Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Imagine that.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 476

Imagine that.

Apr 9, 2019, 5:55 PM

"And so some of the assimilation that inevitably takes place is gonna take a little bit longer, but some of those principles still apply, and I worry sometimes as we think about how to deal with the immigration issue we think that any moves towards assimilation of newcomers to the existing culture is somehow betrayal or a denial of people’s heritage or what have you.

The truth of the matter is that if you’re going to have a coherent, cohesive society then everybody has to have some agreed upon rules, and there’s gonna have to be some accommodations that everybody makes, and that includes the people who are newcomers. The question is, are those fair? Should we want to encourage newcomers to learn the language of the country they’re moving to? Of course. Does that mean they can never use their own language. No.

Of course it doesn’t mean that, but it’s not racist to say if you’re gonna be here then you should learn the language of the country you just arrived at, because we need to have some sort of common language in which all of us can work and learn and understand each other."

BHO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BHO also said...

Apr 9, 2019, 5:57 PM

"“...we can’t label everybody who is disturbed by immigration as racist,” calling it a “self-defeating tactic.”

Try to focus on 'self-defeating tactic,' while you take your pulse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we supposed to be surprised he said that?***

Apr 9, 2019, 6:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump has been 'proven,' to be a racist for just such.

Apr 10, 2019, 4:51 AM

Don't condescend. It's not becoming.

Re: Trump has been 'proven,' to be a racist for just such.

Apr 10, 2019, 6:19 AM

Probably because Trump hasn't been as balanced. He has no wiggle room now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is wiggle synonymous with two faced,...

Apr 10, 2019, 6:30 AM

wishywashy or being blown about by every wind?

Re: Is wiggle synonymous with two faced,...

Apr 10, 2019, 6:57 AM

Trump sees good people in both sides and is embraced by white supremacists. Yeah he has no wiggle room. He is not a champion of human rights or anything positive.

Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you....

Apr 10, 2019, 7:05 AM

didn't seem to mind. Exact same situation and you're taking a different opinion on the two. You can clearly see that the BP's endorsement of Obama did not reflect on Obama yet you refuse to apply the same reasoning and logic to Trump.

You read somewhere and heard someone say that Trump could said he could see good in the White Nationalist and assumed that he was endorsing and/or supporting White Nationalism. That is not true.

Re: Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you....

Apr 10, 2019, 7:07 AM

I understand why the Black Panthers came to exist. They are nobody now though. White supremacists are a much larger group today. Trump's lack of condemnation tells you all you need to know about him. I will look at that as support.

Are they a much larger group? Is that actually true?***

Apr 10, 2019, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does this falsehood continue to exist?

Apr 10, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you.... ]

You've referenced Charlottesville a couple times. I get it that the media has pushed this narrative since it happened, but one only needs to read the transcript to see that Trump did condemn the white supremacists and was referring to people who protested the statue removal on historical grounds as "fine people". Again, it's mind boggling to realize the confirmation bias at play when one assumes a President, (even if they believed it) would go in front of the media and say "some of these Neo-Nazis were really good dudes!".

There's ample ammunition to criticize Trump if you're looking for it, there's no need to manufacture stuff like this.

Here's some direct quotes from the press conference---I'm parsing to eliminate verbiage, not change meanings. The direct link is here.... https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-charlottesville-transcript-20170815-story.html

TRUMP: As I said on -- remember this -- Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence. It has no place in America....

TRUMP: I will tell you something. I watched those very closely, much more closely than you people watched it. And you have -- you had a group on one side that was bad, and you had a group on the other side that was also very violent, and nobody wants to say that, but I'll say it right now. You had a group -- you had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent.

QUESTION: Do you think that the -- what you call the alt-left is the same as neo-Nazis?

TRUMP: Those people -- all of those people -- excuse me. I've condemned neo-Nazis. I've condemned many different groups. But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee. So -- excuse me. And you take a look at some of the groups and you see -- and you'd know it if you were honest reporters, which in many cases you're not, but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. So this week it's Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson's coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you all -- you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop? But they were there to protest -- excuse me. You take a look, the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question, go ahead.

TRUMP: Excuse me, excuse me. (inaudible) themselves (inaudible) and you have some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me -- I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

TRUMP: OK. Good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue? So you know what? It's fine. You're changing history. You're changing culture. And you had people, and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You've got -- you had a lot of bad -- you had a lot of bad people in the other group…

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, the left considers me a white nationalist because I...

Apr 10, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you.... ]

would stop, completely stop, unskilled workers from crossing our borders. No one cares that it's not because I hate mexican unskilled workers. It's because they suppress wages of America's unskilled population who depend on Gov welfare to survive even though they work two jobs and work their American Aszzes off but still can't pay their bills, feed and clothe their families in equal amounts to their efforts to get ahead.

No, White Nationalist openly march and scream 'I hate black, browns, yellow and red.'

That bullchit about the panthers not being prominent is a lie. Bold lie since they stood in front of polling places with bats and intimidated white voters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party_voter_intimidation_case

You didn't see it because you didn't want to face the fact that Obama was their preferred candidate. It's exactly as I said, Carlsbad, you forget the radical groups which backed Obama and you're either dishonest or a liar if you think Trump didn't immediately condemn the White Nationalist who supported him.

I don't recall Obama saying a word when a black radical group intimidated whites at the voter's poll.

Re: Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you....

Apr 10, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Obama was embraced by Black Panthers and you.... ]

Black panthers embraced Obama simply because he was the first black president.

White nationalist love trump because of his rhetoric regarding Hispanics and African Americans. Remember when he tweeted fake statistics on African American crime that painted them in a terrible light?

How long you been a member of the New Black Panthers?

Apr 10, 2019, 5:02 PM

Cause without being a member or having mind reading powers you have no idea why they backed Obama. It's speculation.

BTW, since you're reading.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

Re: Imagine that.

Apr 9, 2019, 9:59 PM

I'm assuming you think this contradicts some current position, but I can't place it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good logic.

Apr 10, 2019, 6:13 AM

I would hope most everyone would agree with that.

Re: Pretty good logic.

Apr 10, 2019, 6:20 AM

I agree. It's common sense.

I knew you were quoting BHO over Trump...

Apr 10, 2019, 8:12 AM

Because the sentence structure matched that of someone above the age of 12, and it presented a cohesive train of thought.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 17
| visibility 476
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic