Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting pic of our baseball coach...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Interesting pic of our baseball coach...

Jan 24, 2016, 12:29 AM
image.jpg(174.7 K)

Remember those worried about his ties to scar? This was taken this year.

You have nothing but gamecocks and then our head baseball coach. This was for an award Ray Tanner won.

Are we reading too much in to this?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting pic of our baseball coach...

Jan 24, 2016, 12:31 AM

Sporting orange.

I'm curious about the guy on the left in the bow tie?

Jan 24, 2016, 12:39 AM

Something quirky about his appearance. He looks out of place or oddly different from the rest of the group.

Just overall not sure what's going on there.

Re: I'm curious about the guy on the left in the bow tie?

Jan 24, 2016, 12:55 AM

Fatism!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm curious about the guy on the left in the bow tie?

Jan 24, 2016, 1:14 AM

I believe that is Jim Toman former gamecock assistant. ML is between Holbrook and a USC student manager. Every person pictured has strong ties to scar.

Jan 24, 2016, 12:48 AM

"Are we" reading too much in to this? Don't you mean "Am I"?

Monte is #ALL IN with Clemson!!!***

Jan 24, 2016, 1:28 AM

Re: Monte is #ALL IN with Clemson!!!***

Jan 24, 2016, 4:34 AM

I hope Monte Showered right after that get together...

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Clemson and South Carolina coaches often mix in various

Jan 24, 2016, 7:25 AM

venues...always have, always will.

You see, my good Friend, we who visit TigerNet dwell in a boiling cauldron of "anti's"...anti-this and anti-that, armed and ready for mortal combat against all enemies.

Meanwhile, most coaches remain friendly, albeit competitive, but friendly and cordial, because they regard themselves as professionals running what amounts to large businesses. Hence, they will socialize, join efforts in various undertakings or simply have friendly conversations.

Thus, I wouldn't have much concern for Coach Lee attending an award ceremony for Coach Tanner or any other person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson and South Carolina coaches often mix in various

Jan 24, 2016, 7:30 AM

Did Monte Lee show up as an invited guest to his friend and mentors award presentation ?
Yes he did .
I read class from this . I read doing things the right way . I read free food and drinks ...and wish that I had recieved said invite.
Coots gonna Coot even when it's about Clemson showing respect to Coots .

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well said, Hartins***

Jan 24, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Clemson and South Carolina coaches often mix in various ]

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 24, 2016, 7:28 AM

If Alabama held a function to honor Coach Stallings you can bet that Dabo would be there. if at all possible.

It is the right thing to do.

Now it's up to Monte to let the SC AD know, that he chose the wrong guy to replace himself.

Yes it is not against the rules for coaches to remain

Jan 24, 2016, 7:52 AM

Friends even though they coach at rival schools. Tanner is the reason he is at Clemson. He gave him an opportunity as an assistant, became successful enough to get a HC job at College of Charleston, now at Clemson. If you will look hard enough notice the color shirt he is wearing. It ain't Garnet.

No problem with this. Once you get out of high school and

Jan 24, 2016, 8:13 AM

then college, you will have the opportunity to honor many of those people who were your mentor,or your friends who helped you along the way. It may be a teacher, a coach, or a pastor. Coach is doing what he should do in this case and makes me proud to be a Clemson man. I hope that you will take every opportunity you get to honor those who help you along the way, regardless of their collegiate affiliation. Good luck to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All for one and one for all.

this happens when u leave an idiot alone w/a keyboard...

Jan 24, 2016, 8:15 AM

please get back on your meds.

Jan 24, 2016, 8:21 AM

One of my biggest concerns is that we're effectively just a place holder for Coach Lee until South Carolina comes calling. Holbrook is on a short leash. Probably only has 2 seasons left unless he pushes through to Omaha. His contract only goes through 2019 and I don't see him securing any kind of extension without making it to the CWS. Lee is definitely top of the list to a lot of their major boosters. If he has any significant success here they will make a major push for him. I certainly hope he has that kind of success but hope we're prepared to fight off those advances and that he is receptive.

Also - picture doesn't bother me it all. But does show how connected to that community he is. They will want him if the job becomes available.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2016, 9:58 AM

Good lord he coached there he is not an Alumni or anything.

I realize you are still upset about the coaching change but that is idiotic.

null

Jan 24, 2016, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting pic of our baseball coach... ]

LOL you just hope that's what happens.
When you see the difference in the team this season you will forget about Jack.

Jan 24, 2016, 10:32 AM

This is for both you and 117. I love how you have to stay on your agendas no matter what. I never mentioned Coach Leggett. Once he was fired we obviously had to replace him and I hope his successor is very successful. I stated my specific concerns are related to SCar's interest in him - not his ability to coach. Neither of you actually said anything addressing what I wrote. Just the usual deflection and pigeon holing. My concern is valid. Is he not an attractive target if the SCar job becomes available? If he fails here then we have helped them eliminate one of their top prospects. If he is successful here they will make a run at him. If Holbrook is able to turn things around then it is all moot. But there is already blood in the water for him, and it will be as difficult for him to turn things around. In regards to baseball, SCar has outspent us dramatically in every aspect of this sport for nearly a decade. Do you really think if they decide Monte Lee is their guy they won't outspend us to get him?

Badb - I hope you're right that we will see a major difference in this team. The difference between you and I is that I will not forget what Jack contributed to this program. 117 has already made it clear that he's giving Coach Lee 3 years to even get back to the post season so apparently he doesn't mind razing the program to the ground as long as he gets his way.

Finally, I'm responding to a post. I didn't post the picture to cry about his associating with them. I'm interjecting a concern that I had from day one with the hire since it relates to the OP. How about make the slightest effort not to always be a pack of d*ck heads.

Jan 24, 2016, 10:44 AM

"117 has already made it clear that he's giving Coach Lee 3 years to even get back to the post season so apparently he doesn't mind razing the program to the ground as long as he gets his way."

That is bull ####.

Hilarious that you of all people accuse others of having an agenda.

null

Jan 24, 2016, 10:54 AM

I'm not going to search through your 20,000 posts where, as soon as Leggett was fired (whom you argued was obligated to win championships), you immediately starting talking about the need for rebuilding and patience. Since you're calling that bullsh*t I assume you'll be calling for Monte's head as voraciously as you did Legget's if we don't see immediate success. Let's get you on record - how many years without an ACC championship, how many can we miss the post-season, how many without a super regional - before you trash the man with a fraction of the verve you brought to trashing Coach Leggett's accomplishments. Don't deflect. Don't talk about what Leggett did or didn't do. Give me some hard and fast expectations. You sure as hell had them for the last coach.

and, as usual with you, not even the slightest effort to counter the actual points of discussion.
so let me outline them for you.

A) Would South Carolina not be highly interested in Coach Lee as a head coach.
B) Is Holbrook's tenure not likely to end in the next couple years.
C) If that tenure should end and South Carolina does pursue Lee would Clemson spend at a level competetive with what South Carolina has demonstrated they are willing to.
D) If Monte Lee is a failure have we not effectivly helped South Carolina in their next coaching search by eliminating him as a candidate.

Those actual topics that can be discussed. There is more than one side to them. I have stated my concerns with them. All you do, all you have ever done is call names and change the subject. Give it a try 117. Excercise you mind and try to form an actual argument, point of view, debate - whatever.

Jan 24, 2016, 1:37 PM

There is rebuilding to do... The 3 years to get back to the Tournament however is complete BS. I never said that I said we might miss the Tournament next year which is referring to this coming season but SHOULD return the next.

I said we should be back to competing for and winning championships by year 4 or 5.

Also you and your JL fan club have called me numerous names through the years so get off your high horse. You had zero interest in debate when I put the stats out about JLs tenure.

You also ignore the fact that I said he shouldn't have been fired.

But let's run through your pathetic list...

A) any coach that we hired if any good would be on their radar. I guess we should hire a bad coach instead? That has got to be the stupidest reason I have heard.

BCandD are just idiotic and don't warrant a response. I don't care about Scar if they come after Lee then we should Pony up but YOU need to stop acting like his ties run deep and creating a false narrative to fit your pathetic agenda.

Here is a clue any coach we hire if he is doing a good job will be pursued by other schools.

null

Jan 24, 2016, 2:05 PM

so, in other words, except for the most obvious rebuttal to A you're not willing to actually engage in debate. Gotcha.

And yes, any good coach would be a target for a high-level program like South Carolina. But, a head coach with a long tenure at USC (6 years I believe) under a head coach who is now the athletic director of that same University presents a particularly obvious target. I don't like the idea that Clemson is essentially helping audition their next head coach.

I don't know how to parse "competing for and winning championships by year 4 or 5." If he hasn't won a championship by year 5 he should be dismissed, correct? Do NCAA appearances matter at all? They didn't for Jack, so conversely I assume that as long as Monte can bring home an ACC tournament title every 4 or 5 years you are equally content to stay home from the tournament 3 or 4 years out of 5.

Also, you're being quite the revisionist. You had plenty of nasty things to say to me any time I said anything in defense of Jack Leggett. Your mantra and constant refrain was "championships." You were not willing to engage in any qualitative discussion about the relative merits of anything because the only thing that mattered was "championships."

Just like you dismissed B-D, you do not engage in debates because you cannot defend your staunchly held postiions. You arrive at an emotional, knee-jerk reaction and then troll this board attacking anyone who doesn't agree with you. This is nowhere more apparent in the dichotomy of your position towards basketball and baseball. One you literally have no standard. The other you have an absolute standard. You always dismiss this as being ridiculous because baseball and basketball shouldn't be held to the same standard. Herein lies the rub for you. Since you know basketball won't ever compete consistently for ACC championships you can't acknowledge it as a standard. But, if you recognize success in the post season as a barometer of the teams overall success (i.e. NCAA tournament appearances, round of 32, sweet sixteen, etc..) then you are invalidating every argument you ever made against Jack Leggett. You're stuck between a rock and hard place and your only solution is pithy replies calling me "pathetic" (calling my list pathetic is an ad hominem attack and you know it). I've come to believe that this is an entirely generational issues. You're completely incapable of reconciling your positions with others and lash out at anyone who disagrees with you. I'm sorry an otherwise grown man was coddled to the point that he can't engage in even the most rudimentary conversation. I have efforted over and over to reboot our discussions and confine them to facts and the conclusions that I choose to draw from them. I'm sorry you can't return the favor.

Jan 24, 2016, 4:13 PM

That's what happens when you look like an idiot in every thread. When you think you are arguing someone for a win or a loss on a board where everyone is supposedly Clemson fans, you have morons like 117 who can't interact with people in person. I'm guessing he is bullied a lot.

So, he gets behind his computer screen and does something he's never got to do before, argue with someone and not get his @ss kicked.

That's what you do when you have nothing to contribute to a conversation. You repeat yourself and throw insults, AKA what 117's posts look like every time

Yes, we probably should ask our new coach to

Jan 24, 2016, 8:28 AM

de-friend anybody he knows that has a connection with Scar.

Not.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2016, 9:51 AM

Dabo and the former National Championship coach at Alabama.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Fire Jack!!! oh, wait we did..Fire Monte!!!!

Jan 24, 2016, 9:55 AM

seriously, dude has friends. Many of us have coot connections (I take medication and shots for mine).

Jan 24, 2016, 9:56 AM

This #### serious?

null

Jan 24, 2016, 10:04 AM

HE'S A MOLE!

Mole is delicious, especially with chicken enchiladas

Jan 24, 2016, 10:17 AM

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223261/authentic-mole-sauce/

So Monte's ties to USuCk will cause him to throw games?***

Jan 24, 2016, 10:36 AM

Re: So Monte's ties to USuCk will cause him to throw games?***

Jan 24, 2016, 10:54 AM

I appreciate his links to SC..it's an advantage for us now.

Jan 24, 2016, 11:28 AM

They all look so mad.. except for him. Must have been taken after the Citadel game.

I like your funny words magic man

yep..monte's all-in!

Jan 24, 2016, 11:53 AM

but he's got sufficient class to support ray tanner in a much-deserved honor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Monte Lee has a job to do

Jan 24, 2016, 12:37 PM

He gets paid a lot of money to do that job. Take the tin foil hat off and realize that he may go places where other teams fans will be. He may be Ray Tanner's friend and is supporting a friend. It doesn't mean that he is going to throw games to help his former team.

Re: Monte Lee has a job to do

Jan 24, 2016, 1:21 PM

I dont like it, but thats just me.

I can't wait for bow tie fad to die***

Jan 24, 2016, 2:41 PM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic