Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's up with Nnoko?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,797

What's up with Nnoko?

Jan 11, 2015, 5:45 AM

Tnet experts.
Hurt?
Lost confidence?
Not moving feet?
Acc refs giving him the booker treatment?

I was encouraged by his play towards the end of last season. This season he seems to have regressed.

Tia

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's up with Nnoko?

Jan 11, 2015, 7:04 AM

I have also been wondering that. Coming into this year, I thought he was going to be the man. I truthfully think the loss of KJ hurt him the worse. When KJ slashed to the basket, opposing centers would step out to defend him, leaving Nnoko wide open in the paint. You don't see many people on this team put their head down and get to the rim, like KJ did. I wonder if there is some stat that shows how many of Nnoko's points came off of assist last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good point about kj

Jan 11, 2015, 7:52 AM

I expected Rod Hall to be more aggressive driving the basket this season and dishing to Nnoko.

Re: What's up with Nnoko?

Jan 11, 2015, 7:18 AM

I wonder too. I know this year he seems to have constant foul trouble for some reason. Djitte and Smith have looked pretty good when in there

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very happy with their contribution yesterday.******

Jan 11, 2015, 7:42 AM

In a slump. Was struggling just to get a touch for

Jan 11, 2015, 8:12 AM

several games. Yesterday he got some but didn't convert. Best thing is Djitte does appear to be coming on and has had several good games in a row. Neither is going to be a main scoring threat but we need both to convert when they get the chances.

Re: In a slump. Was struggling just to get a touch for

Jan 11, 2015, 8:27 AM

Not great senior leadership on this team. Hall looks like a turnover waiting to happen.

Since KJ's departure, Clemson's entire offense has looked

Jan 11, 2015, 9:05 AM

hesitant. Landry maybe more than most. As Jaron begins to develop more of an offensive presence, it'd be great if the two of them could develop an interplay similar to that between McDaniels and Nnoko last season.....If Blossomgame can develop a scintilla of an outside shot--8 to 12ft, it'll open up the lanes for everyone. We saw what he did yesterday when he drew some attention after a 3pointer

Nnoko continues to be a work in progress--basically learning the nuances of his position. He still has trouble with positioning...especially on defense and other teams take advantage...which gets him into foul trouble....I imagine sitting on the bench for long periods in foul difficulty screws with developing a sense of comfort against an opponents defense.

And I agree with some of the other posters about Djitte...who is ALSO still learning the game underneath the basket....he provides more athleticism than Nnoko...and has played pretty well coming off the bench the last couple of weeks or so. If he could become more consistent and play smart, he could provide Clemson with valuable minutes.

Just a quick kudo to Coach Brownell and staff & the team for having the foresight to switch to a zone defense against Pitt and the effort/ability to make it effective....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since KJ's departure, Clemson's entire offense has looked

Jan 11, 2015, 9:33 AM

Good point. It was well played. You would think they play a lot of zone.than they do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hesitant is the key word - in most of our worst games over

Jan 11, 2015, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Since KJ's departure, Clemson's entire offense has looked ]

the past couple of years, it looks like our scoring droughts come from everyone looking scared to be the next guy to miss a shot. This runs the shot clock down to where we have to force it up, Or result in a turnover because of having to hurry at the end. I like them better when open guys just take the shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, Djitte sems to be a better athlete then Nnoko

Jan 11, 2015, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Since KJ's departure, Clemson's entire offense has looked ]

Both are same height ... who is "better" ? TODAY I think its Djitte, but then again I think with Nnoko its a confidence thing ... also, Nnoko seems "tougher" .... actually ... BOTH these guys in WITH Blossingame AND Donte AND Hall ... I would say a preety could five .... problem with this set is only one guard .... :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inside out offense

Jan 11, 2015, 10:17 AM

Coach seemed to stress getting ball into paint yesterday vs settling for jump shot. Involving all in offense worked better. More touches for LN and SD a good thing

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,797
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic