Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
InfoWars and the MAGA kids
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 697

InfoWars and the MAGA kids

Jan 23, 2019, 2:44 PM

Okay, so we all know the Covington kids aren't the little demons as they were originally portrayed. They were the targets. And we've established the professional media as a whole dropped the ball. They've run corrections and now have the story right, but obviously there is some need of self-reflection on their part.

Which is why I wasn't surprised that InfoWars comes in over the top landblasting the media as a whole for getting the story wrong at first. And, of course, I recognize that probably 99 percent of you reading this know InfoWars is a BS, fake news website. Those who actually believe it are a few among us.

But therein lies the problem.

Let's hop back to February of last year following the Parkland school shooting. InfoWars led the charge in libeling the survivors of the shooting by calling them paid crisis actors and declaring the shooting a conspiracy, just like they did with Sandy Hook (Alex Jones is now being sued over this). They offered no retraction (THIS is a time when a retraction is used).

We see this emerge from people who consume sites like InfoWars and their like. Declare the professional media conspirators and manifesting this grand agenda (quite laughable that anyone thinks they're all assisting each other; for example, the NY Times and WaPo are staunch competitors) while believing any amount of horse crap spewed by those sites.

The difference we see is clear: The professional media has, collectively, over this Covington story pulled an "Oops, our bad" and made the corrections.

These fringe websites never do that. And short of a libel suit, there are no consequences for actions.

Thus, Americans who devour those sites, and a select few on here, take these fiction sites as garbage and actually believe everything in the major media is made up (while at the same time claiming they don't watch or read the major media).

And as a side note, I fully expect the main Covington boy and his parents to file libel/slander suits, but his attorney needs to tell him to stop giving interviews and remaining in the public spotlight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Infowars is a lunatic fringe website.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:47 PM

So yes.. I agree we should certainly not give an ounce of credibility to anyone using it as reference material.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

But there's the rub...

Jan 23, 2019, 2:50 PM

At some point, it becomes dangerous and harmful, like with Parkland.

It would be like the WaPo sticking to the original version of the Covington story and some of us here continuing to push the narrative. And to be fair, I have seen some individuals elsewhere continuing to try to place the blame on the kids despite the facts to the contrary.

I dunno. Some disturbing refusal to let go of preferred narratives nowadays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

do you care if the lib wacko sites retract anything?

Jan 23, 2019, 2:53 PM

who gives a flip what blogs do. Trying to lump a blog to legit news orgs is a little disingenuous.

I'm more concerned about "legit" orgs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of this morning,

Jan 23, 2019, 2:58 PM

the MSNBC website still had "Native American man harassed by high schoolers, tells his story" on the front page.

GO TIGERS!!

Plenty of people do. That's the problem.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:10 PM [ in reply to do you care if the lib wacko sites retract anything? ]

Not a fan of lib wacko sites, either.

And I care about any website not retracting an intentionally made-up story that causes harm to innocent people.

What if they retract an intentionally made up story, but

Jan 23, 2019, 3:17 PM

continue to try to push their original narrative by posting those pics of the 'blackout'? There was, and continues to be plenty of that going on.

They're pulling the predictable, "Ok, we were wrong about the situation.....this time. BUT LOOK, I SWEAR THEY GOT A RACISM PROBLEM, so we're not totally wrong!!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meanwhile, black israelites laughing it up

Jan 23, 2019, 3:20 PM

same goes for Antifa and all the Soros backed groups created to create problems

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:24 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good luck on that. you have a billions websites

Jan 23, 2019, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Plenty of people do. That's the problem. ]

spreading 9/11 conspiracies.
Flat earthers.
you have vial liberal websites that millions of libs read, etc....

free speech.

Infowars gets 14,000,000 unique hits per month. Think about

Jan 23, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to do you care if the lib wacko sites retract anything? ]

that. They've surpassed "blog" status.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But there's the rub...

Jan 23, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to But there's the rub... ]

Alex Jones is a nutcase, but I thank the lord he exists because he makes some great meme material.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRLCBb7qK8

What needs to happen is for these "fringe" sites

Jan 23, 2019, 2:48 PM

and the legitimate ones as well to find the Black Hebrew Israelites involved, interview them, and then we will find out if the LEFT will reject them and their rhetoric....

I would be honestly shocked...

Jan 23, 2019, 2:50 PM

To see any of them agree to an interview now that the real video is out.

Oh they would.. They believe what they say wholeheartedly.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:53 PM

But the media would never put themselves in the line of that fire. That's a lose lose for them. And they'll end up being called racist for it in the end by the radical social media mob.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Oh they would.. They believe what they say wholeheartedly.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:41 PM

Yeah but lets be real, we would all pay to see Alex Jones vs. BHI. Especially if Paul Finebaum was the moderator.

Take my $$$$***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:47 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Agree, but the attempt should be made

Jan 23, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I would be honestly shocked... ]

Maybe the effort will drive them back into hiding....

they dont reject Farrakhan so dont hold your breath***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to What needs to happen is for these "fringe" sites ]

How do you know what Infowars is saying

Jan 23, 2019, 2:49 PM

about this?

Some of my Facebox friends have poor judgment.***

Jan 23, 2019, 2:51 PM

Ah, I see.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:57 PM

If they are sharing stories from there, which I have experienced, you can use the option of "muting" everything from the InfoWars page. Then you'll no longer see them, no matter how many of your friends post them.

If they are posting a link, maybe not so easy. If they were frequent offenders, I'd probably choose to unfollow the friend.

That is, if avoiding the InfoWars stories is something you would desire.

I generally like to know that people I know are posting

Jan 23, 2019, 2:59 PM

things like that. Lets me know to avoid these people because they are ignorant or stupid or both..

GO TIGERS!!

Well, like I said, you can unfollow a friend...

Jan 23, 2019, 3:01 PM

Which means you'll never see what they post, unless you go to their page on purpose, or perhaps if another friend interacts with their posts.

If you want to rule out all opportunities of interaction, that would be the "block" option, but that would also prevent them from seeing your posts, which is usually option I don't exercise.

It just occurred to me you might be talking about avoiding

Jan 23, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I generally like to know that people I know are posting ]

actual real-world interaction, in which my advice wouldn't help. Who does real-world interaction anymore, anyway? LOL

I actually was.. lol***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:05 PM

GO TIGERS!!

It takes a lot to get unfollowed or removed from my list

Jan 23, 2019, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Ah, I see. ]

Here are the people I've unfollowed or unfriended:

-Someone who sent me endless Candy Crush invites.
-Someone who posted about the same #### so many times in one day that I couldn't see any else's stuff.
-Someone who wouldn't stop posting about their kids' bodily functions and asking me to pray for them. Also was an anti-vaxxer.
-An old high school classmate who I never knew that well who kept calling herself "Star Child" when she posted. Nope. Bye.
-Two people who kept spreading the Parkland shooting lies.

Other than that, I'm pretty strict about not removing someone over politics or anything else. I'd rather debate, discuss, and try to reason. I still like to share a beer with those people anyway.

I see, no problem.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:13 PM

I tried interacting with my friends on political subjects around the time of the 2016 election, and it did not go well, and I vowed never to do it again. I'd rather pretend my friends don't have political opinions.

Re: It takes a lot to get unfollowed or removed from my list

Jan 23, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to It takes a lot to get unfollowed or removed from my list ]

You could do what I did and just delete your facebook.

No way, dude.

Jan 23, 2019, 9:59 PM

Where else will I see old high school classmates peddling Rodan and Fields ####?

It seems like Facebook and your friends are the problem

Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Some of my Facebox friends have poor judgment.*** ]

here.

If you dumped facebook and your friends that offend you, you wouldn't have to deal with this.

My friends don't offend me and there's no problem.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:33 PM

He asked me where I saw the article, and I answered him.

There's a problem enough that you made a post regarding

Jan 23, 2019, 3:44 PM

info wars. They make wild, outlandish, ridiculous claims all the time. Why does that website bother you today?

Pretty sure I explained it.***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:48 PM

whatevs. I might have to hunt down that kid to cash in on

Jan 23, 2019, 3:04 PM

the beej from that SNL writer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

knew this was coming sooner or later***

Jan 23, 2019, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you ever turn your keen mind to the way the left gets a

Jan 23, 2019, 3:32 PM

pass on everything by the media, please advise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so CNN = InfoWars? ooooookay

Jan 23, 2019, 3:42 PM

Infowars is a fringe of the fringe on the far right fringe. To equate their actions to that of CNN, CNBC and the like really tells me a whole lot about CNN et al.

A free Press does not equal a free to do and say as they please with no repercussions Press.

Info wars is being sued as you say. CNN et al should suffer the same fate. However a lawsuit may send InfoWars the way of Gawker. The same suit would be a blip on the insurance premium of CNN.

Re: so CNN = InfoWars? ooooookay

Jan 23, 2019, 3:44 PM

CNN is garbage. Why do righties always prop up CNN?

InfoWars are Kooks. Why does the left run there to justify

Jan 23, 2019, 3:48 PM

your hate?

I couldnt tell you what InfoWars says. ..... Because they are batshit crazy.

But the mainstream news media is the equivalent on the left of InfoWars on the right.....Per the OP

No, that's not "Per the OP".

Jan 23, 2019, 6:49 PM

You can only interpret that if you have poor reading comprehension.

so, where do you get yer news?***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: so CNN = InfoWars? ooooookay ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Ummmm

Jan 23, 2019, 6:48 PM [ in reply to so CNN = InfoWars? ooooookay ]

How on earth did you take any of what you just typed out of my post? Go back and read it again.

Was expecting them to claim they were actors or something

Jan 23, 2019, 3:54 PM

The problem is that every time the real media lazily goes along with a story because it fits into their narrative, it also feeds the narrative of the conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy theorists can't see things as isolated screw ups, it's always got to be evidence of a wider corruption.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was expecting them to claim they were actors or something

Jan 23, 2019, 3:57 PM

Exactly.

That was two pretty big screw ups in a week, though***

Jan 23, 2019, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Was expecting them to claim they were actors or something ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was two pretty big screw ups in a week, though***

Jan 23, 2019, 4:18 PM

Luckily for the left, Fox came in hot and blew it themselves for a sec jumping the gun.

Re: Was expecting them to claim they were actors or something

Jan 23, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Was expecting them to claim they were actors or something ]

That's a good point. The nut job sites see correlation, or at least try to fool their weak-minded readers that it's there for ad clicks.

Re: InfoWars and the MAGA kids

Jan 23, 2019, 4:02 PM

I might kinda find the infowars conspiracy theories entertaining, if they didn't suggest conspiracies that revolved around school shootings. That crosses a line. I don't ever look at their site...mainly for that reason

Replies: 48
| visibility 697
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic