Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest question, so please honest answers....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Honest question, so please honest answers....

Sep 3, 2013, 8:42 PM

We are #4 in the nation now... Do you honestly believe that this program turned the corner last year when coming from behind to beat LSU? I think that win and the one this past Saturday were really statement wins... however... we have been in this position before to only fall flat on our faces. I am only asking because you can't help but fear that it will happen again. I am not saying that it will, maybe this is the year of the Tiger... Maybe it took losing to our rival four years straight to finally get down to the basics and get back to Clemson football. I welcome your thoughts!!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we turned the corner when we finally beat all the

Sep 3, 2013, 8:44 PM

teams we were supposed to beat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

One could say that too...***

Sep 3, 2013, 8:45 PM

Re: I think we turned the corner when we finally beat all the

Sep 3, 2013, 9:56 PM [ in reply to I think we turned the corner when we finally beat all the ]

Clemson beat every team they were supposed to last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly

Sep 3, 2013, 8:45 PM

completely agree with you. I am anxious for our bigger games (FSU, USuC), but I am also scarred of an off game and a stumble that derails us in a game that we should win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully we won't have that...***

Sep 3, 2013, 8:46 PM

ride the wave

Sep 3, 2013, 8:53 PM

We're good and it's gonna be a long season filled with enjoyment. But there is sure to be another close one. Luckily we've got a great senior QB and plenty of weapons. Call me crazy but I'm predicting rain at UVA. That could slow us but please don't take that as a fear of losing. Just a whim from an internet guy, nothing more.

Good Grief....

Sep 3, 2013, 8:54 PM

Point one - it ain't easy to win every football game every year - or even one year out of two decades. I guess Alabama pulled an Alabama last year vs. A&M.

Point two - are you the 'Fire Jack' poster?

Point three - this is as good a football TEAM AND COACHING STAFF as we have EVER had - including the Ford era. Ford may have had upper hand on talent a few times, but the current HC,OC and DC combination is best in the country without question.

Point four - CU turned the corner when TB was released and Dabo was hired.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Dabo said yesterday, give it a rest already

Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 PM

comes a time where you get past that. Also that crap was all on Bowden, he created that fear and Dabo has gotten us past it, so move on already and shut up

My goodness

Sep 3, 2013, 9:03 PM

Just enjoy the moment already. We are not turning any corners. We have a very skilled team and they are focused. Don't try and figure this out, support them and keep everything in check.

I asked my friends if they knew

Sep 3, 2013, 9:00 PM

what channel the Danny Ford Show was on if that answers your question.

New team!

Sep 3, 2013, 9:05 PM

This is the best team we have had since the 80's - maybe better than those. I think we will beat the teams we are supposed to beat, just like we did last year. I think our defense is better than last year, but I am not sure if it is good enough for us to run the table. As much as it pains me to say it, the chickens are good - prolly better than last year. FSU is good too. All that being said I, am cautiously optimistic.

Losing to SCar 4 times made the BOT come off the money

Sep 3, 2013, 9:06 PM

That enabled Dabo to execute his plan, which is taking us to the top echelon of college football.

I tell my SCar buddies that the last 4 years has been like the early 70's and the 56-20 debacle. Our BOT decided enough was enough and got behind the football program.

Fortunately, we have a man like Dabo leading us instead of Charlie Pell.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing to SCar 4 times made the BOT come off the money

Sep 3, 2013, 9:17 PM

They were just trying to balance the books for having approved TB jump in pay and terminate his contract. Personally, I would have loaned them 10 or 12 million had I known we were going to go through all this chit. Like I could loan someone more than a couple bucks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When this entire team became Dabo's we turned the corner.

Sep 3, 2013, 9:13 PM

Last year we only lost to good teams thus the death of the term pulling a Clemson.

As Dabo linemen matured and his offense and defense was finally installed (not to say that our guys are perfect) we turned the corner.

As Tajh grew out of being a 'headcase,' we turned a corner.

Yeah, honest answer, we have turned the corner. I ain't saying we'll win it all this year but we won't be furnish ### to the ACC trash teams anymore. I ain't saying we'll win road games against top ten teams but we ain't gonna be ashamed of our coaches or anything else about our program.

...and no, we haven't beaten two top ten SEC teams in consecutively and neither has anyone else. We've not been here ever.

No disrespect to Danny for it's probable we never faced two top ten SEC school during his time here because they didn't have two in the top ten then. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After we beat FSU, SCar, Miami in Charlotte, and LSU again

Sep 3, 2013, 9:31 PM

in Pasadena, we get to open with a win against GA in Athens. That will make it 5 SECs in a row. Call Vegas for the odds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think being ranked #4 in week 2 means very little***

Sep 3, 2013, 9:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Honest question, so please honest answers....

Sep 3, 2013, 9:33 PM

I do believe we have turned the corner. The recruiting, the consistency (that is starting to be there), the facilities, the confidence and poise of our staff and players... As far as the SCar losses go, there are always periods when someone seems to get your number, we know they have peaked, but we are just beginning to get towards where this program should be. We don't have to win every game to have turned the corner and if we lose a couple this year, so be it. We finally have the talent around that seems to suggest we will be in reload mode instead of rebuild in the foreseeable future. I don't know if this will be the year we hang a banner, but I don't see us being out of the conversation any time in the near future in my opinion.

Honest Answer

Sep 3, 2013, 9:39 PM

Grow a set of balls!

Re: Honest Answer

Sep 3, 2013, 9:42 PM

I believe we are a really good football team. I also know really good football teams have hiccups. Will we? Who knows. But I love what I'm seeing from the HC, the OC, the DC, and the players. GO TIGERS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's time to GET A NEW NARRATIVE"!

Sep 3, 2013, 9:45 PM

...as a wise man recently said.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In review of the last 20 years of college football

Sep 3, 2013, 9:47 PM

Only 1 team managed to win it all each year - sounds crazy I know but - seems that is how it works. Pretty good odds are only one team wins again this year.

Just enjoy it week after week - if we end up in the big game then awesome - if not - awesome - still Clemson Football!

Sep 3, 2013, 9:52 PM

Last time we were in this position we started off the next season with a thrashing at the hands of Alabama. 'Nuff said

Sep 3, 2013, 9:59 PM

If you mean go undefeated every year then no. If you mean regularly winning 10 plus games in a season and competing for conference titles most years, and winning some, then yes.

Jesse Palmer, Is that you?

Sep 3, 2013, 10:21 PM

BTW, how many teams had perfect records last year?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic