Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting conversation with Vietnam vet in Golden Corral!
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 639
   | View Original Thread |

Interesting conversation with Vietnam vet in Golden Corral!

Jan 31, 2020, 9:43 AM

My wife and I went to Augusta, Ga last weekend to visit a relative at the Augusta Burn Hospital. After that we went to Golden Corral for lunch. My wife went to fix her pakte and I was left on purse duty, you know watch my purse while I go get my lunch. There was this man a little older than me sitting directly behind my wife who had on a retired navy cap, and motorcycle vest that had multiple duty badges from 1960 to 1987 on it. So I asked him how he was doing and told him I appreciated his service and sacrifice, and that I served 11 years in the USAF. Three badges stood out to me, all 2 year tours in Vietnam. I asked if he did 3 tours in Vietnam, and he said yes he was there off and on for 7 years. I said that is crazy, how did you draw the short straw for so long and what he said made me have a whole different level of respect for the man. He was a gunner on a river boat. He said that he felt since he knew sorta what he was doing and was used to it, he was keeping some other 18 year old kid from having to go through what he had endured and come out of. That my friends is a generation like the ones before that this current generation will never understand or come close to equalling. I would have bought his meal if you didn't pay when you come through the line in Golden Corral, but it was really a good day! GOD Bless all those that have served our nation graciously, bravely, and with the knowledge that they at any time might have to make the ultimate sacrifice so that others can live safely and peacefully here in AMERICA!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 639
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic