Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy.

Jun 14, 2018, 10:49 PM

Liberalism is a mental illness.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/14/indiana-teacher-i-was-forced-to-resign-because-i-wont-pretend-boys-can-be-girls/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope his personal stand was worth his job

Jun 14, 2018, 10:57 PM

If thats what he wanted to do then fine. No need to make him into a martyr

Well he's a high school orchastra teacher

Jun 15, 2018, 9:17 AM

so he could probably deliver pizza for Dominos and make more money. Oh and then sue and make a lot more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Well, that's literally the definition of a martyr...***

Jun 15, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Hope his personal stand was worth his job ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is something fishy

Jun 14, 2018, 10:58 PM

about a male orchestra teacher questioning someone else's sexuality.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hell i thought i was on the football board***

Jun 14, 2018, 11:00 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hell i thought i was on the football board***

Jun 14, 2018, 11:02 PM

I doubt memphis can tell the difference right now

You turning into a Pub?

Jun 16, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to there is something fishy ]

Cuz you sound like one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:35 PM

Kind of sad. I, not a liberal feel that if one identifies as a certain gender or orientation, they deserve the respect to be treated and addressed like it.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:43 PM

Do you alert your children that they must beware of this type individual? So which public restroom and shower do your feel they should use when in that setting and have a need?
Please do not say '"whichever they feel comfortable using'"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tell my son and duaghter to use the Bathroom

Jun 15, 2018, 8:18 AM

When they need to use the bathroom.
If they are shy use the stall.

Do I have to worry about you being in the bathroom when I send my son in?

Pervert is not gender specific.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

yeah exactly

Jun 15, 2018, 1:46 PM

I have never understood the "dont want them in there with my daughter" logic. If a pervert wants to commit an act in a bathroom they will do it regardless of "bathroom rules". (kinda like the bad guys will always get guns argument right?).

Nobody is pretending to be transgender so they can go into the other bathroom to do something. If they did something, them being a transgender wouldn't protect them from the law.

In that case, send them into the opposite sex bathroom

Jun 15, 2018, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I tell my son and duaghter to use the Bathroom ]

Why do you send them into the one that corresponds with the gender you forced on them? Is there some reason why you think your daughter should be using the women's locker rooms?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

Whichever they feel comfortable with.

It's not the best look relating all transgender people with bathroom perverts.

Would you feel comfortable with a pedophile using the same bathroom as your son just because the pedophile is a guy?

Did you not read the article?

Jun 15, 2018, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

He decided that he would call all the students by their last names, but this poor, confused kid insisted that he call him by his chosen trans-name in order to force the teacher to affirm him. Yes, it's kind of sad.

Jun 14, 2018, 11:51 PM

That's the exact Indiana HS that Hunter Johnson attended .

Go Tigers !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 14, 2018, 11:56 PM

Would you want him using the same bathroom as your daughter ? Political correctness appears to have gone over the edge of morality.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2018, 3:25 AM

Who cares.. just don't pee on the seat and we're good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunter is not transgender but to answer your question

Jun 15, 2018, 5:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

no I don't want football players in the girls bathroom

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter is not transgender but to answer your question

Jun 15, 2018, 5:22 AM

Thanks Neal , nor do I .
I've always been the type of man to not let too much meaningless stuff bother me , and this seems kind of meaningless to me . I have a lot going on in my own life to get involved in crotch debates .
Especially on our football bored . Oops , I think I disqualified myself with the response .
See how easy getting caught up is ?

DB23

Jun 15, 2018, 1:30 AM

It is crazy there are only two genders male and female. Someone who likes wearing dresses and getting a boob job like (Bruce Jenner) doesn’t change your gender. 10,000 years from now if an archaeologist was to dig up the bones of a transgender person and do a DNA test it would classify them based on their birth gender. This entire self identify movement is just another example of people totally consumed with themselves. What’s next? Being able to self indenify your race? Will you be able to state your a black man trapped in a white body therefore I can use affirmative action quotas to get a federal job? Is it now wrong to tell someone no? Or have we become so self absorbed and sensitive that it isn’t allowed anymore.

Oh boy, prepare for what you are about...

Jun 15, 2018, 1:57 AM

...to receive from the tolerant loving Progressives that respect all viewpoints and just want to get along. As long as you agree with them of course. They all inclusive and such.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Is that code for TB1?***

Jun 15, 2018, 2:35 AM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Oh boy, prepare for what you are about...

Jun 15, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Oh boy, prepare for what you are about... ]

Except for the hostile folks that like to hate on people and don't want to get along.

If you're actually interested, "transgender" people are largely ineffectual, and generally very passive. The reason you don't know much about them is because they largely are harmless. You don't have to worry about them much; they aren't aggressive and actually statistically have a much lower violent-crimes rate than just about any other segment of the population.

They are prone to self-harm, though.

Why? What's going on there, then? Really short: they're convinced they were born the wrong sex...and that's why everyone hates them as they currently are. Innately transgender people who are forced to maintain their original sexual identity (usually for cultural reasons, or for fear of losing a job or social status) are often massive suicide risks. They hate it.

The theme with almost all transgender people is the feeling that none of them truly fit into their own skin, that none of them were ever, at any point in their lives, comfortable in their own original bodies.

Why is that? Dunno. Lot of theories. But for whatever reason, these people are a lot happier when they identify as members of the opposite sex. People accuse male trannies of pretending to be women...actually, if you pointed a gun at them, they would swear up and down that they were always "pretending" to be men...and they one and all feel that they were terrible at it. They feel like they have the "souls" of women.

Maybe so. Who am I to argue? The real question is: if it makes them so much happier to be dress and act like women, are we going to force them to act like men, or vice versa?

I do agree that there will always be a biological distinction, and needs to be, especially for medical concerns...but the bottom line with transgender people is, if you're afraid of them, or hate them...it's because they're weird and therefore threatening. If you ever encounter one, you'll realize they're usually a long way from being anything resembling scary. To anybody, usually. They certainly aren't Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. Most of 'em aren't even like RuPaul...RuPaul is unusually out-in-front; most of them hide.

Socipaths are dangerous, yes. Psychopaths, even more so. But transgenders? Not on the list of dangerous-to-children mental conditions.

Except it doesn't make them feel better

Jun 15, 2018, 2:15 PM

The risk of suicide is just as high after having surgical cross-dressing. Furthermore, your approach of treating this like an illness that needs to be treated is rejected by the kinds of people who are firing teachers for not using the name somebody chooses. They would fire you just as quickly for discussing things the way you discussed them, because you're denying the student's reality. Meanwhile, most children who have feelings of gender dysphoria eventually stop having them, but, no matter, we can't allow anybody to say anything that might stop them from getting puberty blockers that irreversibly prevent them from normal development.

You're right, but who really cares?

Jun 15, 2018, 4:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

It is weird to me, but who cares? Does it really matter? I think the dude should just call the person by whatever the odd person wants to be called. Kind of like when someone girlfriend or wife asks them if what they are wearing makes them look fat. You just tell them what they want to hear.

Re: You're right, but who really cares?

Jun 15, 2018, 4:55 AM

Well the transgender movement cares and they’re trying to make it a law that anyone can decide their gender. Since we’re on a sports board I’ll put it in that context. Do you think it will be okay for a male who self identifies as a girl should get a scholarship to play women’s basketball? Well the transgender movement thinks that’s okay. Or a man who identifies as a woman compete in the Olympic as a woman?

This idea that society must accept an individuals sexual choices and their own gender identity is going down a very dangerous road. Once we as a society accept this idea then it will open the door to normalization of all types of sexual perversions, such as pedophilia. You might think that’s not possible, but there have been societies in human history that accepted that behavior as normal, and those societies were considered enlighten and progressive.

Maybe you are right and we should all be as scared as you

Jun 15, 2018, 5:22 AM

nah, transgenders are not scary

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you date a transgender woman?

Jun 15, 2018, 1:58 PM

If not, why not? Is it because you're skeered?

Jun 15, 2018, 6:08 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right, but who really cares? ]

I think they seem way out there. I just don't get why I should care as far as what they want to be called. I do agree and think they should make rules where the men that identify as women can't compete in women's sports. That's nuts if that is allowed.

never mind

Jun 15, 2018, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good call*****

Jun 15, 2018, 9:59 AM

One reason is that the language affects the discourse

Jun 15, 2018, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You're right, but who really cares? ]

They're basically looking to make it so that only affirming language can be used. I guess I'd have to think about how I would deal with a situation like that, because I wouldn't want to be rude, but I also wouldn't want to pretend like I was going along with it all.

Jun 15, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right, but who really cares? ]

rhettm , how is it dangerous ? I'm not trying to be critical of your point if view on this ... but letting people decide who or what they want to be is dangerous ? I disagree .
The pedophilia remark was one that caught my attention as well . There are all manner of heinous perversions loose in this world and to decide that a person wishing to call themself a woman when they were born male is likely also a child molester is just not following any logic that I subscribe to, or that has been observed .
When I think about who in America is rounded up as pedophiles it isn't confused gendered teens or flaming drag queens , it's the 40 year old married male bus driver with 2 kids and an otherwise heterosexual existence .
I just think its much ado , and we should all remember to judge less and love more .

Wow , that came off as uber liberal and ready to march on the state capital . Oh well , I've stated my feelings on the issue .
All done now .

DB23

Oh my

Jun 15, 2018, 2:10 PM

Yes, it's dangerous to let people decide, with no limits, who or what they want to be, and then to force everybody else to affirm that identity without saying anything critical. It's dangerous because these people harm their bodies and call it "treatment." It's dangerous because it does violence to the truth. And it's dangerous because anybody who has the temerity to speak the truth can be threatened with the loss of their jobs or fines.

This isn't about potentially pedophilic people with gender dysphoria. There are probably some of them who are pedophiles just like anybody else. It's about the fact that we're making special rules to accommodate people's fantasies, and that some of those rules include violation of sex separate private spaces.

In that case, quit firing people and fining them

Jun 15, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to You're right, but who really cares? ]

You can't go with the "who cares" thing if laws are being passed and policies are being put in place that make people care.

And here's why you should care: kids are now identifying as "transgender" at a much higher rate than every before in history. The guy in this article had multiple kids in his class who identified as "transgender." As a result of political pressure (because nobody cares...), their perceived identity has to be affirmed by everybody. One way of dealing with that is start taking hormone blockers at an early age in order to prevent puberty from happening. This is irreversible. Later, they may mutilate their bodies in a way that prevents functional organs from working anymore. The stats show that many people regret this mutilation, and that a majority of children who have some sort of gender dysmorphia eventually grow out of it.

So we've got a situation where transgenderism has become a kind of social virus among children, and where politics are preventing people from arguing against it. Somehow, though, we're just supposed to pretend like we shouldn't care while this ideology is constantly being enforced- sometimes through law- on the rest of us.

Jun 15, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

Amen. God created male and female. If you are born as a male you will die as a male and it doesn't matter what you wear or do yo your body. God is God the great I AM!

Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 AM

What about people born with androgen insensitivity syndrome? They are "XY" in their chromosomes, but effectively female in every other sense.

It's not as black and white as you want to believe.

Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

What about people born with androgen insensitivity syndrome? They are "XY" in their chromosomes, but effectively female in every other sense.

Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

Jun 15, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

Amen. God created male and female. If you are born as a male you will die as a male and it doesn't matter what you wear or do yo your body. God is God the great I AM!

Jun 15, 2018, 8:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

The genitalia you're born with determines your sex, how you identify is gender. Sex is biological, gender is a human construct.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gender is a part of speech

Jun 15, 2018, 2:44 PM

Pretending like gender is completely socially constructed and unrelated to sex strikes me as nutty.

Re: Gender is a part of speech

Jun 15, 2018, 3:56 PM

I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Just thought I'd share... ;)

Gender and sex aren't the same thing...

Jun 15, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Indiana Teacher forced to resign. Refused the school transgender policy. ]

Educate yourself before your next triggered rant. These are people just like you and me and just having strong feelings on a subject doesn't make you right. There is a lot more to understand.

According to whom?

Jun 15, 2018, 1:53 PM

You realize that's a product of feminist ideology, right? Clearly, gender is an expression of sex, not something that can be severed from it.

You know this is the football board?***

Jun 15, 2018, 3:23 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know this is the football board?***

Jun 15, 2018, 5:21 AM

It’s really a baseball board, trapped in a football board. ??

Re: You know this is the football board?***

Jun 16, 2018, 9:01 AM

It's a hellofa tape job.

Jun 15, 2018, 7:30 AM

That was an extremely hard article to understand

If TL....

Jun 15, 2018, 9:47 AM

Indentifies as a woman, i still want him/her to start.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2018, 10:17 AM

Why does it matter? Here’s why. Because reality matters. Reality matters to you if you’re accused of a crime you didn’t commit. Reality matters especially to the female track athletes in Connecticut who lost in the state finals this year to two boys who falsely identified reality. No slippery slope argument here but I’ll end with this...we should be cautious of a culture that is trying to create false realities.

Jun 15, 2018, 10:33 AM

We already have a culture that creates false realities ... it's called the American political landscape .

DB23

Jun 15, 2018, 10:50 AM

I 100% agree. And yet another example of why we should be cautious of a culture that tries to create false realities. I would go further to say that many politicians support people with false realities not because the politicians care about their false reality but because they care about their own reality.

Dude is just being a d*ck.

Jun 15, 2018, 10:52 AM

That's not a battle I would pick. What purpose does it serve?

The kids are the ones being d*cks

Jun 15, 2018, 1:55 PM

He decided to call all of them by their last names, but that wasn't enough for this kid.

Actually, this guy resigned.

Jun 15, 2018, 2:32 PM

He then changed his mind and the school board wouldn't allow him to take it back.

That is a long way from 'being fired".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/12/indiana-high-school-accepts-teachers-resignation-over-transgender-policy.html

The key is to read the headline and nothing else.

Jun 16, 2018, 8:46 AM

The articles contents are immaterial to threads like this.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic