Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting read on the hypocrisy of the Ncca concerning lsu and Obj.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,107

Interesting read on the hypocrisy of the Ncca concerning lsu and Obj.

Jan 23, 2020, 7:29 AM

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2020/01/odell-beckham-jr-and-lsu-highlighted-ncaa-unfairness/605314/?utm_medium=offsite&utm_source=yahoo&utm_campaign=yahoo-non-hosted&yptr=yahoo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting read on the hypocrisy of the Ncca concerning lsu and Obj.

Jan 23, 2020, 9:25 AM

I didn't read the article, but are they saying it is unfair for the NCAA to stop drunk, former players from coming on the field postgame to hand out cash rewards for performance?

I just can't understand why anyone would want to keep that atmosphere away from college kids.

Mean ole' NCAA!

Jan 23, 2020, 9:36 AM

As I said the day after it happened, the ncaa will make this go away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Wade is still employed there***

Jan 23, 2020, 10:21 AM

Re: Will Wade is still employed there- for all the FBI stuff

Jan 23, 2020, 10:46 AM

there has been very little fall out. Louisville continues to rock along doing who know was to sign guys. A couple sneaker guys in jail and a couple assistants fired but no direct sanctions to the schools. At least we are rid of Pitino but little else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2020, 11:00 AM

Every time they write these articles they only offer half the story. They always fail to mention how paying student athletes will be possible from the lucrative tv and sports apparel deals all the way down to the women’s tennis and lacrosse teams. If only the revenue sports (men’s football and basketball) pay their student athletes then we would bump right into the pay inequality issue. The only solution would be to abandon all those other sports or reclassify them as club sports.

I challenge these authors to actually sit down and crunch the numbers and then explain how there’s all these millions just sitting there stacked up in the athletic department’s safe.

Jan 23, 2020, 11:04 AM

The quick answer for everybody when mentioning that there isn't a surplus of money sitting around is that maybe some should be taken from the huge coaches' salaries.

The problem with that is that if college coaching salaries fail to be competitive with the NFL then college football will lose their coaching talent and the product will suffer because of it.

You are right in that the schools are not sitting around with money just waiting to be spent.

Hopefully intelligence will win out and something will be done that makes sense because we are headed the way of paying athletes one way or the other.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,107
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic