Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few thoughts and opinions after watching clips of our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 912

A few thoughts and opinions after watching clips of our

Jun 30, 2014, 9:31 PM

football team over the past few years:

In spite of losing Hopkins, Brown, Watkins, and Bryant over the last few years, we are still loaded at WR. We may not have anybody rise to the level of Nuk or Sammy, but we have a bunch of outstanding receivers. If Peake is healthy, I think he will have a monster, breakout year; the next Clemson WR superstar. All Humphries does is get open over and over and catch everything that comes his way. Mike Williams is easily a future All-ACC WR if he continues to work and improve. If Hopper stays out of the doghouse, he could be one of the most exciting players on the team. With all of the talented freshmen coming in, one or two are bound to catch a lot of passes. We may not have a ton of depth experience-wise, but talent-wise, top to bottom, we will still be among the best in the country.

Cole Stoudt is a better runner than he gets credit for. He's no Woody Dantzler for sure, and he's not quite the bruiser that Tajh was, but he runs smart, and is big and strong enough to pick up tough yards; much more so than I remembered.

I fear that we may miss Brandon Thomas quite a bit, especially early in the season. He was tremendous, quietly doing his job play after play. Hopefully somebody steps up here.

I don't know about you, but the next month and a half is the toughest stretch of all for this Clemson football fan.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: U forgot Rodriguez

Jun 30, 2014, 9:46 PM

Not fast but reliable. Receiver got to block to be considered good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True - has experience and is definitely a leader.***

Jun 30, 2014, 9:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

In regards to Humphries

Jun 30, 2014, 10:16 PM

You failed to mention his blocking. In the orange bowl on a slip screen to Sammy, Adam blocked 2 different DBs within a couple of seconds to give Sammy a crease.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few thoughts and opinions after watching clips of our

Jun 30, 2014, 10:32 PM

I believe this team will be better than the last two. I'm talking football smarts and the belief that they deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as bama, fsu, Ohio st, etc. The classes are stronger every year and it's good that we have some new faces at positions. This team will be very very good. The uga game will be very telling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 4
| visibility 912
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic