Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In response to the B12 thread below
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

In response to the B12 thread below

Dec 6, 2012, 12:04 AM

I think most who would like to see us dump the ACC only want the B12 if we go with a block of eastern schools. This is a second choice to the SEC. We need to compare that to current/future ACC, not yesterday's league that spanned Maryland to the pan handle with every school in driving distance from Clemson.

The ACC itself has radically changed. Our division alone will have BC, Syracuse, and Louisville, and that doesn't include Pitt and Miami on the other side. And if the expanded B12 divides itself geographically (something the ACC has not and will not do due to member objections) it could actually end up being better then our current situation.

In terms of going to the B12 on an island like WV did, I am not for that. I don't know any B12 lackies who want that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.

Dec 6, 2012, 12:08 AM

If we went to the XII with three others from the east, I'd be estatic. SEC is first choice, but us, FSU, and two others going into the XII would be fine too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree.

Dec 6, 2012, 12:18 AM

Guys. It does not matter. If FSU and CU are the only ones selected we must go. We do not have another viable option. I get you dont want to add four hours on to your road trip. I get it.....but that means jack in determining the long term viability of our football program

Heck why not just join the SoCo? Then we really wouldnt have to travel far.

Re: Agree.

Dec 6, 2012, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Agree. ]

How many away games would you attend if Clemson were to go to the B 12? I would guess "None"!

Stay in the ACC or go to the SEC only!! No B 12 or B 10!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how I feel also

Dec 6, 2012, 12:11 AM

SEC is the top choice, if they'd have us and our administration was OK with making money, but Big 12 is only a better option than the ACC if it's a block of ACC schools so the travel problem is essentially non-existent. However, playing an OK or TX for a conference championship the last week of the year gives teams a much better shot to impress to get into the 4 team playoff than beating Pitt.

could rotate championship between Dallas (jerry world) and

Dec 6, 2012, 12:13 AM

Maybe Charlotte or Atlanta. I say Atlanta just to invade SEC's "turf".

Re: In response to the B12 thread below

Dec 6, 2012, 12:15 AM

So you would rather stay in a conference with no shot at a championship, no money, and a crap schedule.

All because you will have to travel more? SMH

You think scar is kicking our ### now. Stay in a watered down ACC and see what happens.

hmmm, I don't even know what to say. I try, its just not

Dec 6, 2012, 12:20 AM

worth it.

Re: hmmm, I don't even know what to say. I try, its just not

Dec 6, 2012, 12:22 AM

Try harder. Travel has ZERO to do with conference reallignment. ZERO

Re: hmmm, I don't even know what to say. I try, its just not

Dec 6, 2012, 8:44 AM

You are totally wrong!!! It certainly would affect mine!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In response to the B12 thread below

Dec 6, 2012, 12:21 AM

With the new ACC we will be on an island. Traveling to Boston, Syracuse, Hartford, ....we will be one of a few southern schools left. I eould rather travel that far to see CU vs Oklahoma than CU vs UCONN

But you wouldn't be playing Oklahoma every week...

Dec 6, 2012, 8:53 AM

Baylor, TT, TCU, ISU, Kansas...these are not good road trips to great football schools. And when Snyder retires again, KSU will stink again.

I understand that you don't want to play a bunch of Northeast schools in the ACC. I don't either. I hated adding Pitt, Syracuse & Louisville.

But what I hear out of people like you makes me think that you think you'll be playing Texas & OU every week. The rest of the big 12 basically sucks. You'll need alot of eastern teams to move to the Big 12 along with you in order to make it reasonable.

In the ACC, the close road games are Wake, Duke, UNC, GT

Dec 6, 2012, 9:16 AM

etc. These are horrible games to watch. Then you add northern schools like Pitt, Cuse, BC, etc and it's even worse.

I'd rather go on a couple road trips a year and and travel to Texas or Oklahoma, and even catch a random Baylor or TTU game than watch us every week play awful ACC teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^ Ding Ding Ding***

Dec 6, 2012, 9:17 AM [ in reply to But you wouldn't be playing Oklahoma every week... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe we'd have eastern schools at a reasonable

Dec 6, 2012, 6:02 AM

distance from Clemson, except FSU, to go to the Big 12 with us. But I see no choice but to go. GT appears headed to the Big 10, VT and NC State to the SEC. Miami is a long, long way from Clemson. We just need to swallow the distance disadvantage and go.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic