Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In Case You Missed It!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

In Case You Missed It!!!!

Mar 25, 2015, 11:36 AM

http://nypost.com/2015/03/25/ted-cruz-signing-up-for-obamacare-after-vowing-to-repeal-it/

and why am I not shocked his wife works for Goldman Sachs?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not getting your point - so he is following the law as

Mar 25, 2015, 11:39 AM

it is written, even though he doesn't like it?

Sounds like the 99% of Americans who pay taxes to me... I'd wager none of them like it very much.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think SS sucks but I'm hell as ya taking my money when

Mar 25, 2015, 11:54 AM

I retire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the link. I wasn't a fan a Ted before your post.

Mar 25, 2015, 11:56 AM

Now I think he is, at least, worth a look. A congressman who thinks members should be subjected to the same laws as their constituents - what a novel idea. As for his wife, who gives a #### where she works?!

Bingo!***

Mar 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the link. I wasn't a fan a Ted before your post.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Thanks for the link. I wasn't a fan a Ted before your post. ]

the hypocrisy is breath taking with Cruz.

I think maybe you aren't very smart. Following the law

Mar 25, 2015, 12:24 PM

even you don't like it is not hypocrisy, it's living in a society under the rule of law as a responsble citizen.

Hyporcrisy might be better defined by, say for example, someone who says over and over that he doesn't have the authority to change the immigration law with executive order until his last term and it becomes convenient and then does it anyway.

Or someone who makes a living fearmongering about global warming, but dumps more CO2 in the air with his private jet than 90% of the normal people.

Or someone who fires a staffer for using personal email accounts, but using a personal email account herself.

Those things are hypocrisy - unlike Cruz who is forced by law to sign up for a social program that he vehemently disagrees with.

Re: I think maybe you aren't very smart. Following the law

Mar 25, 2015, 1:08 PM

Hypocrisy would also be pushing laws to make government more accountable while a Senator and then becoming the least accountable presidential administration in history. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2015, 1:23 PM

Hypocrisy could also be burning 9,000 gallons of jet fuel To go Plant a single tree on Earth Day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2015, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I think maybe you aren't very smart. Following the law ]

You guys are morons. He could go straight to the private sector without using the ACA. He's an fn hypocrite.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2015, 1:27 PM

it is not like he shut down the government over it.

[slow clap]***

Mar 25, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to I think maybe you aren't very smart. Following the law ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

You mean the same Goldman Sachs Barry has been

Mar 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

taking all the money from? The same one he has sent all his croonies to?

Re: You mean the same Goldman Sachs Barry has been

Mar 25, 2015, 12:12 PM

same one, they own a big chunk of this country. Maybe this would have been a better cause to shut down the government over, seeing as how he is on our side.

Your King is leading the charge for them***

Mar 25, 2015, 12:16 PM

Re: Your King is leading the charge for them***

Mar 25, 2015, 12:20 PM

odd, you are only a year removed from calling him a marxist, but then again very little you post on this forum ever pans out.

Marxism leads to a dictatorial gov

Mar 25, 2015, 12:28 PM

Gee barry surely isn't doing that.

Re: Marxism leads to a dictatorial gov

Mar 25, 2015, 12:33 PM

free association is one of your gifts, but no.

Cut it out, Tigerbalm.

Mar 25, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Your King is leading the charge for them*** ]

I mean, xtiger called it on Net Neutrality and Colorado marijuana use.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Which is really scary if you stop and think about it.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Your King is leading the charge for them*** ]

Even if you are one of those anti-Capitalist people who hate America, you have to be concerned that the centers of wealth are becoming so closely aligned with the increasingly powerful federal government (centralized power).

I'm not saying that anyone is a communist, but I'm not sure what else you would call it when we get to the point when the government owns all the wealth and all the power.

Re: Which is really scary if you stop and think about it.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:25 PM

hmm, you mean the banks own all the wealth and power?, the government serves their interests first, not sure how that is communism.

We'll slow it down for you - follow the posts.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:27 PM

The same people who work at the huge banks (wealth) are increasingly also working in the government (power).

Re: We'll slow it down for you - follow the posts.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:38 PM

right, you are doing a bang up job of explaining how capitalism works, I am still waiting for you to convince me that our government has all the wealth and power. Considering they owe 18 trillion to the federal reserve, we can just go ahead and scratch off the wealth part. Seeing as how goldman is buying up our politicians, we can also go with the the government not having much power either. At least not in comparison to our central banks who have been buying this country up one recession at a time.

The more powerful government gets, the more cozy the

Mar 25, 2015, 2:20 PM

corporations get with the government.

FWIW...the government does not owe $18 trillion to the Federal Reserve.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikepatton/2014/10/28/who-owns-the-most-u-s-debt/

And FWIW...the QE trillions that came from the Federal Reserve are not part of our $18 trillion government debt.

Since you clearly don't understand how our debt works, I not sure how much value I place in your opinions on capitalism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got it backwards.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Which is really scary if you stop and think about it. ]

It's not that the government owns all the wealth and all the power, it's that all the wealth and all the power own the government.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Barry agrees

Mar 25, 2015, 12:53 PM

http://www.wsj.com/articles/google-makes-most-of-close-ties-to-white-house-1427242076

Re: Barry agrees

Mar 25, 2015, 12:59 PM

I am sure it would be a lot different under cruz.

Are you so blindly partisan that you think this only applies

Mar 25, 2015, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Barry agrees ]

To Obama and the Dems?

Oh, and BTW, Net Neutrality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

where did i say that?***

Mar 25, 2015, 1:55 PM

Barry, King Barry, Barry, Barry, Barry

Mar 25, 2015, 1:58 PM

I know you always pretend you're not a right-wing shill who doesn't shotgun Fox News propaganda, but it's pretty obvious.

I know Obama sucks, but he certainly hasn't cornered the market on that. The big corporations in this nation own both parties and you clowns pretend it's more so for one party than the other.

And Net Neutrality. You're laughably avoiding it.

never did i say that and never will i say he is the only one

Mar 25, 2015, 2:41 PM

believe me I know there are serious corrupt politicians. And I was one of the voters that got rid of one in Eric Cantor.

So you think you know me but you have no clue.

If you use terms like "King Barry"...

Mar 25, 2015, 2:48 PM

You're suckling the Fox News ### because they toss that one around a lot. You very rarely, if ever, blast GOP politicians for engaging in the same behavior as Obama and other Dems. Sorry, man, the partisanship is there. Just embrace it like guys like junkyard tiger.

Pres. Obama, IMO, is a bad president, but that can be argued without partisanship or playground tactics.

I use King b/c he has become one with

Mar 25, 2015, 2:54 PM

all of his executive orders. And these aint piddly executive orders. He said it himself, "I will do it by hook or by crook".

And I've always called him Barry b/c that is his name.

Both of those names fit him perfectly. He gets zero respect from me at all b/c of what he has done to this country.

Feel the same way about Bush?

Mar 25, 2015, 3:02 PM

He and his admin committed some pretty terrible atrocities. I put him and Obama in the same ballpark.

I am far from a Bush fan but for different reasons than you

Mar 25, 2015, 3:09 PM

i expect. He was a traitor on immigration and spending which were my biggest beefs. His brother looks in the exact same mold as well which is why he will be the last candidate in my list.

Net Neutrality.***

Mar 25, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to You mean the same Goldman Sachs Barry has been ]

Shouldn't he be getting that wonderful free Canadian health

Mar 25, 2015, 12:02 PM

care?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Shouldn't he be getting that wonderful free Canadian health

Mar 25, 2015, 12:46 PM

No longer a Canuck citizen.

Pretty sure he has to if he wants insurance, right?***

Mar 25, 2015, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, I was in the same boat***

Mar 25, 2015, 1:35 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

So he is following the law, and this is bad?***

Mar 25, 2015, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I do not support Cruz and would consider leaving the country

Mar 25, 2015, 12:45 PM

if he were potus. However, his signing up for the ACA is proper, legal, and required.

Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by

Mar 25, 2015, 12:55 PM

ignoring them. Sitting at the back of the bus, for example. There was also this thing called the Boston Tea Party which I'm pretty sure was illegal. Ted Cruz has probably heard of that one.

He could simply refuse to sign up using an Obamacare exchange and instead buy insurance as an individual. That would be in accordance with the law without "going on Obamacare."

Whether or not you think he's doing the right thing by staying within the law, you have to at least admit it's a little funny. It's like if Obama were legally required to carry a firearm.

or if he had armed guards keeping him safe from harm

Mar 25, 2015, 1:13 PM

while wanting to force the rest of us to be without means of protecting ourselves.

That would be pretty funny.

Sure!***

Mar 25, 2015, 1:17 PM

Re: Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by

Mar 25, 2015, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by ]

It's not a little funny at all. It's called being a politician. Imagine that!!! Imagine Dems. and the MSM getting all worked up over a politician being a politician. We are in the us vs. them season, so just get used to it. Probably better to just ignore 99% of it, but I know we won't and that goes for me as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2015, 1:31 PM

for your sake, I hope the death panels do not get him.

Mar 25, 2015, 1:33 PM

I hope the death panels do not get anyone, including you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2015, 1:36 PM

thanks

Mar 25, 2015, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by ]

Main stream would also call him racist for doing so. That wouldn't help.

Mar 25, 2015, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by ]

Actually the law is set up that members of congress without employer insurance has to go on the federal exchange.

Read the Grassley amendment

This isn't nearly as dramatic

Mar 25, 2015, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Historically people have stood up against unjust laws by ]

Republicans didn't argue against Obamacare because they thought it would violate their civil rights, they simply argued against it because they didn't think it was the best policy for dealing reforming health insurance. They also didn't argue against exchanges because they thought, in every case, it would be subpar compared to unsubsidized insurance, but because the existence of subsidized insurance might cause some people to lose the plans they preferred because it was cheaper for their employers just to put them on the exchange (others lost the plans they preferred because they didn't meet the standards for insurance established in Obamacare). In fact, the inclusion in Obamacare of the requirement for members of congress and their staffs to enroll in Obamacare exchanges was intended to make sure that all members of congress had to experience what their constituents might experience.

In the case of members of congress, the "preferred" employer sponsored insurance is no longer an option because, by law, members of congress and their staffs are no longer eligible for the same federal employee health benefit plans available to all other federal employees. So there isn't really an option analogous to "sitting at the front of the bus," or the Boston Tea Party, because even signing up for a plan on the individual market wouldn't be asserting anything like what Republicans like Cruz want to see happen. In fact, enrolling on the individual market means losing any employer subsidy for insurance, which really has nothing to do with Republican policy preferences.

So it's not like if Obama were required to carry a firearm; it's more like if Obama already had a pistol for personal protection, but the pistol was taken away because of a law that said presidents could only have a government subsidized assault rifle (or some other type of gun he didn't particularly like because he didn't think it was very effective for his purposes) or he could hunt around for a Saturday night special for an inflated price.

The zombie argument method.

Mar 25, 2015, 4:30 PM

Like zombies, each sentence by itself poses little threat. But if your adversary is confronted with hundreds of them simultaneously they're overwhelmed and defeated by sheer volume.

Re: I do not support Cruz and would consider leaving the country

Mar 25, 2015, 1:52 PM [ in reply to I do not support Cruz and would consider leaving the country ]

I've thought about leaving with Barry taking us to the gutter.
Country can't handle 4 more years under similar guidance. If the next potus has similar ambition I'm sure thousands will be questioning that decision. Really hope it doesn't come to that though. The man should have been impeached about 3 years ago.

Mar 25, 2015, 2:04 PM

you have both houses, why not impeach him now?

oh yeah, tough talk from conservative old men.

Mar 25, 2015, 2:29 PM

What do you think would happen to our country. I say he's worthy of impeachment, though know the reason he hasn't been kicked out
is because half the country would not look at the facts, riot cause mayhem.

Think about it... if he was brought up for impeachment and proven guilty as charged consider the riots that would pursue.
So, hopefully next time around everything runs better. I know you think he been a terrible president too.

Why do you think there would be riots?

Mar 25, 2015, 2:31 PM

Clinton was impeached for far less than what Obama has done and there were no riots.

Re: Why do you think there would be riots?

Mar 25, 2015, 2:34 PM

He remained in office and he's white. If obama is forced out some would argue that it was the color of his skin and not because problems in office. It would be ugly.

Clinton was extremely popular with black America

Mar 25, 2015, 2:39 PM

And are you insinuating that only black people get angry and riot over circumstances like this?

You ever seen West Virginia fans after a loss?

Re: Clinton was extremely popular with black America

Mar 25, 2015, 7:14 PM

Remember seeing some cars on fire when San Francisco won the world series. Same with the Phillies and other northeastern teams.
Never understand why they would raise that much hell after they win.

Mar 25, 2015, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I do not support Cruz and would consider leaving the country ]

no dog whistle politics there

Mar 25, 2015, 2:35 PM

Only corruption from the men in charge.

Mar 25, 2015, 2:36 PM

I am speaking in reference to your post on riots, and possible looting if Obama gets impeached.

very clever.

I thought the rich didn't have to obey the law.***

Mar 26, 2015, 7:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic