the football season? I guess the SEC is not sending teams to play in a bowl either? They should watch how they word their responses. Sounds like no one in the country can protect their players like the SEC.

Aug 4, 2020, 3:07 AM

Smallhp said:

Why does it matter who you play as your last game of the football season? I guess the SEC is not sending teams to play in a bowl either? They should watch how they word their responses. Sounds like no one in the country can protect their players like the SEC.

If the last game of the season is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, then wouldn't it make sense logistically to play a nearby team?

Imagine if we played BC, Syracuse, Pitt, for our last game. Would you enjoy making that trek on black Friday?

Interesting that the other SEC teams are saying...

Jul 31, 2020, 4:11 PM

Kentucky to Louisville: "The vote was 13-1 with our president being the sole dissenting vote."
South Carolina to Clemson: "The vote was 13-1 with our president being the sole dissenting vote."
Georgia to Georgia Tech: "The vote was 13-1 with our president being the sole dissenting vote."
Florida to Florida State: "The vote was 13-1 with our president being the sole dissenting vote."

The SEC is:
1 - afraid of playing these rivalry games;
2 - concerned that their W-L record will be affected by these rivalry games;
3 - concerned with the ACC medical protocols for their teams; or
4 - not wanting to maintain OOC contracts with teams like BYU, Oklahoma, Kansas St, Southern Cal, Notre Dame, North Carolina, Baylor, NC State, and Colorado.

It is fairly simple. Yet, the SEC has not given any reason as to why they don't want to play. Do they think it is safer for South Carolina's players to play Texas A&M in College Station than two hours up the road in their own state?

Yes, Im sure he pushed real hard to get his face beat in for a 7th straight year.***

Aug 2, 2020, 10:00 AM

Yes, Im sure he pushed real hard to get his face beat in for a 7th straight year.***

Aug 2, 2020, 10:00 AM

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic