Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In our weakness God's power is perfected
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 607

In our weakness God's power is perfected

May 19, 2018, 9:10 AM

Romans 8:26-28

In the same way the Spirit also helps us in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because he intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness.”

Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me.

It's verses like these that make it so obvious that Christianity is the Truth. What human being would have come up with something like this on his own....that it's in our weakness, our lowest moments, where we submit to God and say I can't do anything on my own, that His power is perfected? And these verses were written by a man who could have boasted about so many things that he did in the name of Christ, but you never hear him do that. He repeatedly states that he is nothing. This is one of the biggest things that sets Christianity apart from the other world religions that have all the earmarks of being man made....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um

May 19, 2018, 5:31 PM

Do you even Buddha man? He said stuff like this all the time.

The Dahli Lama still says stuff like this all the time. In fact I watched a Facebook live just yesterday with the Dahli Lama extolling the power of surrender to our deepest weaknesses and it is at that point that we find peace.

Just because you want it to be doesn’t make it unique.

Re: Um

May 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

I think you're grasping at straws here. First of all the Dahli Lama has certainly put himself on a pedestal....no religious figure from the New Testament did this....not even Jesus.

Second, nobody even knows what the actual sayings of Buddha are. The first manuscript evidence doesn't even show up until 500 years after he lived after many different sects of Buddhism were already formed.

May 20, 2018, 11:26 AM

my solar sky daddy can beat up your solar sky daddy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Um ]

First of all the Dahli Lama has certainly put himself on a pedestal....no religious figure from the New Testament did this....not even Jesus.

You mean saying you're the only way to God, or that you are God, isn't putting yourself on a pedestal?

Second, nobody even knows what the actual sayings of Buddha are. The first manuscript evidence doesn't even show up until 500 years after he lived after many different sects of Buddhism were already formed.

Not the argument you want to make when you're defending Christianity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

May 21, 2018, 9:40 AM

You mean saying you're the only way to God, or that you are God, isn't putting yourself on a pedestal?

Not if you are in fact God and you came and lived a life of sorrows and died a horrible death and then proved you were God by rising from the dead. There is pretty strong historical evidence that that event occurred.

Not the argument you want to make when you're defending Christianity.

At worst the canonized Gospels were written within a few decades of Jesus’ ministry. The letters of Paul came even earlier and confirm the major doctrines of Christianity that are presented by Jesus in the Gospel accounts.

Live a life of sorrow?

May 21, 2018, 11:24 AM

He had folks following him around wherever he went worshiping him, letting him crash at their places, had no real income, and was banging Mary Magdalene on the reg.

How was he any worse off than any one else during that time period?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Live a life of sorrow?

May 21, 2018, 11:33 AM

Re: Live a life of sorrow?***

May 21, 2018, 11:59 AM

Re: Live a life of sorrow?

May 21, 2018, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Live a life of sorrow? ]

The gospels record that he “had no place to lay his head” and the book of Isaiah says he would be a “man of sorrows”.

As for life in the first century, it is well known that there were plenty of wealthy people. Jesus regularly interacted with them and it’s believed that two of his closest disciples, James and John, came from a wealthy family. Matthew the tax collector who penned the Gospel attributed to him was most likely very well off as well.

“No real income”....not sure how that statement would prove he was not living a life of poverty.

You said sorrow, not poverty.

May 21, 2018, 4:06 PM

I know poor folks who are living the dream by mooching off others.

Sounds like JC was doing OK.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"historical evidence"

May 21, 2018, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Um ]

Re: In our weakness God's power is perfected

May 20, 2018, 5:24 PM

Thumbs up to you brother and may your post infiltrate some
unbelievers on this forum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO obvious.***

May 21, 2018, 9:24 AM