Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson players react to Swinney rant, say Coach has their back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson players react to Swinney rant, say Coach has their back

Oct 12, 2015, 1:47 PM

Clemson players react to Swinney rant, say Coach has their back

National reactions to Dabo Swinney’s postgame rant about the word “Clemsoning” have been mixed, but his players appreciate that their head coach has their back. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson players react to Swinney rant, say Coach has their back

Oct 12, 2015, 2:04 PM

:)

Swinney got blasted...

Oct 12, 2015, 2:09 PM

on some of the morning drive time shows today...He is not a dumb man, he is winning on and off the field, in the classroom, and in the living room...When parents see this type of emotion from a man who will groom their son for the next 5 years, THEY KNOW THAT CLEMSON IS THE RIGHT FIT FOR THEIR FAMILY!!! This display was for recruiting too!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

How many of those doing the blasting...

Oct 12, 2015, 2:33 PM

...are the same guys who used "pulling a Clemson" on their shows over the past 3-4 years?

Thought so.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of those doing the blasting...

Oct 12, 2015, 3:35 PM

on my morning commute, I listen to XM 84...Both of the hosts are always pro-Swinney, but today BLASTED him for his reaction...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness, Where the Tigers play...

In the grand sceme of things, it only matters

Oct 12, 2015, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Swinney got blasted... ]

What his players think.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

EXACTLY!***

Oct 12, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Swinney got blasted... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Scott's mentality, they have to fight even harder

Oct 12, 2015, 2:11 PM

After the rant, eSECpn would love nothing more for us to go out and lose. Dabo owned them and exposed their agenda and they are just going to want us to lose even more so they can say I told you so.

Dont know if Dabo had this intention, but this plays out like the Danny days of an us versus the world mentality. Nobody giving us respect, everybody wants you to lose, the upcoming opponent is the best team in the nation if werent for a few bad breaks. Creating motivation and adversity where there really is none. Making the players want to play harder because they feel like they have to back Dabo up for defending them.

Every good coach does the "us against the world" thing.

Oct 12, 2015, 2:24 PM

Whether legitimate or not, the best teams are always made to feel they have something to prove to everyone. Dabo is an excellent coach, and that's part of why he is.

I thought every good coach had hidden enemies***

Oct 12, 2015, 2:27 PM

Dabo's enemies aren't so hidden.***

Oct 12, 2015, 4:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Every good coach does the "us against the world" thing.

Oct 12, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Every good coach does the "us against the world" thing. ]

You're spot on Prod, smart coot ;)

Nick Saban is a master at doing this, seems Dabo is becoming a master at it as well. He definitely is showing the ability to motivate his players on a weekly basis. Think this plays a large part in our consistent success each week.

Go Tigers!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: I like Scott's mentality, they have to fight even harder

Oct 12, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I like Scott's mentality, they have to fight even harder ]

I think Dabo has been patient with the so called reporters that keep using the term with him. Over the past two seasons he has calmly answered their intended questions. I believe that Coach Swinney was being genuine in defending his program. However, I do believe it will make his guys fight even harder.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Oct 12, 2015, 2:25 PM

I live on the other side of the country so I don't hear talk radio in that area, but the only people I could see talking negatively about Dabo's rant would be fans of the 2-yr junior college in Columbia, or any other competitor of ours, because as someone said earlier, this is exactly what kids' parents want to see in a coach that will groom their kids...and players love a coach that has their back. Dabo certainly didn't take kindly to the question and his rant showed that, but it was also strategic and simply part of his foundation and why he's an amazing coach and man.

We'll see how ESPN reacts but so far almost every commentator has come out and agreed the term needs to be put to bed...whether they're secretly hoping we lose because Dabo exposed their non-SEC agenda we'll just have to wait and see. But if we keep winning it's going to get harder and harder for them to continue their bias.

"Clemsoning" is a true word, except

Oct 12, 2015, 2:41 PM

the definition has been corrected. Clemsoning: is when one team makes the other team it's "Son" as Clemson did to Ga Tech this weekend! Tweet that, Jesse Palmer!!

Oct 13, 2015, 12:49 PM

I believe the term should be known as "Bowdening".

"Clemsoning" is beating the likes of LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame and soon to be FSU.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic