Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting 2014 attendance stats: Clemson vs SC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,285

Interesting 2014 attendance stats: Clemson vs SC

Sep 15, 2015, 10:07 AM

Clemson: stadium seats 371 more than SC
(81,752 vs 81,381)

Clemson had 2598 more fans thru 7 home games in 2014..

Clemson's ranking was 15th; SC 16th.

All good & fine for a small state with 2 large universities who have to split up the limited football base..

BUT, the irony of these almost identical attendance figures for 2014 is:

Clemson has about 1/3 less fans in the state due to being much smaller & 100 years younger..and is hidden in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains so not located centrally (in the Capitol where the powerful & Rich work hard for uSC to excel via $)..

So, Clemson has less money than SC..

Plus, Clemson is in a terrible FB Conference (ACC) vs the SEC so it doesn't get talked about or bragged on as much ( by ESPN talking heads)..

Still, the bottom line is that CLEMSON, in head to head football contests (remember that the 1st 60 or so games were played away in Columbia until 1960)..

Has a 24 game win advantage over USC, and is packing Death Valley every game with some of the most vocal fans in college football!

GoTiGERS Everywhere..keeP RocKing Em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting 2014 attendance stats: Clemson vs SC

Sep 15, 2015, 10:14 AM

Don't understand the 100 years younger. 'splain

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

might be best if bill sobers up first...***

Sep 15, 2015, 10:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you an ESPN analyst?***

Sep 15, 2015, 10:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC founded 100 yrs earlier so more Alumni & $ & influence, etc.

Sep 15, 2015, 10:49 AM

Yes, both schools started playing FB about same time BUT SC had a Hundred Year Head Start on numbers of potential fan support, $, better central location, legislature in their hip pocket, more buildings that were built with cheaper money, etc.

Got iT now!! USC has had an unfair or at least an advantage over Clemson due to being established about 100 years earlier.

But the TiGERs have it going these days..and pack their stadium as well as them..and Is Known as the Football school in the state..with 24 more head-to-head wins!

GoTiGs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You appear to be in love with the SEC***

Sep 15, 2015, 3:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope....LBU just lights up when you talk about Clemson.

Sep 15, 2015, 3:53 PM

He is all Clemson Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness to USC (and I hate saying this)

Sep 15, 2015, 3:56 PM [ in reply to SC founded 100 yrs earlier so more Alumni & $ & influence, etc. ]

probably not many of those fans from their first 100 years are still around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In fairness to USC (and I hate saying this)

Sep 15, 2015, 3:58 PM

Their coach is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LBB - Jax St is #6 in attendance - no wonder they almost kicked Awbarn's ####!

Sep 15, 2015, 10:46 AM

oh wait, that's #6 in the FCS....

15,573 per game.

Dang; the pitiful Braves draw more than that....

Re: LBB - Jax St is #6 in attendance - no wonder they almost kicked Awbarn's ####!

Sep 15, 2015, 11:38 AM

The U draws less that that. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right!***

Sep 15, 2015, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Interesting 2014 attendance stats: Clemson vs SC

Sep 15, 2015, 4:45 PM

I wouldn't consider Columbia as a location for "the powerful and rich". Agreed it is the seat of government and probably has its fair share of corrupt politicians. But, no one is going to get rich working for the state and private industry is much stronger in the Upstate and Charleston. That's where the money is, except for tax money which goes to DC and cootville.

You are close LBB

Sep 15, 2015, 6:07 PM

1801 versus 1889

88 years

88 years is about what I'll live (Re: You are close LBB)

Sep 15, 2015, 7:33 PM

Ha..GoTiGERS!

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,285
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic