Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Athlon: Clemson's 2013 Game-by-Game Predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Update: Athlon: Clemson's 2013 Game-by-Game Predictions

Jul 10, 2013, 8:41 AM

Athlon: Clemson's 2013 Game-by-Game Predictions

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So simple. If we take care of our business, the chips

Jul 10, 2013, 8:46 AM

will fall in our favor.

So simple, yet quite the challenge.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

A couple of these writers bring up a good point in terms of

Jul 10, 2013, 8:57 AM

our bookend SEC games.

If we have to lose one of those games which would be better for National Championship purposes???? I know I would rather lose to UGA and run the table if I had to choose. Tired of losing to USuc and I would have to think we would be one of the hottest, if not the hottest team in country at 12-1 after losing the first.

the other thing, I hope this team is super mature and not getting lost in the hype of all the preseason stuff. our last team that had this much hype was the 08 team that opened with Bama. we know how that season finished.

Don't think we could lose one and have a chance

Jul 10, 2013, 9:19 AM

I agree that if we lose to UGA and then run the table, we should be in the hunt, but we would not be. Last year, we lost to FSU and dropped about 7-8 spots in the polls. We were only back to about 10 when we lost again. We never would have made it up to the top.

This is where the SEC bias really kicks in. Because they are half the top ten, when they lose to one another, they drop from 6 to 9, not 6 to 15 like we would.

If we beat UGA, we probably g up to the 6-7 range in the polls. That will give us a chance. If we lose, we drop to 15-16, and would never get back.

There would be too many teams ahead of us with super week schedules like OSU and Louisville. I am still pretty sure that OSU could go through the whole season without playing a top 15 school and make it to the championship.

Geez...only 1 of 7 picks TiGs over Cooters! What whimps!

Jul 10, 2013, 9:13 AM

Wait til Clemson takes that win and returns the state of State Football back to where it belongs!

gOTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

really surprising with 5/7 picking us to beat UGa and FSU

Jul 10, 2013, 10:35 AM

I have a hard time believing USC is much better than either of those teams. My guess is that they're giving too much credence to the fact that the game is at their place. That really hasn't mattered much (especially for them) in the rivalry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the words of Mr. Dangerfield....No respect!***

Jul 10, 2013, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Geez...only 1 of 7 picks TiGs over Cooters! What whimps! ]

Tigers getting nod over UGA and FSU, but Coots getting nod

Jul 10, 2013, 9:56 AM

over us is only because of home field.

All four teams pretty dang equal. We'd be underdogs to UGA/FSU away and favorites over Coots at home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers getting nod over UGA and FSU, but Coots getting nod

Jul 10, 2013, 12:52 PM

I don't think that our starters will play much more than the first quarter against Citadel. So if we go into cootlumbia healthy, I believe we rape the coots. And I think the coots lose to UGA @ UGA. And they could lose to Tenn and Fla.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers getting nod over UGA and FSU, but Coots getting nod

Jul 11, 2013, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Tigers getting nod over UGA and FSU, but Coots getting nod ]

No, we would not be favored over scar at home. Does it make a difference, yes! But they have handled us with ease lately there and at home.

Time to beat the Coots...***

Jul 10, 2013, 9:59 AM

High time!***

Jul 10, 2013, 10:05 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have to have a victory against scar.

Jul 10, 2013, 10:22 AM

I swear, most folks think SOS has Dabo's number. I don't believe that's the case but I'm tired of making and hearing excuses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have won last year, and would have

Jul 10, 2013, 11:38 AM

if Morris didnt abandon the running game.

5 straight losses to USC?

Jul 10, 2013, 10:56 AM

head assplode.

It would suck real bad to lose to Scar and be 13-1***

Jul 10, 2013, 12:10 PM

The math of it; before we start getting carried away.

Jul 10, 2013, 4:13 PM

Even if we have a 90% chance of winning in each of our games, the mathematical odds of winning them all is 25.41%. If we have a 90% chance in all but a 50% chance vs the Coots, the odds go to 14.12%. Throw in a 50% chance in the NC game, the chance of winning the MNC is 7.06%. Winning that many games in a row sounds reasonable on paper but actually doing it is pretty darn difficult. One injury to Taj and lights out; stuff happens.

USuCk lovers.....

Jul 10, 2013, 6:29 PM

Athlon forgot that we STILL... have a winning rec @ the #### roach.

Do not get it at all. A soft schedule doesnt mean youre good

Jul 11, 2013, 9:13 AM

Coots! Lose most of their D along with their star tailback. The rest of the offense is vanilla at best. The D is Clowny and as good as he is, he cant do it by himself. I think that team is tremendously over-rated.

Re: Do not get it at all. A soft schedule doesnt mean youre good

Jul 11, 2013, 9:34 AM

Their 3td string rb has beaten us the last two years(the little guy, #31) and their Dline is probably the best in the country. They have two good QBs(as we well know) and a better OL. Not sure how they're 'overrated'. Flame away.

Re: Do not get it at all. A soft schedule doesnt mean youre good

Jul 11, 2013, 10:18 AM

Athlon has us at 5 I think. That may be overating us a little but we are not just falling off. We have a ton of experienced talent in most of those spots where people left. LB is the one spot I am worried about. Our staff are good evaluators, develop players well, and recruit the right guys for our schemes. We have enough depth now to lose good players and plug the holes. Everyone said the same things last year and we still won 11.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic