Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I read where IPTAY brought in about 19 million and Gamecock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,639

I read where IPTAY brought in about 19 million and Gamecock

Jun 8, 2015, 10:20 AM

Booster club brought in 30 million.

I know they have more alumni than us, but for some reason I had always believed IPTAY was much larger than their booster club. Do you think they just do their accounting differently?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe

Jun 8, 2015, 10:27 AM

maybe not.

have you tried the internet?

- GWPTiger, circa last thursday

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have not yet seen the 2014 figures, but....

Jun 8, 2015, 10:33 AM

as of July 1, 2013, IPTAY's adjusted balance was right at $33 million, of which $21 million was from contributions and memberships.

The fact is, all schools report their budgets differently. You really have to get into the numbers beyond a superficial level to truly understand where all the money comes from, where it all goes, and who is really keeping their finances in order.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Incorrect

Jun 8, 2015, 10:40 AM

I believe IPTAY pulls in more money than the Cootcock Club, but the Coots get around $31 Million from the SEC each year, we get around $28 million from the SwofCC.

Correct me if I am incorrect.

Re: I read where IPTAY brought in about 19 million and Gamecock

Jun 8, 2015, 10:49 AM

I usually dig up the best hard numbers I can during DT because there is so much wild speculation. Clemson substantially out earned The Gamecock Club for almost 30 years. But, Eric Hyman leveled the playing field. After the creation of the YES seat equity program they pulled pretty much even with us. When I found the numbers last summer (which would either have been 2012 or 13s financials) Gamecocks had pulled slightly ahead - but within the area of million dollars. The schools do account for the numbers differently which is why a fair amount of searching is required. USC passes everything through the athletic department which makes it a little more transparent (I don't mean any negative connotation by the use of the word transparent, but once you find a detailed USC athletic department budget statement you have everything you need) Clemson has IPTAY as an independent body and they pass money back and forth as needed. You really have to have both budgets to figure out exactly how much came in a given year and make sure you aren't redundantly counting money that came from IPTAY in a given year.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I read where IPTAY brought in about 19 million and Gamecock

Jun 8, 2015, 11:00 AM

Dang, that's pretty smart figuring out where da money is. I would ask you to help me find out where mine is, but I'm scared you would tell me the truth. And that is I don't have a pot to pisss in, nor a window to throw it out of!!! :(!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read where

Jun 8, 2015, 11:18 AM

we kicked their a$$es last year and are well on our way to doing it again this year. Anyone else read that?

Tay Scott just scored again on another jet sweep.

I know for certain at one time..believe back in the 80's

Jun 8, 2015, 11:52 AM

IPTAY was THE #1 largest booster program in the country. We set the bar back then. But bigger alumni has the advantage though. IPTAY is still one of the best as far as success goes.

Re: I know for certain at one time..believe back in the 80's

Jun 8, 2015, 12:31 PM

I'm doing this from memory so it might be off, but I recall a Sports Illustrated article in the mid-80s saying IPTAY was the largest non-medical or non-religious nonprofit fundraiser in the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,639
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic