Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insubstantial U beat us in baseball .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,373

Insubstantial U beat us in baseball .

Mar 5, 2019, 2:50 AM

We may not qualify for the NCAA basketball tourney a year after a Sweet 16 affair .
These things are tough on a fan like me .

Then I think about our football program . It certainly belays any fears or apprehensions about other things going on in CU athletics . It's a salve . A nice looking dessert menu . A flower blooming year round , even with snow in the forecast .

Yeah , I want Clemson to excel at all . I don't want to ever lose to a coot again , in anything . Thinking about what we have in Dabo and the football stuff though ... you just have to beam that smile and keep your head held high ! We are on top of the biggest mountain in college sports .
No substitute for that feeling right there .

Go Tigers ! Beat Furman !
Go Tigers ! Beat Notre Dame !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Insubstantial U beat us in baseball .

Mar 5, 2019, 3:32 AM

Lets not forget the beat down in Hockey;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 10:13 AM

Everything counts with the Beaked Freaks .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 5, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Insubstantial U beat us in baseball . ]

Literally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 5, 2019, 9:55 AM

It may not work but I think Monte is trying to throw the young pitchers in the fire early.

They are more talented, but this may cause us to take a few lumps early in the season.

What I am hoping is that it gets them ready for the stretch run so the Tigers can make a little more noise in the post season.

What we have been missing the last couple of years when we can't get out of regionals is a pitcher that can put the team on his back.

I think some of these freshmen have that capability, but we can't wait until late in the year to get them ready for the moment.

Again, I'm not sure that this will work this season.

It may pay off by next year when the talent is a little more experienced.

However, I am hoping that the talent will start to shine as we go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 10:12 AM

Certainly looks like we have some really good younger players . I agree , let 'em play and build their resume .

DB23

Mar 5, 2019, 12:56 PM

Absolutely, just as I've said before, our team is very young without veteran experience!!! And when a coach has time to bring young guys along with veteran guys to hold the team up, that is what they do but, when the veteran talent isn't there, they have to put their young guys in the hot seat and let them take their lumps as our guys are having to do!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,373
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic