Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can CFP survive putting Bama in w/ loss over OU & OSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Can CFP survive putting Bama in w/ loss over OU & OSU?

Nov 30, 2018, 4:24 PM

B1G might withdraw and just go back to the Rose Bowl with the Pac-12. They've threatened it before.

I seriously think the CFP could fall apart and we would be back to the pre-BCS set-up until it gets ironed out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can CFP survive putting Bama in w/ loss over OU & OSU?

Nov 30, 2018, 4:53 PM

There's a multiyear agreement for the CFP with several years still left on it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 4:56 PM

I don’t think it can service if Ohio state wins and/or Oklahoma wins. They talk about our SOS but how many teams did they beat with a record better than 6-5

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 30, 2018, 4:59 PM

I’m just going to say I wouldn’t want to be the committee chair and have to tell the B1G comissioner that his conference champ finished #5 two years in a row. Especially this year when they’re a 1 loss champ with maybe the best win of anyone in the top 10. Once a few leagues get shafted a few times, the revolt will begin.

I’m sure Swoffy is thankful for Clemson right now, because they’d have missed the CFP every year since 2014 without us.

ugly ugly loss- hanging around that neck that may not be

Nov 30, 2018, 5:18 PM

overlooked. Best teams go....when you compare in 3 team pods BAMA vs OSU vs OU-- all the exact same record, Bama has probably more top 25 wins than anyone, will have by far the best loss, has a defense, had the best #s- conference championships are only to be used to break ties when the teams are considered equal- they won't be, Bama goes in that scenario. Not going to matter, BAMA will beat UGA unless Tua gets hurt. Debate will be OU vs and OSU and that argument can go either way. OU probably gets the nod--ranked ahead now and will beat a better opponent in the championship game this w/e if both teams win.

Re: ugly ugly loss- hanging around that neck that may not be

Nov 30, 2018, 6:00 PM

They had an ugly loss to VT at home in 2014 when VT went I think 6-6 or 7-5 and they won the NC that year.

beginning of the season against VT and they didn't lose by

Nov 30, 2018, 6:20 PM

and OSU won their title game against #13 59-0 to jump

Nov 30, 2018, 6:23 PM

TCU and Baylor who didn't play the 13th game- totally diff scenario

Nov 30, 2018, 5:01 PM

College Playoff Committee has not operated according to their own guidelines of preferring conference champions for playoff slots. So basically it breach of contract on their part costing the Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 millions of dollars.
Don't be surprised if they put Georgia in the playoff along with Alabama if this is the LAST CFP playoff as we know it.

Nov 30, 2018, 5:09 PM

Agreed waterboy, but conversely don’t be completely shocked if they do follow their guidelines and jump both OSU and OU over ND once they clinch a championship. I’d have no problem with it. I mean ND had close games with Michigan and NW. OSU will likely destroy both of them. Common opponents are another piece of their “criteria”.

all the P5s share in the CFB $ regardless if their team

Nov 30, 2018, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Can CFP survive putting Bama in w/ loss over OU & OSU? ]

makes the playoff or not

Nov 30, 2018, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Can CFP survive putting Bama in w/ loss over OU & OSU? ]

Doesn't say anything about of preferring conference championship. Just one criteria to be considered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 5:13 PM

Yes, of course it will.

In a word...YES***

Nov 30, 2018, 5:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully.***

Nov 30, 2018, 5:20 PM

yes***

Nov 30, 2018, 5:29 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Nov 30, 2018, 6:16 PM

B1G might withdraw and just go back to the Rose Bowl with the Pac-12. They've threatened it before.

I seriously think the CFP could fall apart and we would be back to the pre-BCS set-up until it gets ironed out.

No, the CFP would not survive putting in bammer after losing the sec title game if ohiostate or ok wins.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 6:16 PM

Obviously and they will. If Bama loses and plays well they are still in. It's a slam dunk. Nobody on any sports talk show on TV thinks any differently. It's down to Georgia, Sooners, and Ohio State for the 4th spot.

Alabama is better than both OU and OSU

Nov 30, 2018, 6:21 PM

Until the parameters are changed from putting the best 4 teams in, the CFP is fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic