Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In staters, is sc a reasonable backup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,614

In staters, is sc a reasonable backup

Mar 27, 2015, 7:51 AM

School academically or are there other in state options that would be better backup choices before getting to sc? I'm not as familar with the smaller in state schools, other than furman but I think that is private and way higher level anyway so not part of this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what major ?***

Mar 27, 2015, 7:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Depending on the major, College of Charleston and the

Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 AM

Citadel are good schools. Unless you want to major in International Bus. SCU has a great program (dang that feels bad).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Academically Wofford and Furman are top notch.***

Mar 27, 2015, 8:59 AM

I'd look really hard into these schools...

Mar 27, 2015, 8:21 AM

Furman
Wofford
CofC
Coastal Carolina
Anderson
Southern Wesleyan
Landrum
Converse
Lander
SC State (assuming it's not shut down - Great schollies for whitey)
Claflin (Great schollies for honkies also)
North Greenville
Citadel
Winthrop
Francis Marion
Limestone
Newberry
PC
Coker
Erskine
Voorhees
Morris
Allen
Benedict - decent option
Tri County Tech

I'd check into these 1st, but I think South Carolina is a GREAT backup plan if those don't work out.

That does it boys, time to shut it down

Mar 27, 2015, 8:40 AM

Caddie
Mascot [5920]
Joined 6 years ago
TigerPulse: 91%
wins the internet today

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Its not called the University of Second Choice for nothin'***

Mar 27, 2015, 8:31 AM

I don't know about a "reasonable" back-up, but

Mar 27, 2015, 9:04 AM

unless you want to go the private university route--ie, Wofford or Furman---usuck is about the ONLY other in-state, public university choice.....not to discount CofC...good school, just not as many offerings as usuck......and to be compeletely fair, Coastal Carolina may someday be a great academic institutio, its possible they just haven't been in existence long enough to develop that tradition. Coastal does give folks in that corner of the state a good choice thats nearby

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know about a "reasonable" back-up, but

Mar 27, 2015, 9:08 AM

If you can't make it into Clemson and do not want to go to Furman/Wofford or CofC ...head out of state . SCAR is for the party crowd and its schools are sub par , across the board.

DB23

and who would want to spend some of the best years of

Mar 27, 2015, 9:12 AM

their life in Columbia?

Re: In staters, is sc a reasonable backup

Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 AM

Lander used to have a transfer program they did with Clemson. You could always look into going that route.

Re: In staters, is sc a reasonable backup

Mar 27, 2015, 9:28 AM

Furman and Wofford. College of Charleston had a good Marine Biology program at one time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Academically, either Winthrop or C of C > USuCk.

Mar 27, 2015, 9:52 AM

Winthrop's entry level academic requirements are higher, and I'm fairly certain C of C's are also.
Also, may want to ask Juan'self about the quality of life: Rock Hill/Charlotte, Charleston,...or Jackson Mississippi with a zoo??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,614
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic