Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting info on Coots Bowl Record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Interesting info on Coots Bowl Record

Jul 17, 2019, 8:48 PM

I was tooling around on the Winsipedia site and came across a listing of bowl results based on winning percentage...Found it interesting that EVERY SEC team has a better bowl record than the Coots! While Vanderbilt does not have 10 bowls, their record is 4-4-1, so they are also better than the coots! The really funny thing is that ALL of the ACC teams except Pittsburgh also have a better bowl record than the coots! Living in the past can be fun sometimes!

http://www.winsipedia.com/ranking/bowl-record

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting info on Coots Bowl Record

Jul 17, 2019, 9:04 PM

Wow! I looked farther...the only power five conference teams with a worse bowl record than the coots are Pittsburgh, Texas Tech, Northwestern, Iowa St and Indiana!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 9:27 PM

I can't help myself!!!! There are 75 power 5 schools. That means that the coots rank 70 out of 75 in bowl game winning percentage among the power 5 schools! LOL!

And it ain't like they were losing to Notre Dame, Alabama,

Jul 17, 2019, 9:38 PM

Oklahoma....No sir, they were losing to Virginia,Connecticut, and Wake Forest....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting info on Coots Bowl Record ]

We also have more wins vs schools currently in the SEC (130) vs SCAR's 117. Let's not forget they've been in the conference 27yrs...

Jul 17, 2019, 9:57 PM

Pretty sure without looking it up Pitt has a title or 2 as well. So there’s that. ????????

Jul 17, 2019, 10:23 PM

Per that site, Pitt has 9 titles!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic