Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run?

Aug 20, 2015, 8:11 AM

Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run?

Yesterday we took a look at the question marks that surround the Clemson program heading into the final two weeks before the season opener. Now we take a look at the good we've seen, and there is plenty to smile about. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run?

Aug 20, 2015, 8:20 AM

I like this article better than the last article.

Hoods reacting to latest polling data

Aug 20, 2015, 9:38 AM

Natives didn't like the frank approach yesterday. Gotta get those numbers up. I hope Crump wasn't too tough on the Hoods. Or maybe those two have worked out the good cop / bad cop deal. Very clever you two.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run? ]

A championship team will need descent special teams play. Those guys better grow up real quick, or they will kick our seasons goals wide left/right or short!!! Tight games are won from the Foot of a punter or a kicker. I'm not all in with Juco players but, this maybe the year we should have took a look at a couple that could do both, punt and kick. Or at least took a good look at our soccer team players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 8:24 AM

I think we go 10-2 this year. Peach Bowl and ACC Champs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 20, 2015, 8:51 AM

Clemson will make the playoff

Aug 20, 2015, 8:52 AM

I hope you're right, I like your optimism. I just think our lack of depth on OL and LB, and special teams will hurt us somewhere along the line this year.

2016 will be our year to make a run.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

2016 will be a better team but the schedule is tougher.

Aug 20, 2015, 10:00 AM

Auburn, FSU, Ga Tech on the road.

Pitt is our crossover game and they should be getting better.

2016 could be out NC year but Auburn and FSU should both be better than this year and we get those two on the road.

I like our chances better this year to run the table with all our tough games in DV.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2016 will be a better team but the schedule is tougher.

Aug 20, 2015, 10:16 AM

Getting a shot at the playoffs is as much about sustaining success as it is about having a perfect season. You've got to prove you "belong" over the long-term. I think we've done enough to prove that if we have a special season.
Barring injuries, I think we go 11-1 this year. We're talented enough to beat Louisville on the road. Notre Dame just doesn't scare me that much. This is the year we MUST beat FSU to keep pace atop the ACC, and I think we get it done. I hate to say it, but I don't like those road dates against Miami and NC State. Miami thinks they might have something this year, and NC State gives us fits on the road. But that's as things stand today. Things happen during the course of a season.

Aug 20, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run? ]

What are you thinking...we won't have to punt when we're scoring touchdowns, and even I could play OL when you only have to block for DW4 for 2 seconds. And have you heard of Ben Boulware? He was born with a HEMI, and his engine never stops.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 11:10 AM

You assume nobody gets hurt. Again, I hope you guys are right because we have zero depth this year.

Screw Calford.

Aug 20, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run? ]

I don't think that's possible... Losing 2 games and still winning the ACC.

So if we're a 1 loss team with an ACC champ, we go to the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2015, 8:26 AM

Great positive article ! Has DH packed for C00tville or Siberia yet ? His choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11-1***

Aug 20, 2015, 8:53 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: 11-1***

Aug 20, 2015, 12:47 PM

I'd be happy with 11-1 and an ACC Championship. Too bad it may not be good enough for the 4 team playoff. Any word on when they're going to expand it?

Aug 20, 2015, 4:49 PM

How could that not be good enough? Ohio St lost miserably to a horrible VT team and played an incredibly weak schedule and made the playoff with a conference championship. What would be the difference?

who's your suggested loss?

Aug 20, 2015, 1:09 PM [ in reply to 11-1*** ]

I can't see us losing at home....

Aug 20, 2015, 6:15 PM [ in reply to 11-1*** ]

Do you think the Lost is to? Did the recent report get it right and say its Georgia Tech for us to have a rematch in the ACC Championship? Or is it for Fl State? Hopefully it is not the coots.

Aug 20, 2015, 9:17 AM

Other than the concerns mentioned yesterday, we still don't know how the new offensive coordinator(s) are going to perform. Let's hope they are ready.

Aug 20, 2015, 10:18 AM

That's the least of my worries. Injuries will derail us faster than anything else.

This only reaffirms what we all already knew.....

Aug 20, 2015, 9:18 AM

Nikki > David ;)

Aug 20, 2015, 9:28 AM

Great Article David. Our ceiling is really high for this year and years to come. Dabo and crew have done a good job of building the roster. We couldn't ask for better coaches or roster, they do a great job of recruiting. They all realize their isn't a better place place to be than Clemson.

Great breakdown David, we all can expect great things the next 3-4 years with the recruits we have now. It's a great time to be a Tiger. We are going to break in a new term for Clemson and it will look like consistency.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Did you read who wrote the article?

Aug 20, 2015, 10:32 AM

Or did you just assume it was David? Or did you assume David was using Nikki as a pseudonym?

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

David didn't write this article bro...

Aug 20, 2015, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Camp Wrap: Young and talented group ready to make a title run? ]

nm

Fairly sure Gallman is a Jr. - enjoyed rest of article - GO

Aug 20, 2015, 9:42 AM

TIGERS!

Redshirt Sophomore***

Aug 20, 2015, 9:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, that means that he can declare for draft, right?

Aug 20, 2015, 12:34 PM

I read somewhere that he could, so thought that meant he was Jr.?

So basically, Nikki...

Aug 20, 2015, 10:33 AM

You and David disagree on whether we will make the playoffs this year.

I'm on your side.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

In Nikki's defense... We ARE undefeated.***

Aug 20, 2015, 11:18 AM

Re: Just....

Aug 20, 2015, 12:18 PM

... take it to the "chickens" and show no mercy and i'll be happy. Word is that all they want to do is spoil the Tiger's season.

hypothetical: so 11-1, ACC Champs, but we lose tight one at Cola....

Aug 20, 2015, 1:13 PM

you still happy?

is that good enough to make playoff?

by the way, I'm with you: it don't get no better than beating the Coots like a drum.

Re: hypothetical: so 11-1, ACC Champs, but we lose tight one at Cola....

Aug 20, 2015, 1:32 PM

I'm not worried about the SEC coot team. Without a good punt/kick team, I worry more about the games that I think will be close, FSU and ND!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hypothetical: so 11-1, ACC Champs, but we lose tight one at Cola....

Aug 20, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to hypothetical: so 11-1, ACC Champs, but we lose tight one at Cola.... ]

even to go 1-11, beating the "dirt peckers",badly, yeah i'm still happy.

That's the good, the bad is....

Aug 20, 2015, 4:38 PM

young & in-experienced OL.
Sure they should be good enough against Wofford and App state.
But what about FSU, Notre Dame, Louisville, etc...

We're thin at LB..how soon before that shows up?

And what "if"....the unthinkable happens, #4 goes down-ugh.

Just thoughts.

Aug 20, 2015, 5:46 PM

Call me negative Nellie, but I just don't see this season being as successful as a lot of the media and fans are expecting..Our schedule is much more difficult than it appears...At Louisville and Miami scare me.....ND, GT and FSU could go either way...BC and NCST always play us tough...and then there's SC..Who knows what the coots have this year with all those JUCO players coming in...I'm thinking 10-2 at best and that's assuming we stay 100% healthy which just isn't realistic...If Watson gets hurt or we lose just one or two other key players at OL or LB we're toast...Like I said, this is a 10-2 team at best...6-6 at worst...9-3 most likely, which wouldn't be a bad year overall, but just not the great one a lot of folks are expecting.

Program wise, I think we're on the right track and we're just 1 or 2 more good recruiting classes away from being a legit title contender..The biggest area we must improve on is Oline.

Aug 20, 2015, 5:53 PM

^^I'm with you on this line of thinking. I'm going to remain with 8-4 to 10-2, with 9-3 my best guess for the regular season. Until I can watch them play the first 3 games, that probably won't change.

Aug 20, 2015, 5:50 PM

They need to only write GOOD things, and leave the naysaying to people like me. :)

11-1* - Loss in GaT rebound from Big ND Win

Aug 20, 2015, 11:29 PM

Then we clip FSU and SC and beat GaT in ACC Championship Game. Good season ahead!

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic