Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Impeachment thing aside, question about Trump's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Impeachment thing aside, question about Trump's

Jan 27, 2020, 10:03 AM

commentary to generals last week (was it last week?), where he basically said "I wouldn't go to war with you losers, you don't know how to win." Did that get any play in the Lounge? How does the party of Supporting The Troops square this relative to a guy that dodged the draft? Is Trump just draining the military swamp? Exactly how far does the swamp extend? It sounds way worse than I imagined.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let me guess

Jan 27, 2020, 10:15 AM

another secret source? lol. How many times have y'all been burned on these secret sources? For a guy that goes way out of his way to compliment the military and law enforcement, i don't believe it one bit. Now i could seem him calling certain individuals dopes.

How many times was Trump said there were absolute facts Trump was colluding with Russia?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's how journalism works.

Jan 27, 2020, 10:24 AM

If journalists didn't rely on unnamed sources we wouldn't know jack ####.

https://www.spj.org/ethics-papers-anonymity.asp

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, say, I have a question...

Jan 27, 2020, 10:27 AM

is the Tnet cursing filter not in effect anymore? Because I didn't try to slip that one past the goalie.

sure, just, when the press will do anything to either

Jan 27, 2020, 10:37 AM [ in reply to That's how journalism works. ]

make this President look bad or remove him from office, they will do anything.

Again, he has committed treason a thousand times according to "secret" sources. You cry wolf too many times, you stop believing their "sources".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you suggesting the sources are lying or that the

Jan 27, 2020, 10:53 AM

media is lying? If the sources are lying, journalists would stop using them because they're unreliable. If the journalists are lying, then they would be making up better stories than what we're getting.

You're right about crying wolf. People have cried "media bias" so many times the term has lost all meaning.

yes and yes.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:32 AM

that has been proven over and over the last 3 years.
Not all sources. Not all media. But they have lied so much over the past 3 yrs, you cant trust their "sources:"
Again, according to them, there has been absolute proof Trump commited Treason. ####, even Adam Shiff said he had absolute proof Trump colluded with Russia. 3 yrs of investigations and nothing.

Somebody was lying

Adam Schiff isn't a journalist.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:51 AM

As someone who follows the news pretty closely I would be astonished if I were presented with evidence of outright lying or accusations of treason by reputable news sources. They've certainly gotten things wrong from time to time for various reasons. That's why it's called the first draft of history. But the idea that the media is a massive political operation grinding out fiction to misinform the country is such conspiracy theory nonsense that no reasonable person could seriously entertain it.

Pompeo being a prime example. He got schooled in an

Jan 27, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Are you suggesting the sources are lying or that the ]

interview, cause he wasn't prepared. Got mad, lied about the journalist, insulted the journalist, then got caught lying about the journalist. Why can't normal people see that people like him aren't f u c k i n g qualified to be in the positions they're in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pompeo being a prime example. He got schooled in an

Jan 27, 2020, 12:47 PM

The bigger problem is that he turned around and threw a tantrum at NPR. NPR!

You can tell this administration has gotten entirely too used to the friendly Nerf confines of Fox News, because if you can't even handle NPR's straight-down-the-utter-middle brand of questioning without having a hissy, you have gotten way too used to the Kid Glove treatment.

There's signs of terminal meltdown all over the administration, and without Rupert's Misinformers there's no way these clowns would still be in office.

That's a "win", I guess, from a pure party standpoint, but when you're propping up sheer effing stupid, at what point is that ever-increasingly swell of ineptitude just too much even for your credulous viewing audience to swallow?

Jan 27, 2020, 1:07 PM

In Pompeo's reply to the NPR report, he said that Mary Louise Kelly had lied to him about the interview and insinuated that she pointed to Bangladesh on the no label map. In fact, the reporter has a Masters Degree from Cambridge University in European Studies. The idea that she pointed to Bangladesh, which borders Thailand, and is 3672 miles from European Ukraine, is just dumb and clearly a lie.

He said Kelly had lied to him in setting up the interview saying he only agreed to talk about Iran. But in fact, emails between Kelly and Pompeo's Press Aid Katie Martin, clearly show that Kelly specifically said that she was going to ask about Ukraine in the interview, telling Martin that she never agrees to take anything off the table.

Pompeo may have been a decent guy at some point, but he is corrupted by power and is lying repeatedly now. He is just another sycophant, chucking his reputation out the window, in service to Trump.

Jan 27, 2020, 4:22 PM

Yeah. Trying to claim that a Cambridge scholar with a degree in European Studies doesn't know where Ukraine is one of the...Trumpiest lies you can tell. It's not just obviously a lie, it's a stupid, easily disprovable, off-the-cuff lie.

If Pompeo's casually throwing out a whopper like that without realizing what a chump it makes him look like, it doesn't bode well for the validity of the rest of his hissy either.

Trumpworld is an isolated little bubble of self-affirming sycophants, and it shows, a lot. And those always invariably implode at some point.

Re: sure, just, when the press will do anything to either

Jan 27, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to sure, just, when the press will do anything to either ]

xtiger said:

make this President look bad or remove him from office, they will do anything.

Again, he has committed treason a thousand times according to "secret" sources. You cry wolf too many times, you stop believing their "sources".

Sure, and the conservative media will say and do anything to make this President look good. "Trump, the poor innocent victim" narrative is laughable. There is no doubt that the Dems were out to get him from the election, just like Mitch McConnell announce that "the Senate's #1 priority is to make this a 1 term president" when Obummer was elected. Every 'out' party goes after the 'in' President, it's been going on for years.

The difference is that this President handed it to them on a silver platter. The whole 'poor Trump' narrative is blowing up because THIS President thought it was smart to screw his own party. So, guys like Bolton and others are going to continue to come forward.

Now you can say it's a he-said, she-said dispute if you like, but only one of the 2, Bolton and Trump, are willing to appear before the Senate and swear to their version under oath.

Re: let me guess

Jan 27, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to let me guess ]

Trump's Campaign did 'collude' with Russia. They offered to help and Trump Campaign happily accepted the help, according to the Mueller Report.

You guys, conveniently, always leave that part out. Mueller said specifically 'we didn't investigate "collusion" because that's not a legal term'. He went on to say that they "couldn't prove conspiracy as they could find no quid pro quo."

Further, the Mueller Report listed over 100 contacts between Russian Operatives and the Campaign. That IS collusion, but collusion isn't a crime.

You prefer to repeat the lie that there was 'no collusion, no obstruction'. Volume 2 of the Mueller investigation lists 10 examples of obstruction by Trump. Among them, asking Don McGhan to go fire Comey and then asking him to lie that he had asked him to go fire Comey.

"The Russia Probe found nothing", "Mueller proved there was no collusion" and all the other BS denials bely the facts. But I suppose it's easier to watch Hannity and Carlson than it is to actually read the report.

Didn't he insult the entire intelligence community?

Jan 27, 2020, 10:18 PM [ in reply to let me guess ]

Are they not law enforcement?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impeachment thing aside, question about Trump's

Jan 27, 2020, 10:21 AM

Because it's a cult and they just don't care. We libs are so extreme that they just don't care. They also just can't come to terms that their God is a fraud and a charlatan. There is an election coming up, so after he wins again they may be more intellectually honest and critical. They aren't taking a chance to do anything to get us libs elected at the moment. They will stand by him for the next year. His poll numbers will go way down in his 2nd term I would think.

You’re partially correct

Jan 27, 2020, 10:36 PM

Re: You’re partially correct

Jan 27, 2020, 10:59 PM

I respect that.

I believe it was during Tillerson’s tenure

Jan 27, 2020, 10:21 AM

as SecState, it was the reason Rex called him an effing moron. Don’t forget he called his military brass a “bunch of babies and dopes” in that meeting as well.

So let’s all line up, you Trump drunks...make excuses for this one too, worship your cult leader. Don’t forget to shid on Bolton while yer at it, he’s the liar, not Donny!

Re: Impeachment thing aside, question about Trump's

Jan 27, 2020, 10:33 AM

you can't say this: where he basically said "I wouldn't

If its a quote, then Trump didn't "basically" say it. If you are making it a quote that is your opinion of what he said, which you do not have the quotes to substantiate.

This is what happens, you all quote Trump as you want it to fit your narrative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're all just lying, lying about everything. It's not

Jan 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

Trump, he'd never lie, he is a fine upstanding citizen. #Donnyisagoodchristianman

Re: We're all just lying, lying about everything. It's not

Jan 27, 2020, 10:43 AM

His favorite book is the Bible. That would be cool if we could get him to come in and give some Bible lessons to Dabo and our team.

It'd be awesome to see him stumble through reading

Jan 27, 2020, 10:57 AM

the first couple of verses of John, then claim that he wrote it...ya know, 'cause "my middle name is John".

Trump lies so it's OK to lie about him?

Jan 27, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to We're all just lying, lying about everything. It's not ]

I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you dim?

Jan 27, 2020, 4:16 PM

Trump is a f u c k i n g liar; always has been, always will be, and is today. He expels falsehoods with nearly the same frequency as CO2, yet none of you trump supporters deny he's breathing.

There are so many accusations and retaliatory tweets

Jan 27, 2020, 10:51 AM

it makes my head spin. Then there are the ongoing layers of spinoff arguments over every single one. And none of them sway anybody on either side, nor will they, because it's too partisan, too transparent, and just too much.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This is what's known as a firehose of falsehood.

Jan 27, 2020, 11:01 AM

"We characterize the contemporary Russian model for propaganda as “the firehose of falsehood” because of two of its distinctive features: high numbers of channels and messages and a shameless willingness to disseminate partial truths or outright fictions. In the words of one observer, “[N]ew Russian propaganda entertains, confuses and overwhelms the audience.”

Contemporary Russian propaganda has at least two other distinctive features. It is also rapid, continuous, and repetitive, and it lacks commitment to consistency."

https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html

Russia may be the model, but it's delivered and

Jan 27, 2020, 11:28 AM

embraced world-wide. At this point it's not enlightening or informative, and certainly not persuasive. Lines have been drawn and hard, fast opinions formed. It just fuels partisanship, and makes being objective and reasonable a lot harder than it used to be. It's entertainment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

At some point, you just have to look at the actions of

Jan 27, 2020, 11:50 AM

people and listen to what they say, not what opinion writers say about it. From that perspective, it is easy to see the load of dung this administration produces. And honestly, it's time for us to flush it and start over.

Extend that to just about all of Congress, and

Jan 27, 2020, 1:07 PM

I'm with you.

GO TIGERS!!

In that case, let's get rid of the biggest

Jan 27, 2020, 3:09 PM

turd first. It's the fat fluffy orange one in the oval office.

Nah, let's not.***

Jan 27, 2020, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is what's known as a firehose of falsehood.

Jan 27, 2020, 4:52 PM [ in reply to This is what's known as a firehose of falsehood. ]

That's an interesting article and one that has been in my head for awhile: if you're informed you know what the Russians are doing and you can see right here the effect it's had on the discussion and even our national character; Fox News itself and the alt-right blogosphere are so heavily influenced by the Russians it's hard to tell where the American trolls start and the Russian ones begin.

But how do you stop it?

Those listed counters do seem practical.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic