Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tough end to the season. Thought
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,501

Tough end to the season. Thought

May 31, 2015, 9:13 PM

We had that one last night after deserving senior Slaton connected on a huge triple. 7-0 deficit erased. Tigers take an 8-7 lead going to top 8th. Lack of a strong bullpen (example reference: Louisville) is what ultimately led to the tough loss. Pepperdine got the home dugout and have been tagging non-impressive ASU starter and now pen.
I watch/listen to every single CU baseball game. While I love Leggetts drive to win and recruitment of baseball talents that want to become good men, I hate this status quo. I watch, I hope every single game and I've seen too many consistent issues. Without going on a rant (not ordered) 1. Walking the opponent especially to lead off an inning (and with a lead!!?) 2. Baseball basics (2 out grounder that is played well but thrown away/rushed on throw, etc). 3. Make a pitcher work. Make him have to show all of his pitches. Make him fear the CU bats. 4. Celebrate big hits. Gotta WAKE UP MR. MO, show that enthusiasm. Show your teammates that pride, comradery, and nothing-can-stop-us drive to win.

Go Tigers! Spot that dang ball already!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In regards to the coaching situation..

May 31, 2015, 9:37 PM

I have supported Leggett through and through. We all know the frustration we have delt with. Many times.
However, what Coach Leggett has done for the CU baseball problem post the great Coach Wilheim cannot be ignored. The collegiate game has changed in regards to bats, balls, and finances/scholarships, etc. But I continue to think about the pre-2007 Tigers, the "murders row" - HRs were a optional weapon, now it's not even part of our game plan. The game has changed and it's definitely affected the way Leggett's Tiger squads have struggled (besides obviously losing (O'Sullivan, Corbin, Paw, etc).

I just don't have confidence of the current coaching staff, in a regional situation: Win through losers bracket, defeat 2-0 team and send it to Monday. Winners play disciplined yet loose. The difficulty is cerebrally accomplishing that. Those that can, become Champions.

Go Tigers.
Next HC needs to be Pawlowski, wow his SDSU players are playing loose and kicking USC tail.

Obviously hypothetical situation*****

May 31, 2015, 9:40 PM

MONTE LEE from my alma mater

May 31, 2015, 10:32 PM

Looks like an outstanding replacement as well if Leggett decides to retire

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,501
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic