Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for David Hood or any other expert
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Question for David Hood or any other expert

Dec 12, 2019, 5:33 AM

What's the official word on Braden Galloway? From what I understand, he has been fully participating in practices all year and is eligible to play now. Has there been any word on what the coaches plan to do?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't claim to be an expert...

Dec 12, 2019, 5:52 AM

But Coach Dabo said in his pre-Fesita Bowl interview that they are waiting to hear on final clearance for Galloway. Once we get that, he expects him to play.

I am not sure to what extent.....since he has been on the pratice squad only until recently (mentioned in another interview).

I for one hope he gets to come in and make a positive impact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In July, The State reported this:

Dec 12, 2019, 6:18 AM

"Clemson’s Braden Galloway will be suspended for the 2019 regular season, but the Tigers starting tight end should be back for the postseason and would be eligible to play in the College Football Playoff, if Clemson makes it...NCAA rules state that a player is suspended for a calendar year after failing a drug test, so Galloway would be eligible in any postseason game the Tigers play in after mid December."

Dabo was also quoted. “If we’re fortunate enough to be in a high level postseason game that’s after the middle of December (he is eligible). If we’re playing early in December we probably didn’t have a very good year. But he would have the opportunity, I think, to be back for that.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article232832262.html

Re: Question for David Hood or any other expert

Dec 12, 2019, 5:53 AM

Swinney was asked earlier this week. He said they are still waiting on the NCAA to declare him eligible again. Seems ridiculous to still be waiting but I have no idea how that is handled. Maybe they are waiting on another drug test result?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 6:09 AM

Without consulting any manuals or guidelines , I would guess that the aforementioned NCAA clearance deal is all that is holding him up from playing time .

This is a pure guess , because it's too early to fire up the Oculus and signal David Hood .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 12, 2019, 6:38 AM

;)

Dec 12, 2019, 6:52 AM

As an expert I would caution about expecting too much from a guy who has not played an actual game in 13 months. I know some will say he has practiced all year but practice is not the same as a game. It’s why teams get better throughout the season. He may catch a pass or two but doubt he will be a game changer until next year

Dec 12, 2019, 7:37 AM

I’m an expert, too (just ask me, and I’ll tell you), and I think he will be high;y productive against the Buckeyes. They are weak at LB pass coverage. He will eat them alive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Question for David Hood or any other expert ]

I agree to a point. One of the best things might be that OSU will have to account for him in their game plan. Even if his contributions are not as great on the field, I expect the Bucknuts will be more hesitant to bring pressure, since Galloway has a perception to be more dangerous than our other options at tight end. I would doubt that they would ignore him for concern that it might turn into an OJ Howard type of situation, where he did little before repeatedly being missed by us in our first championship game versus Alabama.

Dec 12, 2019, 7:52 AM

I believe he is officially back after December 15th. But yes, he has been working with scout team all year

Dec 12, 2019, 7:57 AM

Galloway's suspension lasts for a full year from the date of the original failed test, which, if I recall was around December 15, 2018.

Here is a NCAA statement:

The penalty for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug (PED) is strict and automatic: student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for 365 days from the date of the test.

If you are bored or an attorney, here is all you ever need to know about reinstatement. In short, he has to pass a final test and of course be clean. That could have already happened per the link.

http://www.ncaa.org/compliance/reinstatement/reinstatement-involving-testing-positive-ncaa-banned-substance-ncaa-bylaw-184151-and-184152

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 8:43 AM

Is there anything that would make the particular date relevant, since he is already eligible practice? If I am reading things correctly, though his drug test for reinstatement can come after the 11 month, we cannot officially request reinstatement until the 15th. If that is the case there may be a couple of day lag until the suspension is lifted, but nothing that would affect the game on the 28th. I guess my real question is, for all practical purposes, was the suspension not over as soon as the coot game ended since there are no other games before the suspension is up?

Dec 12, 2019, 9:58 AM

Did you forget about our most recent ACC Championship already?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12/15/19***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

The NCAA sends the reinstatement letters out in hieroglyphic writing, on parchment, to be delivered by 3 men on camels who have been subcontracted from a firm in Ahmedabad, India. I heard there was a hold up as the camels didn't like the swimming part of the trip so results may be delayed!

He's been practicing all season...

Dec 12, 2019, 8:27 AM

and he'll be eligible to play again starting on 12/15/19.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:49 AM

For the record, I an the oldest poster on this board and also have the distinction 0f being the only one on the board who is not an expert.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will the let Dexter come back too?***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:51 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic