Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golf Update: Clemson advances to NCAA Men's Golf championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Golf Update: Clemson advances to NCAA Men's Golf championship

May 17, 2017, 5:37 PM

Clemson advances to NCAA Men's Golf championship

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers

May 17, 2017, 5:48 PM

nows the time to get HOT

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Go Tigers

May 17, 2017, 6:10 PM

Watched the Tigers perform at a high level on a difficult scoring day due to windy conditions. It is interesting that Clemson was one of the two qualifiers who had very little practice time at this course. I hope this indicates they will have a strong showing at the National and bring home the title. Go Tigers !!!

Go Tigers. Proud of them and followed them on

May 17, 2017, 6:57 PM

Golfstat all day long for the past three days. He's where I need help. Golfstat says the Coots did not make the NCAA. No way that can be possible. What happened?

Re: Golf Update: Clemson advances to NCAA Men's Golf championship

May 17, 2017, 7:04 PM

And niether did fla. they were #5. Coots weren't ranked. Bad year for the coots!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2017, 7:11 PM

So proud of our tigers. The young guns pulled us through like all spring! Was pulling for you Bryson. You were oh so close.

To the fella that went, curious what happened on 17 w Bryson. Ok Carson and Austin, you guys have to help the young whipper snappers bring us back a natty. At least make the cut for match play!!!!

Why so little practice time on the course? Per op.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 10:21 AM

I didn't watch Bryson play those holes. Followed Doc for back nine because I thought his finish would determine whether Tigers made top 5. Bryson did play 18 great and had about 10-12 ft for eagle that looked great but just didn't go. NCAA has limits on official practice rounds at Regional and National venues. Schools that are close to those sites can get around those rules. For instance, some teams have conference events at those sites. Some teams, especially those within easy driving or those with a teammate who is a member of that course can play "unofficial" practice rounds. It would be very similar to a situation where Furman would be put in the Regional that Clemson will host in the future. I was told this has been addressed by NCAA but hard to change/enforce. There were at least 5 teams who had extensive experience on that course. That makes the Clemson performance remarkable. I don't for sure if the other 4 qualifiers took advantage of that but at least two or three were in a position to do so. MTSU was the host team and could practice thay want but they did not qualify. Hope that answers most of your questions.

May 18, 2017, 6:01 PM

Yes it does and I can't thank you enough for taking the time out and responding. Probably would have followed Doc too. Hopefully this helps Austin get back in the swing of things...

That does make Clemson's performance that much more special. Can't wait til I retire and able to get to some of the tournament play.

In case you were wondering where the men's and women's

May 17, 2017, 7:48 PM

championships will be... Rich Harvest Farms, home of the NIU golf team. It's a beast of a course, measuring 7735 yds. with a course rating of 79.1 and a slope of 155. Whoever wins it will be deserving. I care not to play it.

http://golfweek.com/2017/05/03/2017-ncaa-golf-championship-rich-harvest-farms-course-host/

http://www.oobgolf.com/courses/scorecard.php?id=5106

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: In case you were wondering where the men's and women's

May 17, 2017, 8:36 PM

Wow, lucky you getting to play it. Unbelievable that courses are inching closer to 8000 yrds. That's crazy kinda golf. Guess that'd make the senior tee s oh... maybe 7000. No thanks. CR 79.1... hardest course I've ever played is the ocean course.

I can't wait to see it on tv. Go Tigers. Got a good feeling about this team. Fearless!

Havent played it.

May 18, 2017, 6:03 PM

Poor wording on my part for "I don't want to play it". Golf is supposed to be fun and a slope of 155 won't be fun. I stay away from anything > 135. My old a$$ can't hit the ball like I used to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 18, 2017, 12:12 AM

One more sweet nugget on the Tigers finish today. Vandy is the #1 ranked team.

May 18, 2017, 9:29 AM

So proud of our ladies and men's golf team. Both on to the Natty! Wow. What a Tiger year. Hit em stiff!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 5:52 PM

Absolutely is wonderful that the lady sticks made it too. Only a handful of teams have both competing!

Thanks for posting. Tiger golf deserves all the respect and recognition it can get. Not only quality athletes but even better students.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic