Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have been staying out of all of these Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I have been staying out of all of these Basketball

Feb 15, 2020, 7:55 PM

discussions because I have not seen many of the games, but when you beat 2 top five teams in a year, it is hard to think that the coaching stinks or the team stinks.

I know they are barely above .500 but this team can play and this coach can coach, so why the inconsistency ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been staying out of all of these Basketball

Feb 15, 2020, 8:05 PM

Coaching?

If we miss all those free throws against Lullville

Feb 15, 2020, 8:06 PM

Who’s to blame?

Until you realize that if you can beat two top five teams

Feb 15, 2020, 8:28 PM

you shouldn't lose to crappy teams.

Re: Until you realize that if you can beat two top five teams

Feb 15, 2020, 8:33 PM

What is shows is Tigers have capability to beat teams that may win the Natty yet can barely finish .500. That means talent is present. Therefore something else is missing: motivation, consistency, maturity or coaching/ability to have them “up” for every game?

Feb 15, 2020, 9:33 PM

Actually means nothing of the sort. Brownell gets more from less than anyone in the conference. You don’t know what you are watching or what you are looking at. Couldn’t be more obvious. Brownell is beating McDonald’s all Americans and nba players with 2.5 star talent. You whiners have no knowledge of sports or basketball at all. Embarassing. Go follow another program.

Feb 16, 2020, 7:21 AM

We have better talent than 2.5 generally. Simms is a 4 star, Dawes 4 star, Trapp 3 star, Jemison 3 star, Mack 4 star, K Moore 4 star, J Newman 3 star. I agree though that we have beaten some better talent obviously though. Luckily our talent is improving with 2 good classes in a row. The future is bright.

Feb 16, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Until you realize that if you can beat two top five teams ]

Nice pulse

Injuries! How many games have we played with our original

Feb 16, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Until you realize that if you can beat two top five teams ]

starting five? We have had games with 2-3 players out at the same time. If Simms plays against Notre Dame, we win. Our inside game struggles without him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 8:47 PM

One thing that isn’t easy to “quantify” is that there are contributors on this team that have never played D1 ball that have experience and confidence now, they couldn’t have possessed at the beginning of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 9:18 PM

What about coming off the 2017-18 season with Reed, Thomas, Mitchell and Sims. No NCAA. This is Bowden 2004-2007 all over again.

Feb 16, 2020, 7:25 AM

I think Mitchell was kind of hurt much of the season. We also really missed Gabe Devoe and his 3's that were always saving the day the year before. It was a disappointing season though.

Feb 16, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been staying out of all of these Basketball ]

More specifically.... Hemenway and Dawes. Both have played increasingly better ball over the current season. That’s a fact and what Inwas referring to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We lost our two best players off that team in Donte and Gabe

Feb 16, 2020, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I have been staying out of all of these Basketball ]

and Shelton was a shell of himself, it wasn't the same team

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2020, 10:56 PM

Because if you flip a coin 10 times, sometime it ends up on heads 7 times and tails 3 even though the long term probability is 50/50.

So, our career 29% 3 point shooters sometimes do much better than that. If several of them do it at the same time, we are competitive or win.

If several of them shoot below their average at the same time, we score 20 points in a half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T. O. said accurately that 3 pt. shooting is contagious,

Feb 15, 2020, 11:05 PM

Since Hemenway has come back from injury, his 3 pt. shooting has been off the chart. Teammates see is and watch his style and mimic - ergo! Also, in practice, I am sure he shares his technique with his teammates. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: T. O. said accurately that 3 pt. shooting is contagious,

Feb 16, 2020, 7:01 AM

Brownell should be considered for coach of the year.

Feb 16, 2020, 7:25 AM

Good wins? Absolutely. But I think calling both teams top 5 is a huge stretch in reality. Yes, I know it is what the ranking say. Let’s see where they all rank at seasons end.
The acc is way down this and past years. Top heavy of recent and this year - probably only 3 teams to dance, and none that are 1 seeds, maybe 1 - that is 2 seed. Just not strong.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 12:30 PM

That’s not how that works though.

We beat two top five teams this season, end sentence.

Feb 16, 2020, 9:09 AM

Why do Louisville and Duke, both in the top five, lose to a crappy team like Clemson? Is it the coach or the players?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 9:11 AM

I certainly blame Coach K.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bc we rely on the jump shot and half the time we can't shoot

Feb 16, 2020, 12:00 PM

All of our shooters are streaky and inevitably we get in ruts where we can't score. Teams that have good perimeter defense cause this team problems. Most teams we play are bigger than us inside, so our forwards need to be able to hit mid range shots. Like what happened again at Cuse and Lville. We match up better with Duke than VT or FSU.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic