Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win

Jan 11, 2019, 1:01 PM

"Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables was trying to make his way off the field after Monday night’s National Championship win over Alabama, but his smile wouldn’t get out of the way. Venables stopped to pose for pictures, conducted interviews with the few media members left on the field, and finally made his way to the tunnel that led to the locker room. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words we felt like we would be ahead and

Jan 11, 2019, 1:14 PM

they would be desperate based on: "It was game plan specific just assuming that there might be a critical time in the game when they needed to seize the momentum and make a play."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win

Jan 11, 2019, 1:34 PM

LMAO, but how could he say that his guys done such a great job against Bama when, the Bama players clearly said that nothing Clemson done caused them to lose that game. They clearly said that it was bc of what they did to them selves, and that was that they shot them selves in the foot. I say that is total BS, it BS because if that would have been any other team that was in the playoffs, Bama would have beat the crap out of them. They beat Oklahoma to get there, and there isn't a hint of a doubt in my mind that they would have beat the crap out of Notre Dame also. What Bama needs to accept and understand, Clemson made them shoot their self in the foot. If they would have played any of the other top 10 teams, they would have been the first ever 15-0 team, and they would have been the National Champions, but they played against the Clemson Tigers, and Clemson proved that they wasn't the #1 team in the country, 15-0 Clemson IS The #1 Team in the Country!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win

Jan 11, 2019, 3:47 PM

Sad that a great program like Alabama, having been torched, now resorts to lame excuse: Well, we beat ourselves, etc., etc. Surely Nick Saban is embarrassed by this obvious this obvious lack of class on the part of some of his key players. And that lard-a$$ Bama lineman, who got his head handed to him throughout the game has never learned one basic law of communication: "Put mind in gear before putting mouth in motion." Incidentally, this slug didn't have a single sack throughout the entire game! He will be devoured in the NFL, if he even makes it.

Bam > BOOM!!!***

Jan 11, 2019, 2:04 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me that Coach V has a special squad coming.

Jan 11, 2019, 2:50 PM

If Clemson is already going to be amazing on offense and Coach V is actually excited about his defense for next season, then we may as well chalk up another national title under our belts because it will happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I use to grieve when players left but that was over half a..

Jan 11, 2019, 7:12 PM

decade ago. Now I look forward to seeing them move on because of the excitement of seeing how long it will be before there's a drop off in quality. I haven't seen it but one time, we lost DW to the draft and it took a year to replace him with a better quarterback.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I use to grieve when players left but that was over half a..

Jan 12, 2019, 6:24 PM

Didn’t Dabo early in the season at a meeting or something all the coaches were doing something fun and coach V was diagramming plays or schemes. He really enjoys his job and guys!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 2:52 PM

I was just on a Bama site and you'd think the world has ended. It's so funny how seriously we all take this sport. I love it as much as anyone, but it's not worth slicing my own throat or anything.

can you post a link to a Bama site? Thanks.***

Jan 11, 2019, 3:21 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: can you post a link to a Bama site? Thanks.***

Jan 11, 2019, 4:02 PM

Here is a good one to start with. https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307259

Apparently:
1. They had a bad night
2. Trevor was wildly inaccurate
3. It was a fluke and they shot themselves in the foot
4. We got lucky
5. Tua Turndaballova is a much more accurate QB

Wow, just wow.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: can you post a link to a Bama site? Thanks.***

Jan 11, 2019, 4:26 PM

The striking thing about their bored is how much it resembles FGF...Same delusional butcracks...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win ]

So don't. Simple solution.

Jan 11, 2019, 3:54 PM

Man I love this guy. He is a big reason we are competing for titles. He is worth every penny. Thanks, Brent, and keep up the good work. GO TIGERS!

There's a bunch of 'faux' Tide fans

Jan 11, 2019, 4:47 PM

Populating those boards, same as PF's show. They've been eating all that 'cheese' Saban's warned them about.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2019, 5:34 PM

Thanks Coach V. It was a pleasure to watch the D execute and wide receivers BYOG and out man Alabama Double coverage. Love that Pinkney smother the fake field goad to show Clemson depth. While it was a total team effort Defense wins championships and it showed yet again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Jan 11, 2019, 6:53 PM

^^^ totally gets it ^^^

All you have to do is look at the pac12 or b12... and you can see how they’ve tried to out point everyone and it works well until you play a complete team. Credit Dabo for having the vision to realize that and bring in the best defensive mind ever.

I have no doubt CBV is the best ever!!! Thanks CBV. Get started Friday to get him one, music to my ears.

Go Tigers, Go CBV!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach V is relentless in his joy of coaching!!!

Jan 11, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: "Bam!! How about that!" Brent Venables' defense showed a sheer will to win ]

Loved what he shouted out to Kane Patterson after the game, especially the last portion:

"And I’ll see you Friday after you get moved in, and I can’t wait to coach you and let’s get started on another one of these for you.”

You gotta love Jimmy Greenbeans!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic