Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand the people who say that they want Carolina to have a decent team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

I don't understand the people who say that they want Carolina to have a decent team

Jun 25, 2016, 9:20 PM

This state is too small to host 2 big football programs. Our best bet for sustained success is for them to remain at the bottom. Their small string of success and 5 wins against us came about b/c of some in-state recruiting dominoes that fell their way largely, I think, due to Tommy's early departure. Weren't Gilmore and some of those players Clemson leans beforehand? If USC is having success then, at least in part, this success will be at a cost to us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand the people who say that they want Carolina to have a decent team

Jun 25, 2016, 9:33 PM

They need to suck. Every year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand the people who say that they want Carolina to have a decent team

Jun 26, 2016, 6:21 AM

Those people that wish the coots to be good are usually closet coots trying to stir the pot. I like the sinkhole idea myself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand the people who say that they want Carolina to have a decent team ]

I agree, I hate their idiot, white-trash, loser yet arrogant fanbase. I live to see them crushed and dejected...makes life worth living!

No true Clemson fan wants a coot to win anything***

Jun 25, 2016, 9:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sums it up******

Jun 25, 2016, 10:02 PM

Those same people pee sitting down...***

Jun 25, 2016, 10:00 PM

I personally want a giant sinkhole to open up underneath the

Jun 25, 2016, 10:03 PM

'roach on game day and suck the entire thing down to the fiery, molten center of the Earth.

Too much?

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

I second this ^^***

Jun 28, 2016, 8:44 AM

I mean, we need a respectable opponent in the ACC Coastal

Jun 25, 2016, 10:05 PM

Plus, I like beating the Tar Holes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2016, 10:43 AM

Many years ago I wanted USUC to be worth a darn because everyone watched UF/FSU or other rivals instead of our games with USUC. Nobody wanted to watch the chickens play 'cause they sucked. Why bother. Well - I thought it would be nice if BOTH teams were really good, that everyone would want to watch our games. The problem was, USUC got really good for 3-4 years, and CLEMSON was snake bit every time we played them. THAT did not work out like I thought it would. I wanted them to be worthy of playing us, but we would win all of the time.

Now - I just want us to be a Top Five program and stomp the stew outta them every year, and they can remain out of the Top 25 forever. That works for me. :)

Snake bit?

Jun 26, 2016, 10:45 PM

I don't think that's it. Our QB just had mediocre games against them during that time. He struggled often in big games, and always against the coots. That wasn't the only reason for the 5-game embarrassment, but was a big part of it.

Thank goodness he had a good game against LSU and Ohio State. Those teams were at least as good if not better than the coot teams he struggled against (and the WVU that he shat the bed against).

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want them to remain a decent dumpster fire that way

Jun 26, 2016, 1:01 PM

we get all of the elite in-state recruits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2016, 1:26 PM

It's easy, Strength of Schedule. It's mandatory if you want to be in the CFP.

It's sorta like kissing your 86 yr old aunt Sofie....no one in their right mind

would want aunt Sofie to slip them the tongue. But some negatives in life are necessary

to gain the overall positive.

It doesn't help our goal (bigger picture) if Usuck is not as good as Savannah St.

It's noxious i know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when has the strength of one team hurt us from

Jun 26, 2016, 3:34 PM

getting a spot in the playoffs? Recruiting is far more important that SOS from one team especially when that team is in your state and if they suxor they aren't getting your players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were 3-9 last year, and we still got in. Right?***

Jun 26, 2016, 5:42 PM

Re: when has the strength of one team hurt us from

Jun 26, 2016, 10:37 PM [ in reply to when has the strength of one team hurt us from ]

Not even 20% of our class is from SC

Jun 26, 2016, 6:27 PM

Let's get one thing straight ;

Tommy's departure was not " early "
??

Jun 26, 2016, 8:08 PM

Just sayin

Jun 26, 2016, 10:35 PM

Oh yea cause so many recruits are in state. This is dumb to say. They can be good and we still be great. I wish them luck I would rather beat them at 10-0 than 3-8.

Disagree.

Jun 26, 2016, 10:48 PM

I would rather beat them after they haven't won all year. I would rather beat them 70-0 after they went winless all year. Also, I prefer they are never competition for any recruit. Also, there will be a few hreat recruits here and there that we battle for if USCjr is good. Nothing really good comes out of USCkr being good.

In that case, I really wish they had gotten Tavien Feaster.

Jun 26, 2016, 11:45 PM

That would help their running game out some

Re: Disagree.

Jun 27, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Disagree. ]

I'm just not shallow enough to hope a team sucks. I know most of you guys are tho

Jun 27, 2016, 7:55 AM

I just like to play good teams so I don't want them to suck. It's a shame tho because they usually do.

Yes, I am shallow enough to hope our rival stinks.

Jun 27, 2016, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree. ]

I am a bad person. I don't want them to be good. Is it shallow to want them to be good or only shallow to want them bad? I admire your inner strength for wanting the Coots to have a hood football team. That's impressive. Hopefully for yourself they have a great season so you can be happier. The shallow person I am will be thrilled if they suck. My 2nd team in college football is always the team that is playing USCjr.

^^^potd^^^

Jun 27, 2016, 12:59 PM

no truer words were ever typed or spoken

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Yes, I am shallow enough to hope our rival stinks.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Yes, I am shallow enough to hope our rival stinks. ]

I just want to beat an 11-0 team not a team that loses to the Citadel. Sorry if you guys feel differently. It is sad to have a rival be so bad. It is much better when we are both ranked high. It makes the game bigger and better. It makes no since to me that people want them to be horrible.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Yes, I am shallow enough to hope our rival stinks. ]

It won't make me happy or not if they succeed or fail. I just prefer to play a good team and it be a prime time game and mean something.

It's always prime time for me and it always means something.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:35 PM

I also hope we beat them 70-0 and I hope they don't win a game all year. The game means the same to me no matter how they did all year. That said, I gain more satisfaction and enjoyment watching them lose all year. I like following their terrible up with a beat down by the Tigers. It's great fun watching them lose and I get no joy when they beat other opponents on their schedule.

Re: It's always prime time for me and it always means something.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:57 PM

Well I hope it does make you happy. I still hope they win every game untill they play us just so we can crush their dreams. This all being said when it comes gameday I will most likely be pulling for Vandy lol. I would just rater Usuck be ranked high when we play them.

I like the part about crushing their dreams. *****

Jun 27, 2016, 5:09 PM

Jun 28, 2016, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Yes, I am shallow enough to hope our rival stinks. ]

It's ok to be shallow. Pamela Anderson is shallow...but look at the rack on her.

Life tends to even things out.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Disagree. ]

Hahahahaha, you think someone is shallow if they wish their rival sucks? Has nothing to do with being shallow. Don't be so pompous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can have 2 winners in this state

Jun 27, 2016, 12:23 AM

We'll take football and the coots can have women's basketball. That's fair.

I would rather not have to play them every year if they suck***

Jun 27, 2016, 7:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jun 27, 2016, 8:14 AM

I'm with you 100%! I was raised to know that they should lose every game they play in every sport. My dad hated the Gamecocks. Can you tell? :)

Jun 27, 2016, 8:26 AM

My daddy did too but I think it is arrogant.

I only want a good Carolina team to help our SOS.

Jun 27, 2016, 1:11 PM

Having a stronger SOS wouldn't hurt us when the playoff committee is trying to decide between an ACC team and another conference.

How is it shallow? They're our rival...

Jun 27, 2016, 1:22 PM

It's not like anyone is wishing for their academic programs to fail. That would be extreme. But cheering against your rival in a sport and wanting them to lose is pretty normal. Cheering for your rival to do well just doesn't make sense.

Re: How is it shallow? They're our rival...

Jun 27, 2016, 2:02 PM

It just is to me. Why would you want them to suck. Yes I want to beat them but I wish them luck in other games. I'm just a good sport tho. Most people in this world are not.

If you want those clowns to be good, you arent a real fan.***

Jun 27, 2016, 2:23 PM

Re: If you want those clowns to be good, you arent a real fan.***

Jun 27, 2016, 2:27 PM

That is just stupid to say. We all know I'm a real fan. I just differ in the fact I want to beat a good team every year and most of our fans want them to lose every game. It just helps the rivalry for them to be good. Say what you want tho wish them the worst of seasons so our SOS will go down. That is being a wonderful fan.

Jun 27, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to If you want those clowns to be good, you arent a real fan.*** ]

I care about Clemson football as much as any. Don't come at me with that nonsense. Pulling against the coots doesn't make you a good Tiger fan DA.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:02 PM

You don't need to be calling any Clemson fan a da. If scar has a bad season we need to crush them. If scar has a good season, we need to crush them. The sos and where we land will in the playoffs will work itself out without us having to pull for the coots to have a winning program.

Jun 27, 2016, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If you want those clowns to be good, you arent a real fan.*** ]

Cmoney, your feathers are starting to show. Show me ONE single coot fan that wishes us well in every game except the rivalry game. You won't be able to find one. Same with me, I thoroughly enjoyed their 0-11 season. If you didn't, something is wrong with you.

Jun 28, 2016, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: If you want those clowns to be good, you arent a real fan.*** ]

You should refrain from calling others a DA

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

0-11 was a great year.***

Jun 27, 2016, 10:51 PM

does Carolina have a shot at Ortre Smith?

Jun 27, 2016, 11:33 PM

If so, I say we back off. They need some receivers, and we want them to be good, right? Otherwise would be shallow. Makes perfect sense to me.

Screw em***

Jun 28, 2016, 12:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic