Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Interesting read

Jul 19, 2018, 7:39 AM

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/mueller-indictment-russian-hackers/

Most interesting is to see the interaction between Wikileaks and the Russians. It seems they thought the leaks would help Bernie. Interesting theory. Imagine, just for a second.....

Maybe Russia wasn't trying to help Trump with their hacking, but help Bernie in the primaries? The leaks showed the DNC submarined Bernie. Bernie would seem to be like their more ideal candidate, and not Trump. Bernie was the most direct beneficiary of the leaked info. I'd wager the Russians wanted to bolster Bernie in the democratic primary. Of course that didn't work, and Trump was elected. I don't think the DNC hacking or any of this really had much impact anyway. But it makes a lot more sense when you think about Bernie. He's much more in line with Russia than Trump as far as politics go.

It always puzzled me why Russia would back Trump. Makes perfect sense though, that they would back Bernie. And it would make sense for the democrats to turn this into a pro-Trump hacking effort by the Russians. I'm sure it helped him, but the real target was Hillary and the real hope for Russia was Bernie would take the nomination.

Just thinking outside the box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish in one hand...***

Jul 19, 2018, 8:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Russians have always been so much closer aligned with

Jul 19, 2018, 8:25 AM

the Republicans in American politics.

;)

My theory makes much more sense. But who needs sense anyway these days. Narrative is the Russians support the GOP and Trump and fought and hacked mightily to defeat Hillary so their puppet Trump could win. That's the narrative. Doesn't match with history at all. But no one studies history anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right that's the only thing is the narrative...

Jul 19, 2018, 8:42 AM

my other hand is starting to fill up.

Re: Russians have always been so much closer aligned with

Jul 19, 2018, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Russians have always been so much closer aligned with ]

Hillary clinched the DNC nomination on June 6th and the info was leaked on July 22nd so your “Russia wanted Bernie to win the nomination” theory really makes no sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's outside the box as much as outside...

Jul 19, 2018, 8:52 AM

the media bubble and the democrat and republican think tanks. Remember, Russia attempted to break into the RNC servers too. Perhaps had they been successful they likely would have released what they got to the public without prejudice too.

It seems that outside the box would be the belief that Russia's goal was just to confuse, confound, divide, distract and occupy the minds of Americans. Whether or not they chose to help anyone was just luck of the draw or in this case bad luck of the party that had someone unschooled in personal internet safety protocol they gave away their login and password in a plishing scheme.

That's probably as wrong as anyone else's opinion or belief because no one knows what the Russians' original intent was. The most loudly voiced assumption is based on who lost the election. That's natural for had Hillary won the entire investigation may have been nothing more than a footnote on page 26.

On the flipside, Had Hillary won, the RNC given up a password and Russians gotten into the RNC servers the republicans would be weeping just as the dems are now.

All Russia needed was one moron to give up an ID and password on either side, Thanks Podesta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Russia attempted to break into the RNC servers too"

Jul 19, 2018, 9:45 AM

That's an interesting why of saying " none of the republicans fell for the spearphishing bait".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Russia attempted to break into the RNC servers too"

Jul 19, 2018, 10:03 AM

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the RNC's dirty thongs either. If the Russians had gotten into the RNC's servers we wouldn't be looking at anything that was manufactured or conjured. Were I in charge of the RNC's security I'd be telling the pubs to stop conspiring to shut candidate out of the election and give the integrity of the election back to the voters in a fair election.

Maybe the RNC's security people did just that and that's why America has a 'not much of a politician,' in the Whitehouse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting read

Jul 19, 2018, 11:40 AM

Tiggity® said:

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/18/mueller-indictment-russian-hackers/

Most interesting is to see the interaction between Wikileaks and the Russians. It seems they thought the leaks would help Bernie. Interesting theory. Imagine, just for a second.....

Maybe Russia wasn't trying to help Trump with their hacking, but help Bernie in the primaries? The leaks showed the DNC submarined Bernie. Bernie would seem to be like their more ideal candidate, and not Trump.

The problem with that is that the vast majority of the DNC emails weren't made public until after Hilldog won the nomination.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting read

Jul 19, 2018, 3:02 PM

As has been mentioned, the timings of the release don't suggest it would have helped Bernie in anyway. More importantly, even if they did want to help Bernie, it would have been more to make sure Hillary lost no matter what. Remember, Putin hates her for what he considers meddling in Russian elections. In the end, she won her primary so the focus shifted to help Trump. If she had lost maybe they wouldn't have cared one way or the other. Who knows.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic