Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Watkins thinks Clemson beats Scar if he was healthy last season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Watkins thinks Clemson beats Scar if he was healthy last season

Mar 28, 2012, 7:59 PM

Watkins thinks Clemson beats Scar if he was healthy last season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love Sammy...but unless he can play o-line and linebacker,

Mar 28, 2012, 8:02 PM

it wasn't going to happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for you Surrounded. Granted catching it would

Mar 28, 2012, 8:04 PM

have helped with game momentum, but wouldn't have stopped the arsewhoopin they put on our D.

Probably best for Sammy to not mention that game anymore. Let's look towards 2012.

Re: Love Sammy...but unless he can play o-line and linebacker,

Mar 28, 2012, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Love Sammy...but unless he can play o-line and linebacker, ]

Sammy is a super talent, probably the best freshman receiver if not the best receiver period in the country last year. Wish we had him but that kind of talk is not helpful.

if our OL & entire D didn't look like swiss cheese & our QB.

Mar 28, 2012, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Love Sammy...but unless he can play o-line and linebacker, ]

wasn't running for his life!...yada...yada...yada...yada.........geez sammy.

Jeez, Coot. You're not fooling anybody.***

Mar 29, 2012, 7:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Mar 29, 2012, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Love Sammy...but unless he can play o-line and linebacker, ]

He missed a sure TD, so did TB, and Nuke Dropped one near the goal line that was important. Granted our Defense was AWOL, but there is no doubt the game may have been much different if we make those catches. Of course we didn't, and the coots may have made some plays they missed on, too, but even with our poor defense, the coots didn't whip us the way they, and some of our own fans, seem to want it to have been and want so desperately to believe. Now the WV, and the NCSU games were old fashioned ---whippings. That is a fact!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2012, 9:27 PM

> but even with our poor
> defense, the coots didn't whip us the way they, and
> some of our own fans, seem to want it to have been
> and want so desperately to believe. Now the WV, and
> the NCSU games were old fashioned ---whippings. That
> is a fact!

It's interesting that would be your perception. In the NC State game, the Wolfpack averaged 5.4 yards per play to clemson's 4.9 yards per play. In the Carolina game, Carolina averaged 5.8 yards per play to clemson's 2.6 yards per play. Looks to me that Carolina put on an "old fashioned whipping" and butt kicking on clemson that night.

Mar 29, 2012, 10:51 PM

All I said was that 3 dropped passes, 2 of which were sure TD's, and the other close to the Red Zone, may have put the game in the win column for the Tigers. It might not have. It really doesn't matter what you think about the dropped passes. The passes weren't caught. If they had been, the outcome may have been very different. If you can't acknowledge that they could have made a difference, then don't. I couldn't care less. The coots did win the game. It is something that hasn't happened very often in their history, but it may happen more in the future, or it may not. They are in their very best era, ever, and it still isn't very impressive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2012, 11:02 PM

Also, in the games against NCSU and WVU, 3 more caught passes by the Tigers wouldn't have meant jack. If you want to think the cooties are a factor, it's okay. You and the other usuc fans can sing a great chorus of "We Shall Overcome", but it means nothing to anybody other than usuc fans.

Mar 31, 2012, 1:31 PM

It obviously means something to you, you are responding after all, and the rest of the Clemson faithful otherwise you wouldn't see players coming out and talking this crap and coaches going off on a rehearsed temper tantrum.

gotta walk the walk if your gonna talk the talk

Mar 28, 2012, 8:05 PM

this is is silly, we probably beat wvu if the D doesn't give up 70

Actually, if the D only gave up 69 we would have still lost

Mar 28, 2012, 8:10 PM

36...but I know what you mean!

I hate that kind of talk. Injuries are part of the game.

Mar 28, 2012, 8:27 PM

They were missing some starters, Lattimore and I forget who else. It's better to keep mouths shut.

Re: I hate that kind of talk. Injuries are part of the game.

Mar 28, 2012, 8:29 PM

And their LT but ours was out 90% of the game so thats a push.

Re: I hate that kind of talk. Injuries are part of the game.

Mar 28, 2012, 8:40 PM

Yes, the LT was Kyle Nunn. Our senior OG Terrence Campbell went out in that game with a broken leg. Alshon Jeffery played the game with a broken hand.

That sponge microphone sure does capture a lot of wind

Mar 28, 2012, 8:35 PM

whistles ;]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right though. It would've been a totally different game***

Mar 28, 2012, 8:38 PM

And exactly how do you know that?***

Mar 31, 2012, 11:08 AM

Re: Football Player Update: Watkins thinks Clemson beats Scar if he was healthy last season

Mar 28, 2012, 8:46 PM

I love Sammy, but, hate that kind of talk. The coots had a pretty good running back that missed the game if I remember correctly.

If a frog had wings

Mar 28, 2012, 8:47 PM

This is the kind of what if that leads to the Bowden syndrome. As opposed to "what if" the focus needs to be "just win baby". One play hurts but there were still another 100.

Re: Football Player Update: Watkins thinks Clemson beats Scar if he was healthy last season

Mar 28, 2012, 8:56 PM

LOL!! We get blammed for "coot logic" all the time. This is FREAKIN HILARIOUS!! Sammy's been hanging with old coots lately I see!! LOL!!

Mar 28, 2012, 10:57 PM

Yeah. The difference is...this is a Clemson message board. So, Clemson fans' opinions are welcome here.

You...not so much.

I've been miserable before. But I've never resorted to being on opponent's message boards for more than a 5 minute stint.

You've been here all fuggin' day. What gives?

Interesting. Alshon caught his TD pass with a broken hand.

Mar 28, 2012, 9:13 PM

Not sure why Sammy dropped his. But all I know is after that opportunity, Tajh was running for his life. Was Sammy going to play OL if he was healthy?

Re: Interesting. Alshon caught his TD pass with a broken hand.

Mar 28, 2012, 9:26 PM

I cringe thinking how bad it could have been. The LOS is where i've preached to my brethren for years. Most all Tiger fans want are fast RB's and receivers. No one ever thinks about the LOS. Just us old football guys who saw it with our own eyes.

Mar 29, 2012, 6:54 AM

don't know how you came up with the notion about our fans not realizing how important the l.o.s.' are. i haven't seen anyone post that, in fact just the opposite would be true.

Mar 29, 2012, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting. Alshon caught his TD pass with a broken hand. ]

TU!!! I've been preaching this for a long time, too. The skill players has not been our problem. It has mainly been that "Dancing Bear" OL that has cost us so dearly.

I think most fans know how important the l.o.s. is,

Mar 29, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting. Alshon caught his TD pass with a broken hand. ]

especially after the '08 season.

AMEN LOS is where it is at and they have kicked our...

Mar 31, 2012, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Interesting. Alshon caught his TD pass with a broken hand. ]

butts lately.

I think he might just be right .

Mar 28, 2012, 9:14 PM

We are in it early with a healthy Sammy. We will never know. I like Sammy's confidence. He's not bragging.

if i hadn't choked, we'd have done better #sammy***

Mar 29, 2012, 12:45 AM

If I had more sense I wouldn't let my child on the internet

Mar 29, 2012, 9:55 AM

#yourmom

Hollaman also dropped a sure INT for a td...

Mar 29, 2012, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I think he might just be right . ]

On the first play of the game. We scored our only td when the refs missed a call on the dropped punt. SC started a true frosh at LT due to injury AND they were missing a Heisman hopeful rb. Sammy needs to keep playing great fb, but keep his mouth shut!!

You guys are freaking silly

Mar 28, 2012, 9:42 PM

Calling Sammy out for honestly answering a question. When he says Clemson could have won if he made that catch, he carries that with him. You don't know how badly he was hurt. And he's right; if he makes that catch, the game changes. Shame on you for calling him cootish by making excuses.

This has nothing to do with Lattimore. He never played in the game. Sammy's comment was this: If I make that catch, we win. He might be right but we'll never know.

Furthermore...

Mar 28, 2012, 10:53 PM

We've got a rising Sophomore lamenting the USC game. ALL OF THEM should be thinking back on "What could I have done better" on that game. Kudos to Sammy for 'getting it' after just one year. BEAT USC!

Let's Face It - Sammy is AWESOME. IF he sez he was tired OK.

Mar 28, 2012, 10:14 PM

As a side note, if I would have studied and attended more classes at Clemson, I could have been a doctor.

Keep up the great work Sammy and remember those "could haves" are meaningless in the end.

sammy dropkins***

Mar 29, 2012, 12:46 AM

Re: sammy dropkins***

Mar 29, 2012, 6:57 AM

usuc fans can go play with doo-doo clowney. we'll keep mr.watkins.

stephen "the case" car-key-a***

Mar 29, 2012, 9:56 AM [ in reply to sammy dropkins*** ]

Eleven ignored user posts in one thread! Life is good.

Mar 29, 2012, 7:30 AM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Boy oh boy

Mar 29, 2012, 9:43 AM

One little article with Watkins and coots and all the little cockroach trolls come out of the woodward and trash cans like a freakin feeding frenzy. Don't worry, I'll toss my Snickers wrapper in the garbage once I'm done with it so ya'll can have something else to munch on.

I think the title of the article was a little missleading. Should have read, "Sammy comments on dropped pass in USC game". College football is very dependent on momentum. He wishes he could have had that one back. That may have been the only one he dropped all year... still, if he catches it, it may or may not have changed the outcome.

Was he healthy for WV?***

Mar 29, 2012, 9:55 AM

also

Mar 29, 2012, 10:50 AM

if the usc defense didn't ass-pound the clemson o-line then clemson would have definitely won the game

#quitters

Sammy is the man... but that kind of crap is lame.***

Mar 29, 2012, 12:29 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2012, 11:23 PM

Shoulda coulda woulda's are never a good thing in sports. They are expressions of regret. USC had players injured as well. What if our best O-lineman, Kyle Nunn, was not hurt? What if our best player was not sidelined?

I don't know, go talk about it on FGF.

Mar 31, 2012, 12:41 PM

Leave.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well we didn't for the 3rd year in a row. I like Sammy,....

Mar 31, 2012, 11:03 AM

but why make statements like that now?

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic