Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,300

In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob"

Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 AM

stand for? I see that Saturday Clemson had 6 (Davidson had 5) and W&M had a total of 8 but only 7 broken out by the players names. Thanks for any help with this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob"

Feb 18, 2018, 6:16 AM

Not looking at the box score but probably is assists. Shortstop throws out a runner at first, shortstop gets an assist and the first baseman gets the putout.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!***

Feb 18, 2018, 7:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob" ]

Good assumption but news to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's correct

Feb 18, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob" ]

I didn't know, so I looked it up.

P.S.

Feb 18, 2018, 10:24 AM

Apparently, it only applies to infield assists. There is a separate abbreviation for outfield assists.

Feb 18, 2018, 6:34 AM

If you keep score and you want to check your accuracy, a team's AB, BB, HBP and SAC will equal runs scored plus LOB and opponents put outs. If I remember correctly. I keep score some now, just not as much detail as I use to.

Fascinating

Feb 18, 2018, 7:45 AM

That people would keep score. I like to enjoy a kosher dog and IPA, check out the beautiful coeds and watch Monte and the boys eat pressure like candy.

Shalom!

Re: Fascinating

Feb 18, 2018, 2:39 PM

That people would keep score. I like to enjoy a kosher dog and IPA, check out the beautiful coeds and watch Monte and the boys eat pressure like candy.

Shalom!

I do all that while keeping score, i don’t use assist but that is what A is used for, I just do the ole 6-3 go

Re: In the box scores what does the

Feb 18, 2018, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob" ]

null

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Re: In the box scores what does the "a" just before "lob" ]

Gator Bowl, that is fascinating. At first I thought you were kidding concerning the box score checking! Cool stuff.
Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 9:41 AM

Sounds like one of those stoopid mashed together Hollywood couples names they use .. like Brangelina .

" Oh man , did you see what A-Lob did this weekend at the Grammys ? "

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

I was wondering the same thing!
Been checking box scores for fifty years and never noticed this.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,300
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic