Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Followed one of y'alls links to the Bama forum...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Followed one of y'alls links to the Bama forum...

Jan 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

Found a really interesting article that makes some key points about the game. Impressed by the writing, as well.

https://news.tidefans.com/2019/01/07/clemson-wrap-up-how-bama-recovers-or-doesnt-will-determine-much-of-programs-future/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Link, thanks

Jan 8, 2019, 11:56 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

What interest me is that while the guy's writing was very...

Jan 8, 2019, 12:06 PM

entertaining it was seriously ignorant of truth. Trevor is just as good at reading a defense as Tua. Had Tua been the best he wouldn't have thrown two of those passes. Trevor threw the ball away the few times he didn't have a shot at a completion.

Tony and Jeff, just like Brent, have had many offers but reject them for two reasons I know of. They love where they are and have better sense than leave. They also haven't been offered a job where they can take our beloved culture with them. They want to raise their children here. Perhaps someday someone will offer them an opportunity to tear down and rebuild.

He also failed to mention the coaching mistakes which lead to the beatdown. It wasn't on the field it was in Bama's defensive calls. Dabo ran all the same stuff we ran all year but altered small keys which deceived Bama's defensive coordinator. The writer gave credit to our OCs and rightly so but he didn't comprehend the depth of the deceptions. Most of Bama's players did their job exactly as taught in those situations. It was the coaching calls that took away their hearts after the game.

Good delusional writing, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting article, but I disagree with one point.

Jan 8, 2019, 12:11 PM

Clemson did not spend the entire month of December planning for Alabama. I think Notre Dame actually had a better defense than Alabama, but lacked the depth to compete the whole game.

The notion that Clemson had some kind of bye in the semifinals while Alabama had to extensively gameplan for the OU "juggernaut" is a joke. The fact is Alabama just plain got outcoached and outplayed. Otherwise, it's a decent assessment of the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow just wow. Clueless.***

Jan 8, 2019, 12:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic