Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Free Speech at Clemson: Milo Yiannopoulos - Mitchell Gunter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 51

Free Speech at Clemson: Milo Yiannopoulos - Mitchell Gunter

Oct 5, 2016, 6:12 PM

https://clemsonlibertyoutpost.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/make-clemson-great-again/

For years, Clemson University has romanticized the concept of diversity–a kaleidoscope of races, genders, and sexual orientations. The ideological message of the Clemson Multicultural Center permeates every area of campus life. Classes, workshops, dorms, freshman orientation, and resident assistant training all hammer home the importance of diversity, with one notable exception: diversity of thought.

Every other week, traumatized activists call for “safe spaces,” areas designed to insulate occupants from speech they disagree with. In the classroom, trigger warnings are the order of the day. CU Administrators recently branded an evangelist a “solicitor” and a Graduate Community Director banned Harambe references in dorms. Various Clemson policies flagrantly violate the First Amendment rights of students, and some student-faculty groups, like “See The Stripes,” are calling for outright campus censorship.

Milo Yiannopoulos is Clemson University’s paradigm shift. WeRoar, Clemson’s free speech advocacy coalition, will host “Make Clemson Great Again” on October 18th.

Yiannopoulos is a potent force for free speech and a cultural litmus test. His talks tackle political correctness, “social justice,” feminism, radical Islam, and censorship culture on American college campuses. As a self-described homosexual, Jewish conservative and avid Trump supporter, Milo passes the diversity check, which is why the Alt-Left hates him. The purpose of his “Dangerous ###### Tour” is to challenge campus radicals, college administrators, and university policies that violate the constitutional liberty of students on college campuses. Protests regularly accompany his speeches, often backed by extremist, far left-wing professors. In this regard, Clemson is shaping up to be no different.

These protests, intended to be a stinging rebuke towards Milo and so-called “hate speech,” function as a window into the underdeveloped emotional intelligence level of campus demonstrators.

Somewhere along the line, the Alt-Left developed the idea that “hate speech” isn’t free speech, and that words can equate to “an act of violence.” Not only is this half-baked notion legally incorrect, it’s also infantile and dangerous. Offensive speech is inherently subjective, and excluding libel, harassment, discrimination, and threats, it is protected by the First Amendment. This is especially true on college campuses, as ruled by landmark supreme court cases. Several Clemson speech policies don’t reflect this legal precedent.

Clemson University policies, such as the Bias Incident Response Protocol, grant the most sensitive student on campus control over free expression. Lacking common legal components like “reasonable person standards,” severity and pervasiveness requirements, and realistic legal definitions, these policies would never hold up in court. Our greatest desire for “Make Clemson Great Again,” is that Milo generates media coverage towards these unconstitutional policies. We hope this sparks meaningful dialogue towards reform.

Sadly, we can’t always count on the media to provide fair coverage. The left-leaning bias of the national media is legendary, and Clemson University is simply a microcosm of the country-at-large. For instance, “The Tiger,” Clemson’s weekly publication, published a piece about Milo titled “Alt-Right Spokesperson and Free Speech Funadmentalist to Visit Clemson.” Misspellings aside, the piece attempts to crown Milo, a gay Jew, the leader of the Alt-Right movement, while simultaneously linking the movement to Anti-Semitism and white supremacy. Ironically enough, genuine white-supremacists and anti-Semites recently declared a “holy crusade” against Milo’s events. The Tiger goes on to state Yiannopoulos is the “self-proclaimed leader of the alt-right movement,” despite numerous quotes from Milo stating otherwise.

Another publication, “The Tab,” held a poll in which they asked “Should Milo Yiannopoulos Speak at Clemson?” Approximately 88% of those surveyed said “yes,” but this question is a sobering reminder of the media’s desire to silence conservatives.

In a recent Gallup poll, it was found that trust in the media is at a historic low, and rightfully so. This is further evidence of the public’s rejection of the media agenda.

In a speech at the University of Houston, Milo stated what he most despised about the left is that “they are making it harder to laugh.” Comedians like Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock actively avoid performing at college campuses. Under the acolytes of social justice, everything is racist, sexist, and homophobic. Displays of patriotism are demonized. This trend won’t cease of its own volition. As C.S. Lewis warned, “those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Victimhood culture has compromised the greatness of Clemson University, but the reputation of an institution that fiercely protects individual rights may soon be realized.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

highly interesting & I support free speech on campuses

Oct 5, 2016, 6:21 PM

And am alarmed as a History Major that so many Liberal Schools are not allowing diverse thinking speakers on their campuses.

What is college about if not for seeing & learning what's out there and then being able to decide freely what is right & wrong.. within each persons' mind?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well what'd ya know, Bill? I was a history major too!***

Oct 5, 2016, 6:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Liberal doesn't mean what it used to***

Oct 5, 2016, 6:32 PM [ in reply to highly interesting & I support free speech on campuses ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is odd.*****

Feb 21, 2017, 7:01 PM

Hear, hear!***

Oct 5, 2016, 8:26 PM [ in reply to highly interesting & I support free speech on campuses ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: highly interesting & I support free speech on campuses

Oct 5, 2016, 9:07 PM [ in reply to highly interesting & I support free speech on campuses ]

As a liberal it's embarrassing higher ed has decided to limit free speech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Well at least now I know why you're so dense

Oct 5, 2016, 9:26 PM

liberal + coot = complete moran

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ That was Rude!

Oct 5, 2016, 9:40 PM

Free Speech does have a slim-edged limit, doesn't it! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well at least now I know why you're so dense

Oct 6, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Well at least now I know why you're so dense ]

no personal attacks. Morans aren't here to defend themselves.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: Free Speech at Clemson: Milo Yiannopoulos - Mitchell Gunter

Oct 5, 2016, 6:45 PM

I'm all for free speech....that dude pretty much covers the spectrum.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which restroom can you whistle Dixie......***

Oct 5, 2016, 6:50 PM

5 posts of alt right bigotry support?

Oct 5, 2016, 6:52 PM

Interesting.

Hope the mods are paying attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did not read the op but i understand yours completely***

Oct 5, 2016, 6:55 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 5 posts of alt right bigotry support?

Oct 5, 2016, 7:22 PM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

Supporting free speech is bigotry? I'll wear the title proudly, good sir.

Supporting bigoted speech. Wear it like a badge of honor.

Oct 5, 2016, 7:35 PM

I know you and so many like you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cry me a river

Oct 5, 2016, 7:38 PM

Oh, cry me a river. The Constitution protects all speech, excluding libel, harassment, threats, and discrimination.

Yes it does. You are free to be as big of a bigot as you

Oct 5, 2016, 7:41 PM

choose to be and whine about how your rights are being violated.

Just don't expect me to give up my rights to call you out for what you really are.

Re: Yes it does. You are free to be as big of a bigot as you

Oct 7, 2016, 7:21 AM

You sound like a Fascist.

Next think you know people like you will be holding book-burning parties in town squares. Put down your Nazi propaganda and try to remember which country you live in. In WWII America defeated an entire country of German's who think exactly the way you do.

If you think free speech only applies to mindless imbeciles like yourself then your not worthy of being American.

Re: Supporting bigoted speech. Wear it like a badge of honor.

Oct 5, 2016, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Supporting bigoted speech. Wear it like a badge of honor. ]

When did it become illegal to say bigoted things? The progressive thought police are trying to kill this country and I might add they seem to be doing a good job of it.....Jaybird

Bigots have thin skin and tend to wet themselves when called

Oct 5, 2016, 7:53 PM

out.

They lack a basic understanding of the Constitution and freedom of speech.

Every one tends to have thin skin and to wet themselves when called out

Oct 6, 2016, 8:56 AM

You're all bigots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes. I am bigoted against racists, anti-Semites, xenophobes

Oct 6, 2016, 9:20 AM

homophobes, religious bigots, misogynists, etc.

I wear it like a badge of honor.

Are you with me or are you with them?

Bigots have thin skin and tend to wet themselves when called

Oct 5, 2016, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Supporting bigoted speech. Wear it like a badge of honor. ]

out.

They lack a basic understanding of the Constitution and freedom of speech.

So BMAirmage is Mitchell Gunter. Do you consider yourself

Oct 5, 2016, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

an embarrassment to Clemson University?

Bless Your Heart

Oct 5, 2016, 9:23 PM

Quite the opposite, champ.

Seig Heil, Herr Gunter!

Oct 5, 2016, 9:40 PM

Liberals: "If you disagree with me, you're Hitler."

Oct 6, 2016, 7:27 AM

This is how I know you have no logical criticisms. I'm happy to see you embarrassing yourself.

U. of Chicago got it right-no safe spaces

Oct 6, 2016, 7:55 AM

Honestly, what is the future of this nation when if someone says something you disagree with you have to run and hide. Whether it's Milo or BLM, all have a right to say it. I have a right to disagree and ignore. Of course, statements like "pigs in a blanket, fry'em like bacon" are the epitome of free speech, while opinions from another perspective are not

I'm just a truth teller. Milo and his army of bigots

Oct 6, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Liberals: "If you disagree with me, you're Hitler." ]

Soldiering on.

Good lowered you are childish***

Oct 6, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Seig Heil, Herr Gunter! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Chuck T....we got another bigot here ^^***

Oct 7, 2016, 8:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Clearly Don't Know The Definition of "Bigot"

Oct 7, 2016, 1:30 PM

Allow me to help you look in the mirror:

big·ot
?bi??t/
noun

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"
synonyms: chauvinist, partisan, sectarian; More

And you clearly don't understand sarcasm and humor***

Oct 7, 2016, 1:37 PM

Oops (too many leftists sorry)***

Oct 7, 2016, 3:56 PM

Hope the mods are paying attention?

Oct 6, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

That is too perfect. Please clarify what it is you wish the mods to do with these posters? What is the penalty you wish to see imposed for their micro aggressions?

Re: 5 posts of alt right bigotry support?

Oct 6, 2016, 8:15 AM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

I am sorry that he has invaded your safe space you precious little snow flake.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Looks like we have another Soldier in Milo's Army of Bigots.

Oct 6, 2016, 8:53 AM

I'm just a truth teller exercising my freedom to speak the truth.

seriously. for those who don't know who milo is,

Oct 6, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

he is not only alt-right, he is a neo-nazi propagandist who's been banned from multiple social networks for his incendiary, nazi-themed garbage. For those of you supporting this clown, yes, you are deplorable. Wear the term with pride.

None of this is true

Oct 6, 2016, 8:59 AM

Milo is in no way a "neonazi" propagandist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Using your logic, you are a homophobe

Oct 6, 2016, 9:30 AM [ in reply to seriously. for those who don't know who milo is, ]

And a bigot. You are attacking an openly gay man (Milo). Wear it proudly.

Now you're just making stuff up

Oct 6, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to seriously. for those who don't know who milo is, ]

Milo is Jewish and gay. Kinda hard to be a Nazi when you're Jewish and gay. But you're real problem is that he's never said anything like what you're alleging.

This is the problem...free speech is now "bigotry"

Oct 6, 2016, 8:57 AM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

Although what isn't "bigotry" to the left these days.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate speech, while free, is bigotry.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:03 AM

You went to Clemson. You should know that.

hey Chuck, you didn't answer my ??.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:09 AM

You wanted the "mods" to take notice of the "bigoted" alt right tigernet posters. I asked what you thought should be done by the board moderators. Can you share your thoughts? What should your implied penalties be?

Our African American, Jewish and Muslim recruits need to

Oct 6, 2016, 9:13 AM

know the overwhelming majority of Clemson grads aren't racist, anti-semitic, religious bigots, though some of you wear it proudly.

I'm just a truth teller speaking truth to bigots.

Still won't answer the question?

Oct 6, 2016, 9:22 AM

Let me make it easier for you
multiple choice :

A: post removed so their ignorance isn't read by others and risk offending other readers potentially recruits

B: post removed and posters banned from the site. Clemson's community has no place for ignorant bigots

C: nothing. Free country.

Posts that violate Tigerboard rules should be removed.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:29 AM

Those that don't should not. The mods should be vigilant.

I am a truth teller speaking truth to bigots.

Are you with me or are you with Milo and his army of bigots?

Neither most likely

Oct 6, 2016, 9:33 AM

I am firmly in the camp that believes our constitution gives him the right to be "offensive" and you the right to be intolerant.

However, I do wish there was a constitutional ban on IDIOTS. That would make you a Canadian and me a touch happier.

Just as I suspected. We are smoking out the bigots.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:46 AM

You are a soldier in Milo's army of bigots. Congratulations! Wear it proudly!

I am a truth teller calling out the bigots. We got another one.

Honestly, Chuck, you sound kind of crazy.

Oct 6, 2016, 11:09 AM

As for this speaker, can someone summarize his "platform" or whatever? Why do liberals call him a bigot or a neo-nazi?

I realize that "bigot" is just kind of a default for everyone on the right these days, but I am hopeful that people opposed to this guy can point to specific held beliefs espoused from him to call him these names. I know nothing about him and don't care to do research at websites I've never heard of. Or worse...Slate or Huffington.

And please don't reference something mean he said about a special interest. I take it this guy uses humor in his presentation so I need more than that.

Thanks!

null

Sooooo, hard "no" on the explanation?***

Oct 7, 2016, 3:03 PM

null

Are you on a personal mission to devalue the word bigot?***

Oct 7, 2016, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Just as I suspected. We are smoking out the bigots. ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So all of your posts should be removed.***

Oct 7, 2016, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Posts that violate Tigerboard rules should be removed. ]

Milo isn't alt-right***

Oct 6, 2016, 3:02 PM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

Milo loves his BBC...

Oct 7, 2016, 3:19 PM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

not really someone you can reasonably call a bigot.

Not that you're being reasonable.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are aware Milo has a black boyfriend.

Feb 21, 2017, 9:19 PM [ in reply to 5 posts of alt right bigotry support? ]

I wouldn't think the alt right supports that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2016, 8:42 PM

The Gunter kid is clueless.

Oct 5, 2016, 8:54 PM

He claimed it was wrong to call an evangelists a solicitor... well being on a campus preaching without authorization from said campus is almost the definition of soliciting. However, im sure our fine friend over here would have no problem labling a black lives matter gathering a solicitation.

Oct 5, 2016, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Free Speech at Clemson: Milo Yiannopoulos - Mitchell Gunter ]

Thanks babe

Get the safe spaces ready...

Oct 5, 2016, 8:59 PM

Nm

The robertn Memorial Safe Space is already reserved and full

Oct 6, 2016, 11:28 AM

Full of Reach Around Gang (RAG) members.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Oct 5, 2016, 10:41 PM

His event at FAU was cancelled because of a bomb/firearm threat.

You can thank the left for that.

I'll post this link here as well. Just so you know.

Oct 6, 2016, 9:22 AM

Now, you can't say "Oh, but I didn't know he was a neo-nazi."

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/46161_Breitbarts_Alt-Right_White_Supremacist_Milo_Yiannopoulos_Perma-Banned_by_Twitter

I stop reading anything when I see the terms "Alt-right"...

Oct 6, 2016, 10:26 AM

or "alt-left".

I wouldn't go that far, but Milo isn't even alt-right

Oct 6, 2016, 3:09 PM

It's like most of his detractors on the left are forming opinions based on some sort of nebulous feeling they have about the guy. I've listened to a number of his podcasts and read a number of his pieces, and while he's provocative, he doesn't align with the alt-right and he isn't a white supremacist. At worst, he makes misogynist jokes and talks about wanting to s black d. If you want to criticize the guy, criticize him for being vulgar or for his mildly misogynistic views. This other stuff just silliness.

Milo Isn't a White Supremacist

Oct 6, 2016, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I'll post this link here as well. Just so you know. ]

As a self-described homosexual Jew, what are your grounds for accusing Milo of Anti-Semitism, racism, and white supremacy.

Check out this link. Actual White Supremacists are currently threatening him.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/09/29/antisemites-and-white-supremacists-declare-holy-crusade-against-milo/

Yes. Wow. A link FROM BREITBART.

Oct 6, 2016, 12:57 PM

Maybe you should actually think about where your links are coming from.

Did you even read his post?***

Oct 6, 2016, 1:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you posted something from Little Green Footballs...

Oct 6, 2016, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Yes. Wow. A link FROM BREITBART. ]

Something about glass houses...

I hope Milo comes out dressed like Harambe

Oct 6, 2016, 9:24 AM

And hes troll enough to do it lol

Oct 6, 2016, 9:25 AM

These policies at Clemson of which you so eloquently speak above are the spawn of "political correctness" which is no more than the intent and ability of a few to control the behavior of the majority. The correct term is fascism.

I support Mr Yiannopulos and thank you for your illuminating report

This went really well for you on TI so you're trying it here

Oct 6, 2016, 9:38 AM

Bold strategy cotton.gif

A writer promoting his own work in this way seems that'sf******sad.gif

Just let folks post your articles if they like them. This is a bit much.

Oct 6, 2016, 10:33 AM

Milo, is that you?

if so, I have always wanted to tell you what a tool you are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

tool respect tool***

Oct 6, 2016, 10:41 AM

It's Mitchell Gunter -

Oct 6, 2016, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Free Speech at Clemson: Milo Yiannopoulos - Mitchell Gunter ]

a soldier in Milo's Army of Bigots.

I'm worried for your sanity.

Oct 6, 2016, 11:20 AM

I'm worried for your sanity.

Re: I'm worried for your sanity.

Oct 6, 2016, 1:09 PM

so you are Milo?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares though?

Feb 21, 2017, 7:04 PM [ in reply to It's Mitchell Gunter - ]

Aren't we smart enough to blow it off? The more free speech the better. It's a novelty.

Re: Who cares though?

Feb 21, 2017, 7:13 PM

I think Milo crossed the line in those new videos that were released (if they weren't edited like he claims)

But I also believe almost 100% in free speech. It isn't free if we allow only what we believe in to be spoken.

I agree. That said, I think we can give them more power...

Feb 21, 2017, 7:20 PM

when we try to shut them up and make them sound dangerous. Also, sometimes even the bad one have a point here and there. I agree with you though.

Re: I agree. That said, I think we can give them more power...

Feb 21, 2017, 7:28 PM

True.

That Milo character probably wouldn't be a household name right now if people hadn't tried shutting him down.

Feb 21, 2017, 6:34 PM

Lol

Replies: 82
| visibility 51
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic