Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Bees dig Venables.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Bees dig Venables.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:57 PM

Lotta love there.

https://stingtalk.com/board/threads/venables-or-bust.98203/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: The Bees dig Venables.

Sep 23, 2018, 2:21 PM

GT fans do not understand where they are in the football world right now. In terms of being an attractive place to coach major college football, just in the ACC they rank below Miami, FSU, Clemson, VT and Louisville for sure. Heck, I think BC would be a better job simply because the competition in New England is low. GT's history is very very long in the tooth.

Venables is out of their reach by a good measure right now. GT needs to catch lightning in a bottle the way FSU did in the 70s with Bowden, the way VT did with Beamer in the 80s, the way TCU did with Patterson in 2000 and the way Clemson did with Dabo in 2008 or the way Duke did with Cutcliffe.

Short of that sort of an unexpected game changer, GT is Vandy for a long long long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the talent that exists in the state of Georgia

Sep 23, 2018, 5:04 PM

not to mention Florida, the largest city in the south, Tech can succeed. They are in the easiest division of P5 football. No reason to flounder like they are doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In theory they could be good, but not right now.

Sep 23, 2018, 7:35 PM

Not with the current president, athletic director, and facilities they have. They just have a lack of commitment to athletics from the top down, and whomever takes over after PJ will have an extremely hard climb just to become relevant in the coastal division if they do not use the same triple option type offense. They are down for the foreseeable future, or that is at least my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In theory they could be good, but not right now.

Sep 23, 2018, 8:57 PM

Don't forget that the USG is all over Gt right now with that scandal that just happened. Their president is in a very shaky place to be making big changes.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliot can be a fit there

Sep 23, 2018, 3:49 PM

and he is an engineer!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tony Elliot can be a fit there

Sep 23, 2018, 7:02 PM

I'll thank you to not be offering up our coach to the ramblin wreck

Sep 23, 2018, 3:58 PM

it is called Stockholm syndrom, you see it a lot in kidnappings and raeps, with the latter being more relevant in this example.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 8:08 PM

I want to TU this but I just can’t

who doesn't?***

Sep 23, 2018, 7:46 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic