Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Reed info
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mike Reed info

Dec 11, 2012, 2:16 PM

Mike Reed's Coaching Career
Year(s): Team - Position
2000: Kiel Hurricanes* - Defensive Backs
2000-01: Richmond - Wide Receivers/Tight Ends/Defensive Backs
2002: Philadelphia Eagles - Assistant Coach (Defensive Backs/Special Teams)
2003-06: Philadelphia Eagles - Defensive Assistant/Quality Control
2007-pres.: NC State - Defensive Backs
*German Professional League

PLAYING EXPERIENCE: College - Lettered at cornerback at Boston College from 1991-94. Was a first-team All-ECAC and second-team All-Big East performer in 1993. Team captain in 1994 and was a two-time preseason All-American; Professional - Drafted in the seventh round of the 1995 NFL draft by the Carolina Panthers, he spent two seasons there (1996-97); Played for the NFL Europe's Frankfurt Galaxy (1998-99). Team captain of the 1999 World Bowl Championship team.

EDUCATION: Earned a B.S. in communications with a minor in secondary education from Boston College in 1994.

PERSONAL DATA: Born 8/16/72 in Wilmington, Del. Married to the former Kimberly Byrd of Boston, the couple has two daughters, Michaela Rae (4) and Milan Skye (1).

BOWL EXPERIENCE: At NC State - 2011 Belk Bowl, 2010 Champs Sports Bowl, 2008 Papajohns.com Bowl.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS: As a coach - Position coach for 2011 Thorpe Award finalist David Amerson. Amerson was also first-team All-ACC and won the Jack Tatum Award. Amerson set a new NC State and ACC record with 13 interceptions, only one of the national record of 14. Also oversaw a unit that picked off a school record 27 interceptions on the season. Junior safeties Brandon Bishop and Earl Wolff were were both named honorable mention All-ACC. The 2010 unit that picked off nine passes, including three in two different games. Corner back C.J. Wilson became the first Wolfpack player since 1966 to return two interceptions for scores in the same season. Coached a defensive backfield that intercepted a dozen passes in 2008, leading the team to 18 total picks to tie for 15th nationally. In 2007, coached second-team All-ACC safety DaJuan Morgan. 2007 Wolfpack defense ranked 25th nationally in passing efficiency defense. In the NFL, the Philadelphia Eagles advanced to the NFC Championship game in 2002, 2003 and 2004, winning the NFC Championship and going to the Super Bowl in 2004. The 2004 team set a franchise record with 13 regular season wins. Won the NFC East Division title four of the five seasons Reed was with the Eagles. The team made the playoffs from 2002-2004 and again in 2006. Eagles' defense sent five players to the Pro Bowl in 2002, four players in 2004 and two more in 2006 and finished second in the league in points allowed (16.3) in 2004. As a player - team captain as a senior at Boston College in 1994, he was a first-team All-ECAC performer and second-team All-Big East performer in 1993. A seventh-round draft pick, he was Mr. Irrelevant of the 1995 draft. Team captain of NFL Europe's Frankfurt Galaxy during the 1999 World Bowl Championship team.

PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS COACHED: At NC State - DaJuan Morgan; At Richmond - Stacy Tutt; With Philadelphia Eagles - Shawn Barber, Sheldon Brown, Brian Dawkins, Rod Hood, Will James, Dhani Jones, Mike Lewis, Ike Reese, Lito Sheppard, Jason Short, Marc Simoneau, Jeremiah Trotter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Brian Dawkins connection will pay dividends.***

Dec 11, 2012, 2:19 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, I went to the Clemson-NC State game and State had

Dec 11, 2012, 2:30 PM

the worst defense I had seen in years. I've never seen it look easier for our offense to pass up and down the field. And that's who we hired?

Instead of Mike, I would rather have Ed***

Dec 11, 2012, 2:31 PM

I wonder if no one

Dec 11, 2012, 2:44 PM

wouldn't do a better job than the last guy did. seriously, after watching two senior safeties get worse every year they spent with him, I really wonder.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instead of Mike,

Dec 11, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Instead of Mike, I would rather have Ed*** ]

After losing the PGA in a playoff, he has about smoked himself to death.

Amerson never impressed me

Dec 11, 2012, 3:25 PM

liked to jump routes for interceptions but got beat deep by fast receivers/fooled by double-moves. Saw him play in person twice this year (vs Tenn and vs Clem)

I feel this is more becuase of what happened last year

Dec 11, 2012, 3:48 PM

he was one of the leaders in ints last year and got cocky. He then began to get overaggressive and tried to predict/jump routes thinking he had the play call, thus a double move killed him all year. I think of it along the same lines of a great shot blocker in basketball. If they know that they are good at it they get cocky and want to do it all the time, thus a simple pump fake will get them every single time

Re: Mike Reed info

Dec 11, 2012, 3:27 PM

Terrible news if true. That NC State defense was downright garbage

Re: Mike Reed info

Dec 11, 2012, 3:49 PM

It was hot garbage, thank you very much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic