Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To be honest, Santa Clara was always a terrible choice for NCG.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

To be honest, Santa Clara was always a terrible choice for NCG.

Jan 3, 2019, 11:33 AM

1. The weather is most likely going to be bad. Its the rainy season here, and while temperatures are often "mild", 50s and raining still sucks. That doesn't even account for the wind or possible fog.

2. Look at the stadium seating. There is NO upper deck on Clemson side. Instead, they are all boxes and suites. So the best you can do for 300-400 level is be in the endzone to the 10 yrd line ON THE BAMA SIDE. I'm sure it works great for 49s, but its a terrible neutral site venue.

3. With exception of New York amd Boston, its the most expensive area of the country.

4. Perhaps most importantly, people here don't care about college sports.

I think the Rose Bowl, mybe Qualcomm in San Diego, are good choices for sites, but otherwise there shouldn't be other west coast venues under consideration.

GO TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: To be honest, Santa Clara was always a terrible choice for NCG.

Jan 3, 2019, 11:36 AM

Well said. They’re going to LA in 2024 (I think)...to a stadium that isn’t under construction yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The new stadium in LA is under construction...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:40 AM

It's right beside LAX and The Forum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The new stadium in LA is under construction...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:42 AM

Yeah, just googled it. Looks like a beast. 2023 is when the Natty is there.

The stadium is in the flight pattern...

Jan 3, 2019, 12:00 PM

of planes coming in and out of LAX so the FAA made them sink it 100 feet into the ground.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stadium is in the flight pattern...

Jan 3, 2019, 12:14 PM

Interesting.

Speaking of crazy airport stuff in Cali, I found out recently that Santa Ana near Newport Beach shuts down completely at 10pm, no exceptions.

Why? VERY rich people that got the local politics to create a noise ordinance.

You gotta have some kind of money & political influence to cut that significant hub to Orange County off like that.

Re: The stadium is in the flight pattern...

Jan 3, 2019, 12:53 PM

California is the worst with the noise abatement programs, no other state comes remotely close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 11:42 AM

I agree. What's wrong with a permanent site somewhere in the middle like Arlington (AT&T Stadium)? It's accessible to everyone, it's huge and it's in a dome. I would think that these venues lose their shirts when people have to travel 2,000 miles or more to get to the game.

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.***

Jan 3, 2019, 11:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.

Jan 3, 2019, 11:45 AM

Often a problem around the cotton bowl

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.

Jan 3, 2019, 11:46 AM

So was Tampa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.***

Jan 3, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.*** ]

Yeah, but it's a manageable driving distance for most people and there was no chance that you would have to sit in the rain or snow at the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to To be honest, Dallas was freezing ### cold.*** ]

It’s colder now.

Having just spent a couple grand for 2 people to go

Jan 3, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: To be honest, Santa Clara was always a terrible choice for NCG. ]

to Cotton Bowl, it would be nice to have traveled to a warm weather venue. Dallas and SF are not awesome winter destinations. You are correct, at least Dallas is a dome.

null

Jan 3, 2019, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: To be honest, Santa Clara was always a terrible choice for NCG. ]

TV money probably keeps them whole, but for fans, especially those on the Eastern side of the Mississippi River, it is way out of the way, and unnecessary.

The NCG is like the super bowl now

Jan 3, 2019, 11:45 AM

Bid to host..

I thought it and the cfp would originally rotate through the traditional NYD bowls, but that doesn't seem to be true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Agreed but the CFP is all about the $$$$$$...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:54 AM

and the host sites go to the highest bidder.

2019 - Santa Clara

2020 - New Orleans

2021 - Miami

2022 - Indianapolis

2023 - Los Angeles

2024 - Houston

Re: Agreed but the CFP is all about the $$$$$$...

Jan 3, 2019, 11:59 AM

I didnt know that but the NCAA is all about the money.

A cool idea would be to let the champion pick the city 4 years down the line or so. You obviously couldnt pick your own stadium. But that would keep the game in the south considering where the winners come from.

Cfp is not sanctioned by NCAA

Jan 3, 2019, 12:05 PM

This was done by the power 5 commissioners and ND's AD.

These economic decisions were made by them.

So blame swafford.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes, there's no such thing as an NCAA Football Championship

Jan 3, 2019, 12:10 PM

at the FBS level. Not sure how many people realize this.

Indianapolis..2nd week of Jan... sweet!!!!***

Jan 3, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Agreed but the CFP is all about the $$$$$$... ]

At least it's indoors....

Jan 3, 2019, 12:03 PM

we just may have to drive through a foot of snow to get to it.

This game should ALWAYS be indoors ... in a city that values

Jan 3, 2019, 12:20 PM

COLLEGE football.

Period!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So - Atlanta, New Orleans, and ????***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dallas, PHoenix, Indy, Houston, and eventually VEGAS!!***

Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 PM

I don't need a dome, but they do need to make better host choices.***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to This game should ALWAYS be indoors ... in a city that values ]

null

Re: This game should ALWAYS be indoors ... in a city that values

Jan 3, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to This game should ALWAYS be indoors ... in a city that values ]

outdoor games are nice. Death Valley have a good on it?

In the Fall, yes ... in January, not so much.

Jan 3, 2019, 2:27 PM

I've never been to a game in January in Death Valley, but in a pouring rain, it would be pretty brutal.

If they want to have the game outdoors in January ... San Diego would be great!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rose Bowl should be the only place in California ever consid

Jan 3, 2019, 1:04 PM

considered for a College Championship.. College football out there sux all the way around, its on the other side of the country for everyone that follows college football, and they doo doo on the streets everywhere bc the local govts believe in equal rights for any and everything... they might as well had just picked Mexico or London, would be the same. Just keep it at the traditional locations and stop extending the map.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:01 PM

I live in NJ. $2000 round trip plus car plus parking at airport so for my wife and I it was $4000 just to get there and get back.

We had tickets but not going

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic