Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Increase in jump balls, 50/50 balls, and quick outs...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Increase in jump balls, 50/50 balls, and quick outs...

Sep 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

For 2 weeks, defenses have schemed to completely take ETN out of the game. When they do this, they are bringing an extra 1 or 2 guys down into the box late. When they do this, they are forced to play man on the outside.

This has happened A TON the last two weeks. When TL counts the box and reads the extra guys or picks up on the late movement, he reads the corner. If he's off with a big cushion, he's throwing the 7 yd. out. If he's a little tighter, we are going to throw it up to our 6'4" guys down the sideline. It's a great read, and teams can't defend it. The evidence is the last two weeks. ETN taken away, but still moving the ball and dominating games.

You can talk INT's, playcalling, etc... all you want, but these are simple reads TL is asked to make by counting the box and reading the corner. We mix it up with ETN flaring out of the backfield, and outnumbering them by throwing it out quickly on the spot screen.

This is the fear that ETN puts in defenses. He can literally take any touch to the house, and teams have said they are not going to let him do that. It is also why Lyn-J seems to have more running room. The defense sees #9, and they have automatic calls most of the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only problem that I have with it that we are not connecting

Sep 15, 2019, 12:00 PM

on the overwhelming majority of those 50/50 balls right now. The corner knows that all they have to do is run straight down the field with the WR. It’s my only complaint this year but our coaches know what they’re doing. The coaches have admitted that they don’t open the playbook if they don’t have to.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah we only seem to get about half of the 50/50 balls

Sep 15, 2019, 12:01 PM

what's up with that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’re not getting half of them right now. Not even close.***

Sep 15, 2019, 12:03 PM

Re: We’re not getting half of them right now. Not even close.***

Sep 15, 2019, 12:15 PM

<###### type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you missed the part where I said our coaches know what they’re doing.

Sep 15, 2019, 12:31 PM

Nothing I have posted has even remotely warranted your response. There’s nothing wrong with stating a fact. Read the other posts below. They are spot on.

Re: Increase in jump balls, 50/50 balls, and quick outs...

Sep 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

You have too much common sense! Now go hold a Tnet seminar at $100 per hour. I already know one pupil that needs some mentoring but I won’t say any names.

Cough, cough, coachmac, cough,cough!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 12:04 PM

The jump ball routes are what has me baffled. I would think with the quality of our receivers we have they would just flat out be able to beat the opposing DB on routes and catch the ball on the run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 12:18 PM

The performance last year by our receivers may have spoiled us just a bit. You will have to admit that Ross, Higgins et al made catches that were nearly impossible at times last season. Those one handed, sideline grabs made TL look better than he really was. Those impossible snares aren’t happening this year! I still believe that our passing game is just as explosive as it has been and will only get better as the season moves along. Except now we have a couple of new guys who are just as good as Ross,Rodgers and Higgins. How about that end zone catch last night for the last passing TD! Not bad for a new kid.

Nitpicking here, but the one thing i haven't really liked

Sep 15, 2019, 12:16 PM

is that none of the deep balls have been in stride. Lots of balls thrown up for grabs or thrown late (which usually also results in a jump ball). I know our WRs are typically very good at winning those, but there have been plenty of instances this year where the WR had his man easily beaten and a good throw out in front of him would've been a TD. Instead they were all under thrown by ~5 yards and turned into jump ball situations.

Re: Nitpicking here, but the one thing i haven't really liked

Sep 15, 2019, 12:26 PM

That's what T. Boyd did his whole career at Clemson. He threw jump balls to his tall, talented receivers and they usually came down with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 12:31 PM

My problem with this is we are not utilizing our speed at wr. The middle of the field is also wide open for quick slants crossing routes and post patterns. I agree with taking the matchups but you can't have all 3 or 4 wideouts running straight down the field. Hopefully some minor adjustments and we will be even more dominating. Not complaining because I trust our coaches and will let them do their job. Just my 2cents which don't mean a whole lot. lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 12:40 PM

They dont need to defend it...we hardly complete it

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic